• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sappyday

I am too lazy to go back through this thread (and apologise) but did anyone notice that there was a scene where Tammy walked into a room (I think to interview Matt Lillard) but then the door knob kind of flickered?

Has stuff like that popped up previously in other episodes that I maybe missed? I find it a bizarre thing to include accident or not.

The show has a lot of these technical issues that I've never seen in any other show. I'm pretty sure they're on purpose. Could be wrong though.

WriterGK

Is it Sunday yet?

The community has done a decent job, with the exceptions of episode 14, of keeping spoilers to a minimum. Hopefully they stay out of this thread. I already accidently highlighted a huge one pages back. It's become a habit of mine to click those black bars without thinking.

For you maybe, for me the wait between episodes had been close to torture.

No it's not.
Ill give you all the shows I watch and you tell if you have seen all of them ;) :)
Game of Thrones
This
Sense8
Halt and Catch Fire
Billions
The Americans season 5
The Leftovers season 2
The 100
Kingdom
Riverdale
Broadchurch
Agens of Shield
Ray Donovan
Flaked
13 Reasons Why
Rake
Gypsy
Legends of Tomorrow
Bloodline
How To Get Away with Murder

PizzaFace

Banned
I just thought, didn't the note Bobby and the team found say they needed to go to Jack Rabbit's Palace on 2 seperate occasions? So we'll be going back there in the next episode perhaps?

No it's not.
Ill give you all the shows I watch and you tell if you have seen all of them ;) :)
Game of Thrones
This
Sense8
Halt and Catch Fire
Billions
The Americans season 5
The Leftovers season 2
The 100
Kingdom
Riverdale
Broadchurch
Agens of Shield
Ray Donovan
Flaked
13 Reasons Why
Rake
Gypsy
Legends of Tomorrow
Bloodline

Around half with others you didn't mention. As content as I am with watching Game of Thrones week to week along with other shows, I'm obsessed with Twin Peaks and the wait between episodes is excruciating. Yeah, I pass the time but my mind has been constantly looking towards Sundays. The catch is that once it's over, it's over. There is going to be a large void I have to fill after the show ends. Luckily, it's almost horror movie season.

mittelos

I just thought, didn't the note Bobby and the team found say they needed to go to Jack Rabbit's Palace on 2 seperate occasions? So we'll be going back there in the next episode perhaps?
It did have 2 dates, 10/1 and 10/2, I've been thinking it was an either/or deal but I like the idea that they should go both days, or at least someone will be going the second day that we'll get to see.

Plum

So after Episode 14 I've come to the conclusion that, in my opinion, the series isn't bad, it's just a rollercoaster of quality whose highs are not high enough and frequent enough to justify the lows.

12 and 13 were dull, poorly paced and lacked substance. Episode 14, however, was damn good. It had the perfect ratio of atmospheric subtlety to legitimate plot development. The Sarah Palmer, gloved English guy, Andy in the White Lodge and Chad scenes were all really, really good. There weren't any overly long scenes where nothing happens, no scenes that have nothing to do with the overall plot, it was what I'd expect most episodes to be. If the show can keep this quality up for the last 4 episodes then awesome.

WriterGK

But still for love of God. Maybe downsize the whole spoilers/theory stuff. A lot of people are leaving this topic at the moment and that's a crying shame.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
So after Episode 14 I've come to the conclusion that, in my opinion, the series isn't bad, it's just a rollercoaster of quality whose highs are not high enough and frequent enough to justify the lows.

12 and 13 were dull, poorly paced and lacked substance. Episode 14, however, was damn good. It had the perfect ratio of atmospheric subtlety to legitimate plot development. The Sarah Palmer, gloved English guy, Andy in the White Lodge and Chad scenes were all really, really good. There weren't any overly long scenes where nothing happens, no scenes that have nothing to do with the overall plot, it was what I'd expect most episodes to be. If the show can keep this quality up for the last 4 episodes then awesome.

Agreed. I just want at least 2 episodes of old Coop back :/

What was that girl talking about with her friend about Billy in the bar?

Billy, who has been mentioned multiple times this season (Audrey seems to be with him), came to her house covered in blood, and then ran off. One of the girls is the daughter of Tina, who is the woman Charlie called in the first scene with Audrey this season.

What the hell was that old woman who took off her face? Who even is she? I only know her from the market scene.

Sarah Palmer, Laura Palmer's mother, who was all over the original series, and was also watching the animals fight, and boxing this season.

The asian woman in the woods?

The same woman from episode three of this season, credited as Naido, who was seen in the purple room, communicating in a world out of time with Agent Cooper.

British Doomfist?

Freddy, who was seen in episode 2 entering the Roadhouse with James.

Futureman

anyone know of a good site summarizing the episodes? Not interpretations/theories, more like a spark notes of each episode?

I want to re-watch everything but will wait until they release it on blu-ray.

The Diane podcast this week is incredibly interesting. Connecting David Lynch's Hindu beliefs with the concept of dreamers, tulpas and the horse (which is a part of actual scripture). Mr. C's true ambition being re-contextualized as a quest for freedom from the man whose mind birthed him. Thought substances and God, etc.

The real highlight is the notion that Laura, full of light, and Sarah, full of darkness, may need to be united to end all of this. Sarah has totally drowned herself in misery, and only her daughter's light can help her forgive herself.

Meh, as cool as deadly Mrs. Palmer is, the way it recontextualizes her previous role in the series is pretty blegh. Yeah, it looked cool- but feels totally out of place as with the BOB victim she once was.

Meh, as cool as deadly Mrs. Palmer is, the way it recontextualizes her previous role in the series is pretty blegh. Yeah, it looked cool- but feels totally out of place as with the BOB victim she once was.

It's still too early to call for me, and we need a bit more information before we can say it is a retcon that recontextualizes her past or simply a brand-new story development.

For example, if Sarah is being possessed by the shadow creature that escaped the Black Lodge at the beginning of the season, then that's a new development, and it does not really retcon her past.

However, if Sarah is the little girl with the frog moth/baby Mother, then yeah... it really retcons her role up to this point. I mean, she could still have been a genuine victim in the original series (if the frog moth was still growing in her, and she wasn't aware of it), but yeah, it complicates a lot of things.

PolishQ

It's still too early to call for me, and we need a bit more information before we can say it is a retcon that recontextualizes her past or simply a brand-new story development.

For example, if Sarah is being possessed by the shadow creature that escaped the Black Lodge at the beginning of the season, then that's a new development, and it does not really retcon her past.

However, if Sarah is the little girl with the frog moth/baby Mother, then yeah... it really retcons her role up to this point. I mean, she could still have been a genuine victim in the original series (if the frog moth was still growing in her, and she wasn't aware of it), but yeah, it complicates a lot of things.

Yeah, we need more information. It could be that Laura's soul was keeping the frogmoth at bay; after her death, it started to grow. Who knows?

Ashby

I want to know what makes Coop so special out of the Blue Rose agents. Is it cosmic like in the case of Laura or just because of who Coop is as a person?

Ashby

Shadow...
take me down...

I don't think he is? Didn't similar things happen to Philip Jeffries and Chester Desmond?
Well Jeffries seems as if he's gone evil and Chet is nowhere to be found. Why not help for them from MIKE, The Arm, or The Giant like Coop got in the past and is getting now?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I want to know what makes Coop so special out of the Blue Rose agents. Is it cosmic like in the case of Laura or just because of who Coop is as a person?

They all seem special though, nor Tammy nor the detective were able to see the Woodsman who was closing on them, while Albert, Gordon and Diane did.

To be honest I don't see how all of this is gonna be outright resolved by the end of the season. I think Cooper is coming back, but I feel like with all of these new lodge spirits and elements introduced there's gotta be more to take care of the mysteries of the Twin Peaks world. Then again, that might be the point, lol. You guys think Lynch and Frost would be up for a season 4?

I doubt the end is going to be about defeating all the evil spirits and everyone is happy.

sappyday

probably the latter. Probably same reason Andy was the one sucked in. They're good at the very core, that's kind of what the dougie plotline is about. That's what makes him stand out from the other blue rose agents. Albert is an asshole (likable to us), Chet was kind of a jerk especially to Keifer Sutherland. Cole is a creep of sorts but he's probably the one closest to Cooper's good nature. We really know nothing about Jeffries to able to really say anything

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
probably the latter. Probably same reason Andy was the one sucked in. They're good at the very core, that's kind of what the dougie plotline is about. That's what makes him stand out from the other blue rose agents. Albert is an asshole (likable to us), Chet was kind of a jerk especially to Keith Sutherland. Cole is a creep of sorts but he's probably the one closest to Cooper. We really know nothing about Jeffries to able to really say anything

If anything, I'm kind of glad that Jeffries has remained mysterious mostly, I bet Bowie just loved how WTF was his whole role in FWWM.

Chitown B

No it's not.
Game of Thrones
This
Sense8
Halt and Catch Fire
Billions
The Americans season 5
The Leftovers season 2
The 100
Kingdom
Riverdale
Broadchurch
Agens of Shield
Ray Donovan
Flaked
13 Reasons Why
Rake
Gypsy
Legends of Tomorrow
Bloodline

10 of those are ended or ending next season...

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Richard and Linda...two birds with one stone

tough to know for sure without knowing Linda's age range but

what if both of them are Dark Coop's offspring

Rien

Jelly Belly
Richard and Linda...two birds with one stone

tough to know for sure without knowing Linda's age range but

what if both of them are Dark Coop's offspring

Yeah, maybe Dark Coop has another child. I wonder if we will find out about Linda the next episode

I finished a twin peaks illustration I had been postponing forever
0Gu62m9.png

SorchaR

Yeah, we need more information. It could be that Laura's soul was keeping the frogmoth at bay; after her death, it started to grow. Who knows?

Or it could be that the frogmoth grew because it feeds on pain and suffering as well. After all, Sarah Palmer has been hurting and suffering for 25 years.

I finished a twin peaks illustration I had been postponing forever

Nice!

This Reddit post brings up the possibility of the FrogMoth representing cancer, talking about communities near the New Mexico test site where cancer rates increased.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/...he_new_mexico_girl_is_not_a_fictional_person/

This makes a lot of sense - looks at the Woodsmen. The Lincoln Woodsman is obsessed with smoking for a start. Throw in the Log Lady and zero attempt to hide her real-life illness, Beverley's husband (Tom?) and of course Harry, and there's quite a discussion to be had.

I have a theory that exposure to a Bob host is very bad for you, espescially sexual exposure, but we'll see how on point that is when we learn more about whatever happened to Diane and Audrey.

Nice!

This Reddit post brings up the possibility of the FrogMoth representing cancer, talking about communities near the New Mexico test site where cancer rates increased.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/...he_new_mexico_girl_is_not_a_fictional_person/

This makes a lot of sense - looks at the Woodsmen. The Lincoln Woodsman is obsessed with smoking for a start. Throw in the Log Lady and zero attempt to hide her real-life illness, Beverley's husband (Tom?) and of course Harry, and there's quite a discussion to be had.

Sarah Palmer absolutely has got a light.

Chain smoking like she does can't exactly be a good thing in the world where woodsmen are a thing. Maybe giving one a light literally lets them in.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man it's hard to believe how this season has flown by. Insane that it is all over in 17 days.

But there's 18 episodes. Episode 15 is on Monday, we got a whole 4 episodes left

Edit: Oh damn they going out on a double

Big One

Banned
I doubt the end is going to be about defeating all the evil spirits and everyone is happy.
Well if it helps, I doubt it too, lol. I'm just saying there might be more to work with. There's enough material for Twin Peaks to go one for a very long time if Lynch and Frost really wanted to. Though I'm starting to think that "it's all a dream" theory might ring true, which might kill everyone's hopes for a season 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom