• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought was that it'd be a Lynch thing to do to reveal all of this information to Andy, the one person relatable to forget it and not make sense of it and leave the viewiers frustrated at the spinning tires, yet again. But no; Andy came out of that like a whole different cognitive person.
Which in itself, is kind of a Lynch thing to do

Lol

So Dianne has never met Dougie, even though she knows everyone calls him Dougie? Otherwise she would know he looks like Cooper.
"They haven't asked about Vegas yet"

HoJu

Re watching the episode and I think in the furnace james is gonna find the source of the humming Benjamin Horne and Ashley Judd were looking for. Not sure how I didn't pick up on that the first time

Scrawnton

So Dianne has never met Dougie, even though she knows everyone calls him Dougie? Otherwise she would know he looks like Cooper.

I loved this part:
Gordon: Last night I had another Monica Belucci dream.
Albert: ...oh boy.

It's obvious based on past information that Diane is helping Bad Cooper and is aware of more than she lets them believe. She was probably involved with the whole Dougie being connected to Cooper and bad Cooper. What I'm confused about is why would she share this info with Albert and Gordon when we already know she's actively working against them.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I loved this part:

To be honest, Diane could know, after all she is apparently helping Mr. C. She could've chosen Janey-E so they could keep an eye close to Dougie.

Wasn't the lady without eyes warning Cooper that mother was coming? She was probably sent to earth to be kept away from Mother, but turns out Sarah is somehow Mother. Sarah is the one that is coming to kill the eyeless chick.

That was actually Ronette Polaski's actress new character. Because the lady without eyes seemed to be trying to get Cooper out into the void, but she never spoke a word, just hissed a lot.

tp-ronette.gif

Finally, all of the BS is dropped and we're getting some real top-quality stuff. Best episode since the premiere (1+2), and better than 8 because it actively tied the surreal elements into reality.

Now we know why Sarah has always been touched in the head, but is she aware of what's awakened inside of her? Is she a knowing villain, or just an unwitting host?

Could the woman at the end be Lisa? I get the distinct feeling that we were supposed to expect her to say her mother is Audrey, she hesitates to say "Tina" because it's a lie. Maybe she can't remember Audrey because she's no longer here.

Who is "the dreamer?" Is it Cooper? Sarah? The God of this world, whose consciousness we simply occupy?

I'm so glad they brought back that scene in FWWM where Philip Jeffries comes back. Any connection that makes it seem like they've planned this since the beginning is the good shit.

Fantastic episode overall with some real strong surreal and horrifying moments. I can't imagine the rest moving along at the pace it was going before.

Airola

So is The Missing Pieces officially canon now because the David Bowie scene was taken from that and not from the movie? He says "who do you think this is there" instead of "who do you think that is there" which was said in this episode.

Or maybe The Missing Pieces is some sort of a dream-memory canon. Like, it's canon but in a way someone would recall it years after with a thing wrong or different here and there.

timshundo

If according to the popular fan theory Audrey is in a coma, what if those girls are the nurses that are taking care of her or something? And she hears all that shit about Billy etc and dreams about it while comatose?

OH MY GOD SO MANY QUESTIONS IS IT SUNDAY YET AGAIN

No one is talking about Gordon's dream???

That may have been the biggest mystery of the entire episode (and season to date?) ---- who is the dreamer??? Is this entire season a dream? What did that all mean???

0_0

If according to the popular fan theory Audrey is in a coma, what if those girls are the nurses that are taking care of her or something? And she hears all that shit about Billy etc and dreams about it while comatose?

OH MY GOD SO MANY QUESTIONS IS IT SUNDAY YET AGAIN

I was thinking something similar. That would make a lot of sense.

Enk

makes good threads.
No one is talking about Gordon's dream???

That may have been the biggest mystery of the entire episode (and season to date?) ---- who is the dreamer??? Is this entire season a dream? What did that all mean???

We are the dreamer and there was never a new season of Twin Peaks. It was all in our heads.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So is The Missing Pieces officially canon now because the David Bowie scene was taken from that and not from the movie? He says "who do you think this is there" instead of "who do you think that is there" which was said in this episode.

Or maybe The Missing Pieces is some sort of a dream-memory canon. Like, it's canon but in a way someone would recall it years after with a thing wrong or different here and there.

I think it's momore people forget often direct contact with the other world in some forms. In a similar way in this episode where the police know they just experienced something shocking, but they can't remember the specifics.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I knew that that line sounded different. Thanks for pointing it out. Maybe Lynch preferred how it sounded, and to be honest, this one sounds better than the theatrical version.

bunbun777

So looks like the diner scene and Billy was no accident. There's time distortion going on, all those images of the sheriff and deputies coming back to the palace looked just like the sootmen. Andy is the only one to go somewhere but... maybe the other 3 who cannot remember what happened were also effected and were displaced. Sootmen are spirits (minor demons?) maybe we were seeing the cop's spirits coming back to physicality?

Levito

Banned
Yeah I'm with you there

But do we think Bad Coop/Bob are supporting The Mother Of All Abominations? Or do they have their own agenda that might conflict

We see her vomit out the image of Bob in episode 8 (and again today), I'm thinking there might be a swerve somewhere with motivations but I don't know if we have enough evidence to support anything

"Laura is the one" -Log Lady

When Laura removed her face in the second episode, it was all white light behind her face. When Sarah removed her face, it was all black and horrible. White Lodge vs Black Lodge? The Giant saw what was happening in the 1940's when the bomb went off and Bob/The Mother of Abominations or whatever the bug was came to earth, he sent Laura to Earth. Then the bug crawled into (probably) Sarah's mouth and has been with her all that time.

Not to mention Leland was possessed by Bob when he was a boy... Hmm their whole family seems to be the center of all of this.

Dusk Golem

So why do we think the tree that is Bobby's self-titled "Jack Rabbit's Palace" looks exactly like what I guess we can only assume in the White Lodge at this point?

I mean, I guess the implication here is the place we saw is the entrance to the White Lodge like the grove with the oil in front of it is the entrance to the Black Lodge, and both seem to have waiting rooms.

Dusk Golem

So looks like the diner scene and Billy was no accident. There's time distortion going on, all those images of the sheriff and deputies coming back to the palace looked just like the sootmen. Andy is the only one to go somewhere but... maybe the other 3 who cannot remember what happened were also effected and were displaced. Sootmen are spirits (minor demons?) maybe we were seeing the cop's spirits coming back to physicality?

The amusing thing is as things come together, the much debated diner credits scene where the patrons change is looking more and more like it was intentional. I don't fully understand that whole background behind it yet, but there's definitely something going on. I think people were more leaning towards it being a mistake in editing on Lynch's part as time went on, but this particular episode has three big clues it likely was actually intentional.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Leave it to Lynch to make everyone think he made a big mistake, just for us to say "holy crap, it was intentional all along".

So why do we think the tree that is Bobby's self-titled "Jack Rabbit's Palace" looks exactly like what I guess we can only assume in the White Lodge at this point?

I mean, I guess the implication here is the place we saw is the entrance to the White Lodge like the grove with the oil in front of it is the entrance to the Black Lodge, and both seem to have waiting rooms.

Hmm, how far was the liquid similar to engine oil from Jack Rabbit's place again? It was to the East as well, right? That could be something important.

I mean, we saw the Fireman seemingly dream Laura into existence. Why not him?

Having him called "the Fireman" is also really interesting. The fireman is the one who puts out fires ("fire walk with me"), and who saves people from disaster. Whoever the Dreamer is, the Fireman seems to be their "guardian angel," trying to fix the parts of the dream that are going haywire.

shaneo632

My second favourite episode of the season so far. Pretty hilarious considering it contains no Coop.

The Sarah Palmer scene was fucking GOAT.

Also did anyone else notice that the girl in the bar at the end on the right side of the table was Lynch's wife?

Levito

Banned
Was the Fireman actually credited as "The Giant" in the original series or is that just what fans called him and it stuck?

Just curious.

Scrawnton

Having him called "the Fireman" is also really interesting. The fireman is the one who puts out fires ("fire walk with me"), and who saves people from disaster. Whoever the Dreamer is, the Fireman seems to be their "guardian angel," trying to fix the parts of the dream that are going haywire.
Laura is the dreamer. This is all going to end with Laura never being murdered and Bob never existing and the final episode of the return is going to be an episode filed over 25 years ago when Twin Peaks originally started. Lynch filmed the finaly back then and he had this all planned all along. It's the best long con in tv.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
A lot of standout moments this episode.

- Window washer thing went from hilarious to slightly terrifying in a second.
- FBI dude was awesome.
- Monica Belluci dream. Oh Lynch.
- What I would give for a Bowie Roadhouse scene, anything from Blackstar :( I don't even care if it doesn't make sense.
- Fuck you Chad.
- Did not expect the no-eyes lady to return.
- Andy "just cheese" Brennan is suddenly the most lucid dude on the force. Amazing.
- Walnut crushing dude has the best superhero origin story.
- Like daughter, like mom? Faceoff scene!
- End song, Wild West by Lissie. Off to find it.

Headphones are essential to watch this episode.

Chitown B

I loved this part:

Unless he really doesn't look like Cooper but we are just seeing him as such because that's who is inhabiting him now.

mjp2417

Banned
Was the Fireman actually credited as "The Giant" in the original series or is that just what fans called him and it stuck?

Just curious.

In the first two seasons he was credited as "The Giant." In The Return previously he was just credited as question marks like so "???" which makes sense now.

BrokenBox

Isn't it possible the "Drunk" guy in the cell is Billy? The lady at The Roadhouse mentioned Billy had blood coming out of his nose and mouth. They also hangs credit names as story elements are revealed, so I'm thinking we saw him this ep.

Really good ep, too. Sarah. :(

Dusk Golem

Leave it to Lynch to make everyone think he made a big mistake, just for us to say "holy crap, it was intentional all along".

Hmm, how far was the liquid similar to engine oil from Jack Rabbit's place again? It was to the East as well, right? That could be something important.

Could be, I don't quite know though. Seeing that scene was interesting though, I was just looking at the massive tree trunk thinking it was interestingly shaped and then looking at it longer it suddenly hits me, "WAIT, that looks just like the rocky cliffside of the purple ocean place!!", and then it seems from what occurs that place is an entrance to (at this point pretty sure it's) the White Lodge.

But since there's an entrance to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks, and this is somewhere Briggs knows (which we know he's been to the White Lodge), I'm guessing it's Twin Peaks entrance to the White Lodge.

---

Also random though, Blue Rose being whispered by people who encounter their doppelgangers is probably important? Briggs whispers it to others as well we see, and of course in Part 3 we actually see a blue rose in the area with the American Girl.

Could be, I don't quite know though. Seeing that scene was interesting though, I was just looking at the massive tree trunk thinking it was interestingly shaped and then looking at it longer it suddenly hits me, "WAIT, that looks just like the rocky cliffside of the purple ocean place!!", and then it seems from what occurs that place is an entrance to (at this point pretty sure it's) the White Lodge.

But since there's an entrance to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks, and this is somewhere Briggs knows (which we know he's been to the White Lodge), I'm guessing it's Twin Peaks entrance to the White Lodge.

---

Also random though, Blue Rose being whispered by people who encounter their doppelgangers is probably important? Briggs whispers it to others as well we see, and of course in Part 3 we actually see a blue rose in the area with the American Girl.
I always thought the waiting room could go to either lodge, but who knows? I'm not sure the waiting room is even a thing anymore.

Freddie and James scene was great. Very intriguing.

I hope he doesn't beat it with that hand.

Did Freddie just punch that person who didn't wanna sell him the glove? Freddie didn't kill him, right? I missed a few sentences there.

Also, Freddie's got some power in that hand there. Is this random Freddie kid gonna be the one who kills Sarah / bad Coop?? haha

Dusk Golem

Also, Freddie has to have a big role when the central conflict occurs, right? Rubber glove vs. electricity?

...You know what, I hadn't made that connection, but yeah with electricity being big this season I guess it'd make sense for him to have a super-powered rubber glove hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom