• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Freddie just punch that person who didn't wanna sell him the glove? Freddie didn't kill him, right? I missed a few sentences there.

Also, Freddie's got some power in that hand there. Is this random Freddie kid gonna be the one who kills Sarah / bad Coop?? haha
He mentioned the guy was still talking, but in a manner that made him think he had a broken neck.

(Gregory is cockney rhyming slang for neck).

Kerned

Banned
So the girl in the bar telling the story about Billy, her mom is Tina. Tina is who Audrey's husband was talking to during that excruciating phone call. I think the story he was hearing on the phone from Tina about Billy is the same story the girl at the bar was telling tonight. Also, I wonder if the drunk in jail is Billy. He was bleeding from his mouth and nose, just pouring out as described. Something seemed very wrong with him, like Dougie levels of wrong.

Also strange: the women telling the story couldn't remember if her uncle was there and repeated that more than once.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I always thought the waiting room could go to either lodge, but who knows? I'm not sure the waiting room is even a thing anymore.

I'm not sure about it either, but there is a place in the White Lodge which looks like a waiting room, we see Cooper in it at the start, Andy is in it this episode, but we know this place is more than this room at this point so I'm just theorizing it might be the White Lodge's 'waiting room', especially as the place Andy enters seems linked to the White Lodge with the big stump with next to it with liquid in front of it (like the tree line with oil in front of it in front of the black lodge entrance), and in the Black Lodge entrance you go to a waiting room, and in the White Lodge place the place we see Andy go to looks like a waiting room, so why I'm calling it one for now until more information is provided.

so if Gordon had been pulled in at the trailer park, would he have been the one who got all the info?

It was headed someplace different. One big thing to note was the Soot Hobos portal turned black, this portal turned white.

Someone else mentioned that the hand inside Sarah's face has a completely black ring/spirit finger. I wonder if that makes it immune to the Jade ring?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This place looked like it had what looked to be yellow liquid in a puddle in front of it.

Yeah, quite different from the one in Glastonbury Grove.

Was it me, or did that pool with yellow liquid was surrounded by trees as well? Sycamore? (INB4 it's Douglas firs).

Could be, I don't quite know though. Seeing that scene was interesting though, I was just looking at the massive tree trunk thinking it was interestingly shaped and then looking at it longer it suddenly hits me, "WAIT, that looks just like the rocky cliffside of the purple ocean place!!", and then it seems from what occurs that place is an entrance to (at this point pretty sure it's) the White Lodge.

But since there's an entrance to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks, and this is somewhere Briggs knows (which we know he's been to the White Lodge), I'm guessing it's Twin Peaks entrance to the White Lodge.

---

Also random though, Blue Rose being whispered by people who encounter their doppelgangers is probably important? Briggs whispers it to others as well we see, and of course in Part 3 we actually see a blue rose in the area with the American Girl.

Yeah it's a good observation, I really hadn't made the connection! But I wonder if the other instructions meant something.

I want someone to make an animation or comic of Phillip and Gordon investigating their first Blue Rose case, since you're talking about it! I think that the most important part of this it's that it's probably foreshadowing how Cooper is going to kill his doppelganger and how Mr. C is going to disappear like that.

Dalek

So the girl in the bar telling the story about Billy, her mom is Tina. Tina is who Audrey's husband was talking to during that excruciating phone call. I think the story he was hearing on the phone from Tina about Billy is the same story the girl at the bar was telling tonight. Also, I wonder if the drunk in jail is Billy. He was bleeding from his mouth and nose, just pouring out as described. Something seemed very wrong with him, like Dougie levels of wrong.

Also strange: the women telling the story couldn't remember if her uncle was there and repeated that more than once.

Yeah this whole Billy storyline has me confused as hell.

Why did that one girl look bothered after learning that the moms name was Tina?

Since people brought it up again, got me thinking about it

There was that portal Gordon looked into that led to the Woodsmen. They were standing on a staircase. I'd been wondering (especially since Sarah started acting up this season) if that was supposed to be the Palmer house, or a fucked up alternate version of it

If she is in fact the host of The Mother Of All Abominations, there might be something more to it

Dusk Golem

There was that portal Gordon looked into that led to the Woodsmen. They were standing on a staircase. I'd been wondering (especially since Sarah started acting up this season) if that was supposed to be the Palmer house, or a fucked up alternate version of it

If she is in fact the host of The Mother Of All Abominations, there might be something more to it

It was actually my thought when I first saw it, or more accurately it reminded me of the wallpaper in Fire Walk With Me when Laura is having the dream and the creamed corn kid shows up, but the stairs that looks like the Palmer house to me when that scene popped up while I was watching.

And it might be like some nightmare version, again remember there's been some weird things going on with reflections this season too like Part 13 with Ed's reflection acting separately of he himself.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Oh that would be something very interesting. We've yet to see that place in more detail, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it mirror the house.

Dusk Golem

I was getting mad Mulholland Drive diner scene vibes from that Roadhouse scene. Good stuff.

To be honest, all of Sarah's scenes in this season have been wonderfully executed. We see her just watching lions tear a Bison apart on TV at the end of the series premiere (in Part 2) which shows she's in a bad place, and then they begin to set it up that there's something really wrong with her a couple episodes ago in the grocery store scene, we see a bit of her acting weird and strange goings ons last episode, and then this episode has some wonderful pay-off with some absolutely bizarre and creepier than I think anyone was expecting this subplot to go to.

I think Sarah's scenes, though limited, have been great this season so far. Eah one has been interesting, creepy, and just off, and then it escalated like hell in this episode.

PolishQ

To be honest, all of Sarah's scenes in this season have been wonderfully executed. they set-up there's something wrong with her a couple episodes ago, we see a bit of her acting weird and strange goings ons last episode, and then this episode has some wonderful pay-off with some absolutely bizarre and creepier than I think anyone was expecting this subplot to go to.

I think Sarah's scenes, though limited, have been great this season so far. Eah one has been interesting, creepy, and just off, and then it escalated like hell in this episode.

Sarah's scene was great too but I meant the Roadhouse scene with the two women talking about Billy.

Airola

I knew that that line sounded different. Thanks for pointing it out. Maybe Lynch preferred how it sounded, and to be honest, this one sounds better than the theatrical version.

No way, I always felt the Missing Pieces version had something very wrong with David Bowie's performance. The theatrical version has him way more intense and otherworldy-like.

Also, the weird noises the no-eyed woman makes sound an awful lot like monkey "speech." Monkeys were a Lodge symbol too.

302806_1255630035657_500_281.jpg

Dusk Golem

Sarah's scene was great too but I meant the Roadhouse scene with the two women talking about Billy.

Ah, I misinterpreted probably from tiredness for the bar.

The roadhouse scene is interesting and the creepy music that kicks in caught me off guard. To be honest that scene makes me want to go back and look at some of the other odd scenes in the roadhouse this season, like the one with the driving guy last episode or the woman with a rash a few episodes ago. I just get the feeling they're all entangled somehow and this is building up to something.

I can't believe we only have three weeks left of this. I'm still in the bubble of being in awe that any of this is real. I'm so glad people let him make this show the way it is.

That Andy scene threw me to the ground. This whole episode was the coolest shit ever.

*Naido breathing noises*

PizzaFace

Banned
Incredible episode, absolutely incredible.

British glove guy story was hilarious, one of the funniest things in the entire show.

Sarah's scene was.....unforgettable

What a fucking show guys. I know it's disappointed some, but I couldn't be happier.

EdmondD

Wow, that was insane. The blue rose woman I guess had a doppelganger. Monica Beluci dream and then actually having her in the dream. Philip freaking Jeffries! Rest in peace Bowie. Telephone poll from FWWM.
Jack Rabbits Palace. The eyeless woman from that one place. According to Amazon x ray which shows you info about the actors her name is Nae. Andy gets a crazy info dump. Liked how his whole demeanor changed. The other guys are made to basically walk around in circles and then can't remember anything. Laura is surrounded by the christmas tree ornament angels from FWWM ending.
That kid with the crazy glove. Guess he's going to pile drive some woodsman along with a gold shovel wielding Nadine. James investigating the same sound that Ben and Beverly heard.
That scene with Sarah was one of the craziest and scary things I've seen on tv. It looked like the experiment when she first took off her face and it stuck it's serpentine tongue out. That grin was fucked up. She moves really fast basically manipulating time and tears his throat out with her teeth but she has no blood on her mouth or any evidence of what she just did. I was reminded of when Laura took her face off but she was pure light.

Dusk Golem

Can we all talk about the elephant in the room? That scary as hell window washer.

To be honest, I understood that scene's fear well. There's a person who every 3-4 months comes and cleans our roof, I'm on the second floor of a building and there's a place to stand outside my window. This guy is not paid by us, it's some neighborhood thing, and I don't get the notification he's coming. So sometimes I'm doing something in my room, and suddenly I see a shadow of a figure outside the curtains of my room. I freak out for a second, but then realize it's the guy cleaning the roof who does this every few months.

the moment that scene started I related to it and was thinking maybe Lynch has dealt with something similar. XD;

Kalor

That was certainly a good episode to watch at 3am. I'm glad I didn't look at the spoilers because this episode was way better blind. Having Andy in the white room and suddenly being the most competent person there was great. So was whatever the fuck happened with Sarah in the bar.

Coles dream segment was real weird for me because I had a dream earlier this week of what was meant to be this episode with black and white footage of Jeffries from FWWM, although there it had some new footage.

I've had problems with this season but when they deliver an episode like that it almost overrides a lot of my grievances.

bunbun777

The window washer sounded a bit like the jumping man. Also he wasn't doing a very good job washing. So since Cole loves codes and believes in the importance of information not hampered by words maybe it was a message of warning?

By the way, were there a couple of cuts when the 6-pole was shown? I think I saw that number shown three times with two cuts in between. 6-6-6 :O

I noticed that too. Definitely ominous.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No way, I always felt the Missing Pieces version had something very wrong with David Bowie's performance. The theatrical version has him way more intense and otherworldy-like.
Hmm, you know? You're right, I meant from a sound editing perspective his voice sounded clearer, but in terms of performance, the theatrical version is better.

Airola

By the way, were there a couple of cuts when the 6-pole was shown? I think I saw that number shown three times with two cuts in between. 6-6-6 :O

I wouldn't say it's impossible. After all, there's the story about Lynch being in a taxi(?) and seeing a licence plate with 666 and then not letting the car to stop until he has seen another licence plate that has numbers that would cancel out the 666 in the other plate :D

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I wouldn't say it's impossible. After all, there's the story about Lynch being in a taxi(?) and seeing a licence plate with 666 and then not letting the car to stop until he has seen another licence plate that has numbers that would cancel out the 666 in the other plate :D

Is Lynch religious? Because FWWM's ending and this story sure makes me think he is.

Dusk Golem

Wow, that was insane. The blue rose woman I guess had a doppelganger. Monica Beluci dream and then actually having her in the dream. Philip freaking Jeffries! Rest in peace Bowie. Telephone poll from FWWM.
Jack Rabbits Palace. The eyeless woman from that one place. According to Amazon x ray which shows you info about the actors her name is Nae. Andy gets a crazy info dump. Liked how his whole demeanor changed. The other guys are made to basically walk around in circles and then can't remember anything. Laura is surrounded by the christmas tree ornament angels from FWWM ending.
That kid with the crazy glove. Guess he's going to pile drive some woodsman along with a gold shovel wielding Nadine. James investigating the same sound that Ben and Beverly heard.
That scene with Sarah was one of the craziest and scary things I've seen on tv. It looked like the experiment when she first took off her face and it stuck it's serpentine tongue out. That grin was fucked up. She moves really fast basically manipulating time and tears his throat out with her teeth but she has no blood on her mouth or any evidence of what she just did. I was reminded of when Laura took her face off but she was pure light.

HOLY SHIT, YOU MADE ME JUST REALIZE, CHECK, AND CONFIRM SOMETHING.

That noise, the one playing in Ben Horne's scene with the strange noise, it's a pitched down version of "Music in the Air" from the original series! I just checked right now, it's literally the exact same noise but pitched down!

In Episode 3 of the original series, the Man From Another Place says there's always music in the air here, and then they all look up and something flys by the curtain making a weird sound.

The sound Ben and the woman are hearing and the sound James hears is the same sound, just pitched around 76% lower exactly!

I can't believe we only have three weeks left of this. I'm still in the bubble of being in awe that any of this is real. I'm so glad people let him make this show the way it is.
There is going to be such a void when this show is done because my brain feels like it has been through a blender every week I watch this show. Such a roller coaster of emotions. I have never seen such a show in my life where I have no ideal what the hell is going to happen week to week. Nothing about this show has been predictable at all, it is just mind-blowing. When they said they were remaking this show I never in a million years thought it would turn out like this. So awesome. It is sad there will probably be nothing ever to come so surreal as this show has been. I do not want it to end.

PolishQ

That scene with Sarah was one of the craziest and scary things I've seen on tv. It looked like the experiment when she first took off her face and it stuck it's serpentine tongue out.

I think that was a beak. The frogmoth had one like that. This might be confirmation that the frogmoth was a juvenile "mother" which has grown up inside Sarah over the last 60 years.

blamite

Has the connection been made already between the woodsmen meaning people's heads explode with their hands (can't remember if right or left, either one would be significant) and the Fireman's power glove? Fireman... Got a light?

The Janey-E/Diane connection blew my fucking mind.

PolishQ

That noise, the one playing in Ben Horne's scene with the strange noise, it's a pitched down version of "Music in the Air" from the original series! I just checked right now, it's literally the exact same noise but pitched down!

In Episode 3 of the original series, the Man From Another Place says there's always music in the air here, and then they all look up and something flys by the curtain making a weird sound.

The sound Ben and the woman are hearing and the sound James hears is the same sound, just pitched around 76% lower exactly!

When the LMFAP is rubbing his hands together, right? I think that's been discussed before. Definitely the same sound.

Lol this show

Amazing

mittelos

Incredible episode, absolutely incredible.

British glove guy story was hilarious, one of the funniest things in the entire show.

Sarah's scene was.....unforgettable

What a fucking show guys. I know it's disappointed some, but I couldn't be happier.
The show really is a treat, this episode, wow. So much here to take in tonight, hang on tight, this is gonna be a helluva ride to the finish.

There is going to be such a void when this show is done because my brain feels like it has been through a blender every week I watch this show. Such a roller coaster of emotions. I have never seen such a show in my life where I have no ideal what the hell is going to happen week to week. Nothing about this show has been predictable at all, it is just mind-blowing. When they said they were remaking this show I never in a million years thought it would turn out like this. So awesome. It is sad there will probably be nothing ever to come so surreal as this show has been.
I completely agree! It's been like Christmas every week. I spend my whole week thinking about it. So excited to continue seeing it, but I'm gonna miss the hell out of it. I really value this bubble we're all in right now.

EdmondD

The window washer sounded a bit like the jumping man. Also he wasn't doing a very good job washing. So since Cole loves codes and believes in the importance of information not hampered by words maybe it was a message of warning?
Yeah, I thought of code since Gordon likes his weird codes. I also thought maybe he is sent to mess with Gordon since it really seemed to hurt his ears.

That's awesome. Nice catch.
I think that was a beak. The frogmoth had one like that. This might be confirmation that the frogmoth was a juvenile "mother" which has grown up inside Sarah over the last 60 years.
A beak definitely crossed my mind as well and made me think of frogmoth.

EdmondD

For anyone curious, here's a sound comparison I just made: [url]https://soundcloud.com/ryan-stanford-3/audio-comparision[/URL]

First bit is from episode 3 of the original series when 'music in the air' is playing as the Man From Another Place rubs his hands together, but pitched down by 76%. The second one is non-edited sound from the sound Ben Horne and the lady hear.

Think I'm onto something?

Yeah, it sounds like the same thing. I just watched the scene. MFAP seems to be creating it by rubbing his hands. It looks like a bird flies by. Maybe an owl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom