• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Audrey doesn't know where The Roadhouse is? What the hell is going on with her?

A lot of people will pass on the scene because they didn't like Audrey last week, but this scene with Audrey and Charlie was very interesting. Audrey was saying she didn't know where the Roadhouse was or that she didn't remember what she asked for last episode, and Charlie was being ominous as fuck saying things like, "Is this where your story ends, Audrey?", and they started talking about children's fairytale-esque stories and something about a girl down the river, which I don't remember where but there was something mentioned earlier this episode about a girl down the river, I think in the R.R. Diner scene. It came off like for some reason Audrey doesn't remember who she is or has flashes of memories but not much more, and Charlie I have more questions about since he seems to know something Audrey doesn't and is being kind of creepy about it.

There's something weird going on with those two.

HoJu

I swear the Audrey stuff is like some Kafka, Bunuel nightmare stuff. Just endless talk about how she needs to go to the bar but she can't to meet people we dont know. Really frustrating to watch, which is probably the point, but still. At least it wasn't 20 minutes like last time.

can u post a pic of it?

fI4gDJD.png

traveler

Not Wario
Sonny Jim's gymset, lighting and music is like something out of the beginning of a dream that hasn't yet made clear whether or not it's a nightmare yet.

I actually think Audrey might still be in a coma and the Charlie scenes are just dreams. It explains the dissociation and her never being able to leave the house.

Yo did Bobby tell Ed and Norma that he found his dad's stuff today? Time and editing in this show=me confused.

Liked it overall but yeah last third kinda dragged. Loved the Mr C sequence. So I'm guessing Richard's connection to Red is also related to this gang? Otherwise no idea how the hell he showed up there.

I feel bad for Ed :/

I actually think Audrey might still be in a coma and the Charlie scenes are just dreams. It explains the disassociation and her never being able to leave the house.
Yep. Everything we've seen of her is confusion and feeling trapped

Wonder if bad Coop is keeping her in an induced coma somewhere

Yo did Bobby tell Ed and Norma that he found his dad's stuff today? Time and editing in this show=me confused.

Liked it overall but yeah last third kinda dragged. Loved the Mr C sequence. So I'm guessing Richard's connection to Red is also related to this gang? Otherwise no idea how the hell he showed up there.

He did. Also, the Audrey scene seemed to be the *same* day.

But I'm starting to think the 'she is still in a coma' theory might have something to it. I'm still not onboard, but that seemed to add weight to the theory rather than dispel it.

Again, I'm not onboard with it yet. But it's up to 'plausible' for me.

Yep. Everything we've seen of her is confusion and feeling trapped

Wonder if bad Coop is keeping her in an induced coma somewhere

But she talks about Billy, and Charlie talks about Billy getting his truck stolen. So I'm sure he's the same Billy that Deputy Andy talked to who never showed up to meet him on the logging road.

But perhaps it's more like gaslighting + drugs, and she's not in a coma at all, but still trapped. It sure feels like a parallel to Cooper trapped for 25 years... but it's hard to know how literal it is or the timeline on much of anything.

Dusk Golem

I'm still standing with my theory that Red is "Phillip Jeffries" (the person posing as him), He notably shows up as soon as they start talking about Jeffries. I think he's both behind the drug ring in Twin Peaks but is also seeking out BOB.

He did. Also, the Audrey scene seemed to be the *same* day.

But I'm starting to think the 'she is still in a coma' theory might have something to it. I'm still not onboard, but that seemed to add weight to the theory rather than dispel it.

Again, I'm not onboard with it yet. But it's up to 'plausible' for me.

Yeah as someone mentioned Audrey seems stuck in a loop, moreso than other characters. That whole not being able to go to a place thing and feeling stuck in time, I've had my share of dreams like that :p

I'm still standing with my theory that Red is "Phillip Jeffries" (the person posing as him), He notably shows up as soon as they start talking about Jeffries. I think he's both behind the drug ring in Twin Peaks but is also seeking out BOB.

Makes sense to me. Wonder if we'll find out whatever happened to the "real" Jeffries.

Ashby

I legitimately hurt myself laughing at the James scene. Thank you David Lynch.

Just like an hour before the episode the original scene was fresh in my mind cause someone linked to it in the "silliest tv scenes of all time" thread on here lmao

But she talks about Billy, and Charlie talks about Billy getting his truck stolen. So I'm sure he's the same Billy that Deputy Andy talked to who never showed up to meet him on the logging road.

But perhaps it's more like gaslighting + drugs, and she's not in a coma at all, but still trapped. It sure feels like a parallel to Cooper trapped for 25 years... but it's hard to know how literal it is or the timeline on much of anything.
There seems to be an emphasis on all of the drugs shit (that they really haven't gone into yet) so that seems plausible

Would also make sense since Richard is tied into it

If this "Phillip Jeffries" guy knows everything then he probably knows about Audrey and had it taken care of, probably to lure Cooper in. (Bad or good...)

Linkin112

I really want to know when that scene from last episode of Dougie being dragged out to play catch takes place if he apparently didn't come home from the night out with the Mitchums from Part 11

I was waiting for the guy to say Eddie Vedder, when he said james hurley I was like .... No....no it cant.... it cant be.....

This is exactly why I'm glad they're broadcasting it like this. I mean, my phone started going crazy seconds after it started and I knew, I just knew that half of my facebook timeline had just started losing it's goddamn mind. And the extra level of joy that gives me.

I mean, you know. You've got people overjoyed. You've got people putting their head through the goddamn wall. You've got people like me who are sort of thinking 'Well played David Lynch you beautiful troll'. This thread losing it's mind...

Airing this any other way robs us of these moments.

We only get to see James Hurley take the stage at the roadhouse for the first time, together. Once.

Together.

Forever.

IN LOVE.

This show is an exercise is patience. That James song was pointless. Like really Lynch. That's what you do with a tv show lol

Not judging by my facebook wall.

Dusk Golem

That was Richard not Red, my dude

I need to rewatch, though I still have my theory. I was caught up in quite a few things going on in that scene so I caught on a bit late to someone familiar in the crowd.

This episode was surprisingly pretty fast paced for the shows standard, even the 'long moments' towards the end were comparably shorter than usual.

I think a lot happened in the episode in general.

A lot of people will pass on the scene because they didn't like Audrey last week, but this scene with Audrey and Charlie was very interesting. Audrey was saying she didn't know where the Roadhouse was or that she didn't remember what she asked for last episode, and Charlie was being ominous as fuck saying things like, "Is this where your story ends, Audrey?", and they started talking about children's fairytale-esque stories and something about a girl down the river, which I don't remember where but there was something mentioned earlier this episode about a girl down the river, I think in the R.R. Diner scene. It came off like for some reason Audrey doesn't remember who she is or has flashes of memories but not much more, and Charlie I have more questions about since he seems to know something Audrey doesn't and is being kind of creepy about it.

There's something weird going on with those two.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Something is definitely not what it seems here, and I think something is definitely wrong with Audrey. I don't think she escaped the bank explosion unscathed.

Just off the top off my head I was thinking that maybe this was some type of therapy session where she's allowed to live out whatever memories or delusions come to her. Or maybe a sleazy guy married Audrey to get access to her family's money, and he puts up with crazy delusions

well. I guess this is it for Cooper. just dougie until 5 minutes from the end of the series.

Maybe I'm imagining things, but I think Cooper has been slowly imerging for a while now. When he repeats phrases now, it seems more like Cooper is using the tools he has in order to communicate rather than just parroting people like he used to. Also I noticed one time this episode where he wasn't repeating phrases verbatim anymore.

Dusk Golem

Also, as becoming increasing apparent, this quote Lynch said in an interview before the new season started airing is becoming readily apparent. I need to find the exact quote here, but some may remember it. He was talking about how sometimes in theaters the film reels are out of order and people can draw a completely different meaning out of that, and then slyly said watching the new season of Twin Peaks out of order might paint a very different picture to the audience. As the actual series certainly seems to be out of order, I'm curious if there's any specific reason or Lynch just wanted to experiment or something.

Levito

Banned
I cannot fucking believe James just performed "Just You" at the Roadhouse. This is like a meme come to life, I'm still laughing.

Also, as becoming increasing apparent, this quote Lynch said in an interview before the new season started airing is becoming readily apparent. I need to find the exact quote here, but some may remember it. He was talking about how sometimes in theaters the film reels are out of order and people can draw a completely different meaning out of that, and then slyly said watching the new season of Twin Peaks out of order might paint a very different picture to the audience. As the actual series certainly seems to be out of order, I'm curious if there's any specific reason or Lynch just wanted to experiment or something.

Yeah. I feel like trying to piece it all together like a puzzle. It's one of the things that has me hooked. Mentions of dates and I start trying to crunch everything together.

Also seeing the threads cross over and having Richard show up to see Mr C kill Ray gets my heart pumping. Everything has a purpose. Some of those purposes are just conveying an emotion, or showing us something about a character... but I think a lot more things are going to tie together than many expected mid way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom