• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already been revealed, yeah.

Chumbawamba
Aqua
Showaddywaddy
Vengaboys

tvoIdeQ.gif

I would literally die if that happened.

It would be goddamn amazing.

Gosh these Mondo Twin Peaks vinyl soundtracks are gorgeous. Just got the original series soundtrack, and have Fire Walk With Me on the way. Any word on if the vinyl for this season will have any fun colors?

Blader

Gosh these Mondo Twin Peaks vinyl soundtracks are gorgeous. Just got the original series soundtrack, and have Fire Walk With Me on the way. Any word on if the vinyl for this season will have any fun colors?

I think Johnny Jewel's label, Italians Do It Better, is putting out the score for The Return and the vinyls they put out seem to have some cool color schemes going on.

Futureman

People were saying in here that the convo between James and Green Glove in the last episode took place before episode 2... I don't think that's correct. Green Glove seems to know about the Road House and asks "Who's playing?" So it sounds like he's been there before.

gun_haver

Eps 12 and 13 were quite bad for me - 12 especially. It was weird, I can't point to anything specifically but I just fuckin hated it, and I've loved some of this series. I think it was mainly the disappoint that it just did nothing for me and actively annoyed me several times.

Anyway after episode 14 we're back in business!

CSJ

Tammy is literally a joke. She's hilarious. At least that is my interpretation.

Same here, there was a scene where all she had to do was stand there and listen and she couldn't pick a pose. I think she changed 6 times in a single scene.
Made me laugh.

WriterGK

Its her first acting job from what I hear. She is far from good,but it really doesn't botter me. Although she is a bit overused. Some characters like Ed or Josie could have gotten more screentime then Tammy.

Blader

Its her first acting job from what I hear. She is far from good,but it really doesn't botter me. Although she is a bit overused. Some characters like Ed or Josie could have gotten more screentime then Tammy.

Yes it's her first time acting. The scene when she's interrogating Bill Hastings in jail was her first ever scene acting. Though I actually thought she did a better job there than in most of her other scenes, heh.

The actress for Josie wasn't asked back.

PolishQ

People were saying in here that the convo between James and Green Glove in the last episode took place before episode 2... I don't think that's correct. Green Glove seems to know about the Road House and asks "Who's playing?" So it sounds like he's been there before.

I guess it could be either. Freddie also says "you want to see if Renee will be there", and back in Part 2 James is making eyes at Renee in the Roadhouse. So either James does that a lot or the scenes are out of order.

I can't stand Tammy. I tried. But she has no human reaction to anything, and she seems to move in quiet slow motion. Ugh.
I thought she was going to have more significance considering how often she appears but now that we're so far into the series, I'm convinced she is only there so Gordon and Albert can give exposition. It's pretty disappointing.

liquidtmd

Banned
So the Diane - Janey E fued.

What if it's caused by Dougie. It was said before '98 he didn't exist, right?

Bad Coop and Diane had the texts that mentioned Las Vegas. Random theory - Bad Coop wanted something in '98, so asked Diane to help and in return he said he will return good Coop. He split off part of himself and caused a clone of Coop to appear, knowing this would also help him in the event the Black Lodge tries to pull him back

Diane agrees despite hating the guy and does this. Bad Coop betrays her, she's left with Dougie who is an idiot. She crashes at her sisters with him whilst she figures out what to do. She intends to kill him. Janey E starts to fall for him, Diane gets mad - she walks away and leaves them to it?

They've recently been re-released in the old sleeves on a different label, and if you want the soundtracks i'd look into them instead - I can't vouch for the quality but they're much cheaper.

The Death Waltz versions are not great, especially the series soundtrack. They sent me a replacement because the original sounded terrible and the replacement doesn't sound much better to be honest - really disappointed as I'd been eagerly following Death Waltz/Mondo following their announcement (took two years after that to release) and bought day one.

My copy of FWWM is better but still has its dodgy moments.

Oooooh hopefully we'll get coloured versions in the UK as well.

Great episode, it's like someone told Lynch "Get to the fucking point already!".

Shows to me what an ideal, focused Season 3 would have been like. Fewer episodes and more of the good stuff (the town of Twin Peaks, the music and old characters with significant scenes).

So the Diane - Janey E fued.

What if it's caused by Dougie. It was said before '98 he didn't exist, right?

Bad Coop and Diane had the texts that mentioned Las Vegas. Random theory - Bad Coop wanted something in '98, so asked Diane to help and in return he said he will return good Coop. He split off part of himself and caused a clone of Coop to appear, knowing this would also help him in the event the Black Lodge tries to pull him back

Diane agrees despite hating the guy and does this. Bad Coop betrays her, she's left with Dougie who is an idiot. She crashes at her sisters with him whilst she figures out what to do. She intends to kill him. Janey E starts to fall for him, Diane gets mad - she walks away and leaves them to it?

Something like that. Until this post it hadn't occurred to me that Diane must know all about Dougie and the fact that he is a version of Cooper.

SamVimes

Could anyone post one of the summaries from an episode that was already aired? I want to get a feel of how detailed these things are so I know how much I should avoid Twin Peaks discussions in the future. I don't really mind spoilers, but you can only have a "virgin" view once.

Could anyone post one of the summaries from an episode that was already aired? I want to get a feel of how detailed these things are so I know how much I should avoid Twin Peaks discussions in the future. I don't really mind spoilers, but you can only have a "virgin" view once.

Yeah. Seconding this. Share one from an episode already aired. I'm interested in what we're dealing with here.

That's not even the worst possibility. What's worse is people spoiling the show under the false guise of "speculation".

I've been avoiding Game of Thrones "speculation" for this reason. People with personality deficiencies would definitely spoil shit just to be able to go back and say "ZOMG I can't believe I was right herpderp"

Great episode, it's like someone told Lynch "Get to the fucking point already!".

Shows to me what an ideal, focused Season 3 would have been like. Fewer episodes and more of the good stuff (the town of Twin Peaks, the music and old characters with significant scenes).
I have loved S3 but agree with all of the above. This recent episode had a "time to get the ball moving"-type vibe, from start to finish.

While I can't imagine S3 without extended scenes of spray painting shovels and Dougie eating sandwiches (seriously), I hope this type of momentum continues to the end.

And I'm hoping for at least a mention of Sam Stanley (unless I already missed it).

Look up the ones on IMDb. They are pretty much in exactly the same format and level of detail as the one summary leak I saw.

The one for Part 14 is kind of wonky. But yeah I'd definitely not have wanted to know this before watching it:

Gordon remember an important moment from his past. Andy, Bobby, Hawk and Truman go to the forest. James hear a story about a glove on his birthday. An unknown facet of Sarah is revealed.

That said, I'd still have been able to enjoy this episode. But not even knowing who is in each episode is part of the enjoyment for me!

Blader

The one for Part 14 is kind of wonky. But yeah I'd definitely not have wanted to know this before watching it:

That said, I'd still have been able to enjoy this episode. But not even knowing who is in each episode is part of the enjoyment for me!

That sounds like a Game of Thrones synopsis. "Tyrion makes a decision. Jon assumes a new task. Dany ponders her role."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom