• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsdesu

Just realized something.. The voice of the person talking to Evil Coop in ep. 2 has the same voice of the woodsman who did the chant that put the town to sleep.

Whether that means anything....

Something something Dougie.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really the same voice? The Woodsman's voice seemed to be rougher.

EDIT: You know something bothering about the Chromatics appearance? I think it means we aren't getting another performance from them, and I really wanted them to perform Blue Moon from Windswept.

stuminus3

Someone suggested that maybe his soul was used to make Dougie I think which was an interesting theory.
Windom Earle? I always figured the Evil Coop doppleganger was born from the whole BOB soul stealing thing... it appears from the curtains immediately after BOB kills Windom. I always wondered if he was inadvertently drawn to the Lodge by BOB in the first place.

Linkin112

Windom Earle? I always figured the Evil Coop doppleganger was born from the whole BOB soul stealing thing... it appears from the curtains immediately after BOB kills Windom. I always wondered if he was inadvertently drawn to the Lodge by BOB in the first place.
That makes me wonder if BOB only gets garmonbozia from being directly in control of someone or if he can also get it from taking the soul of an evil person like Windom.

Levito

Banned
I've kind of always got the impression Lynch didn't like Windom Earle. That scene in the season 2 finale where Bob steals is soul is like "lol this carny dude and is disguises is nothing compares to Bob".

I actually like Windom Earle but he's really a far cry from Bob in terms of intimidating villains. Bob is straight up fucking scary.

fenners

I've kind of always got the impression Lynch didn't like Windom Earle. That scene in the season 2 finale where Bob steals is soul is like "lol this carny dude and is disguises is nothing compares to Bob".

I think it's bloody obvious that Lynch didn't think much of Windom Earle.

I actually like Windom Earle but he's really a far cry from Bob in terms of intimidating villains. Bob is straight up fucking scary.
Windom was always just a miniboss. He never felt like a replacement for the cosmic wrath of the supernatural.

Footage of upcoming episode:

giphy.gif

Airola

I liked Windom and still thought that was the perfect end for him. I think it actually made Windom's character even more important when he was set up to be this big villain, but to also to be used to show how Bob is even bigger than that.

It's like introducing Satan and showing him a bit. Then introducing some human villain who is a real threat and something really bad for the hero. But then in the end showing that all these earthly villains are nothing compared to the metaphysical terror that is Satan.

I have never thought that should be seen as Lynch not liking the character. In fact I think he cared about him so much that he wanted to give him a great last episode.
It's true that Lynch at least didn't like him wearing different clothes and costumes as he commented during the production that Windom should always wear black. But I think he at least liked the idea of the character. At least enough to give him a good finale.

Airola

I think that whatever ill will Lynch had towards something when shooting the Earle scenes it was not about Earle himself but about the horrible original script of the last episode of S2.

I just read it again and oh my it's even more horrible than I remembered. In my opinion Lynch managed to make Earle cool with everything he changed from the script. That original script is absolutely abysmal in how it portrays Earle, the Lodge and Bob and everything. He managed to pick up the few good Earle moments the original script had (like, really a few lines here and there) and everything else he added to it was amazing stuff.

I think that if he would've really hated him he wouldn't have made him be in power in the Lodge even for that amount of time he did.

Linkin112

I think that whatever ill will Lynch had towards something when shooting the Earle scenes it was not about Earle himself but about the horrible original script of the last episode of S2.

I just read it again and oh my it's even more horrible than I remembered. In my opinion Lynch managed to make Earle cool with everything he changed from the script. That original script is absolutely abysmal in how it portrays Earle, the Lodge and Bob and everything. He managed to pick up the few good Earle moments the original script had (like, really a few lines here and there) and everything else he added to it was amazing stuff.

I think that if he would've really hated him he wouldn't have made him be in power in the Lodge even for that amount of time he did.
That's fair. What we got is definitely better than Windom wanting to be the king of Hell, while BOB is dressed as a fucking dentist and the entire final scene of the Black Lodge takes place in a dentist office

I loved all season 2 and all classic earl.

Can't believe so many people hate it and I don't know anyone for all those years that did.

g11

a1b474e4-dbb8-4ff1-8ff4-c6065678bc31_text_hi.gif

The brief scene with Dougie getting smacked with the baseball and just standing there was top tier stuff.

The original Dougie is coming back at the end, Coop is history :3

I just read the original finale script for the first time. It's really incredible how Lynch improved upon every scene. Well, except for the Haywards and Ben.

I'm doing okay. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm definitely still excited for the next episode.
A part of me is getting hyped since weaker episodes have generally been followed by stronger episodes. Not to mention that some of the hype tweets from last week didn't match up with the episode(Kyle's Candie tweet especially), so I'm wondering if they were meant for this one.

Linkin112

A part of me is getting hyped since weaker episodes have generally been followed by stronger episodes. Not to mention that some of the hype tweets from last week didn't match up with the episode(Kyle's Candie tweet especially), so I'm wondering if they were meant for this one.
I feel like this entire thread got hyped off those tweets for the wrong reasons. They normally always make photos/gifs of the previous week's episode when hyping about the upcoming one. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll have anything to do with it.

Airola

I'd imagine the arguing and going back and fourth made people want to check the thread less more than anything else.

Well to make this thread more active I guess we should now start arguing if this thread is slow because of the arguments or because the episode wasn't that great :D

That's the only way!

mittelos

Going back to the brief discussion several pages back about Sarah and possibility that she's also frog moth girl, this could easily be chalked up to continuity, especially since I'm using some dates from Secret History, but she should have only been 10 or 11 in 1956 when the frog moth hatched...too young I believe based on the girl we saw in Ep 8.

Levito

Banned
Going back to the brief discussion several pages back about Sarah and possibility that she's also frog moth girl, this could easily be chalked up to continuity, especially since I'm using some dates from Secret History, but she should have only been 10 or 11 in 1956 when the frog moth hatched...too young I believe based on the girl we saw in Ep 8.

Sarah has always seemed to have supernatural abilities too.

Very much hoping we get into what's with Sarah. "It's a damn bad story isn't it Hawk" was creepy as fuck, like "I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper" creepy. Seems pretty clear she's being visited on by a Lodge spirit. I personally think it's Bob. The fan is going. Bob appears to be a free agent now because the woodsmen extracted the Bob "egg" from EvilCoop when he got shot. In the liquor store Sarah said "your room looks different." A spirit she's fighting to contain that's been in her house perhaps? That could only be Bob.

I'm also guessing the endgame is rescuing Laura from the Woodsmen. It seems like she got sucked into the kind of vortex that almost took Gordon, and Cooper is the only one who knows; Leland even asked for his help. When she's out, she can do something about saving her mom from Bob. If Cooper ever comes to, he and Gordon will put their heads together and go back to the vortex at the Hastings house.

Sarah as the frogbug girl would be great and make sense. I'm guessing that girl was 14 in 1956, so 74 now. Sarah is arguably that age in the show.

Re-centering the story on the Palmers and Coop is a lot to hope for but they continue to be the most fascinating part of the story.

gun_haver

This episode really fucked up everyone, it's the least active the thread's ever been between episodes.

i'm not fucked up, i was just bored. so basically it's just waiting to see if the next episode makes the show interesting again. ep 12 was extremely bad.

mittelos

Wonder if she's referring to just the story of her life or if she was saying her cover story for what was in the kitchen was bad.
I'm thinking it's both. Her life has been horrible- supernatural elements aside- her only child was raped and murdered by her husband, who then killed himself. That's a "goddamn bad story" itself, and now it seems the bad story is continuing.

Flipyap

This episode really fucked up everyone, it's the least active the thread's ever been between episodes.
Nah, it's been pretty darn dead for days before (maybe around part 6, before the hypesplosion). I enjoyed the lastest part, so I'm not feeling fucked up in the slightest. This thread, on the other hand... can't say I've enjoyed checking it lately.

I think there's a chance that frog moth girl will probably end up being the girl that first used the term blue rose (as Albert mentions to Tammy in episode 12)....and that her name could well be Judy. Sarah doesn't need to be frog moth girl. She has plenty of visions anyways in the past. It also kinda weakens the whole Leland drugging her bit too if she's always been possessed by something. However, Sarah did say "Something happened to me" in the store. Whether she means literally or if she's talking about the past is unclear. No coincidence she's in a convenience store when she starts freaking out about "when they first came" either. I'm still 100% sure as to whether the woodsman are actually working with or against BOB although it heavily points it it being the former.

As for what was in the kitchen during the Sarah/Hawk thing - it's the kid from the store with her vodka and Sarah doesn't want Hawk to see her with that much booze. Simple as that.

Mi goreng

So was just checking Boomkat and it looks like Scared Bones Rec. has released this today
LHT8Evd.png

It's on Apple Music and is the ambient atmospheric music we've heard in this season so far. Dean Hurley is a part of Trouble who performed on stage earlier in the show.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A reminder I'll post again when closer to airing, but remember that starting with this Part (Part 13) the show will be airing one hour earlier from here on out. It'll be airing at 8 PM EST, not 9 PM EST anymore. One hour earlier in all regions.

A reminder I'll post again when closer to airing, but remember that starting with this Part (Part 13) the show will be airing one hour earlier from here on out. It'll be airing at 8 PM EST, not 9 PM EST anymore. One hour earlier in all regions.

Really? I'm in the UK, so airing times don't bother me, but that seems awful early for a show like Twin Peaks.

The scene in the first two parts instantly comes to mind, when the two young'uns were getting it on before being sliced to pieces. Surely something like that can't be shown at such a time?

We're just going to get a Dougie Jones sitcom from here on out aren't we?

"Oh, Dougie!"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Really? I'm in the UK, so airing times don't bother me, but that seems awful early for a show like Twin Peaks.

The scene in the first two parts instantly comes to mind, when the two young'uns were getting it on before being sliced to pieces. Surely something like that can't be shown at such a time?

We're just going to get a Dougie Jones sitcom from here on out aren't we?

"Oh, Dougie!"

In America Showtime is an unrated subscription channel so they have nothing to worry about there. My best guess is they had decided to move it up an hour here so they're not directly competing with Game of Thrones.

But so people don't keep the old time in mind, just making sure most know that the show is pushed forward an hour starting with today's episode and will be at this time slot for every episode to come (so for the next four weeks after this... We're in the final third of the series and Part 17 & 18 air together for a two-hour special finale).

So was just checking Boomkat and it looks like Scared Bones Rec. has released this today
LHT8Evd.png

It's on Apple Music and is the ambient atmospheric music we've heard in this season so far. Dean Hurley is a part of Trouble who performed on stage earlier in the show.

Hurley collaborates with Lynch on his albums too.

Who's ready for some Dougie action tonight? Can't believe we're so close to the end already.

I'm hoping for Mr C to show up, we haven't seen him since Ep 9...

Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled but about 20 minutes of the next episode has leaked.

Shiiiiit. I'd be all over it but twenty minutes will just leave me with blue balls... Oh, you got me (lowers head in shame).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom