• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the finale was two hours, didn't realise it was two episodes. Makes sense though.

17 days left of Twin Peaks and 10 days left of Game of Thrones, I really don't know what I will watch after that :(

Well, I heard it will be 17 and 18 on the final night. Not 18 being 2 hours. Sorta like the first night was 1 and 2.

It will be hard once this is all over. It has been a crazy ride.

I am sure there will still be a lot left to discuss :)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Really glad I subscribed to Showtime for this. Watching the episodes as they air has given me time to properly digest them and give them some thought, as opposed to just watching episodes back to back.

Camwi

Finally got a chance to watch the episode last night, and it was fucking fantastic. Loved the trip to the woods and finding the creepy lady, loved the fact that it was Andy who got sucked into that world, and now the dunce of the group is the one with (some) answers. Everything was just fantastic.

One question though which has probably already been answered, but I didn't go too far back in the thread. Didn't we see someone else take their face off like Laura's mom did? I can't remember who it was and what happened.

Finally got a chance to watch the episode last night, and it was fucking fantastic. Loved the trip to the woods and finding the creepy lady, loved the fact that it was Andy who got sucked into that world, and now the dunce of the group is the one with (some) answers. Everything was just fantastic.

One question though which has probably already been answered, but I didn't go too far back in the thread. Didn't we see someone else take their face off like Laura's mom did? I can't remember who it was and what happened.

Laura Palmer, but it contained white light.

Jb

Really glad I subscribed to Showtime for this. Watching the episodes as they air has given me time to properly digest them and give them some thought, as opposed to just watching episodes back to back.

Even if I could binge watch S3 I don't think I would. I find most of the episodes to be fairly draining the same way of most of lynch's feature films are.

Well, I heard it will be 17 and 18 on the final night. Not 18 being 2 hours. Sorta like the first night was 1 and 2.

It will be hard once this is all over. It has been a crazy ride.

I am sure there will still be a lot left to discuss :)

And we have at least one new book to look forwards to later this year.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Even if I could binge watch S3 I don't think I would. I find most of the episodes to be fairly draining the same way of most of lynch's feature films are.
I have coworkers who are waiting for it to end so they can Bing it while using a Showtime trial. Most of them have not watched any of Lynch's films, just the original series.

As the only person in the office watching it weekly, I just continue to smile and wish them the best of luck. They really have no idea what they're in for, aside from the one who took my advice and watched Mulholland Drive (followed by almost all of his other movies as well).

I have coworkers who are waiting for it to end so they can Bing it while using a Showtime trial. Most of them have not watched any of Lynch's films, just the original series.

As the only person in the office watching it weekly, I just continue to smile and wish them the best of luck. They really have no idea what they're in for, aside from the one who took my advice and watched Mulholland Drive (followed by almost all of his other movies as well).

Yeah... I mean that kind of sucks for people to freeload like that, but whatever. It's fine.

But why miss up on the opportunity to watch this an episode at a time, spoiler free, with hundreds of thousands of other people? Yes I think it'll benefit from bingeing, but you power through it in a couple of days and move on.

This way, I have received months of enjoyment out of the anticipation, surprise, and then reactions and theories each new part has brought with it.

I will need to find something else to fill the gap in my life the show ending is going to leave, espescially given how much I've needed to lean on it with everything else going on in the world. I will, I don't doubt, and I'll be fine, but it's something I've not needed to really worry about for three months.

There's this great joy to anticipate every week. Literally something new and now that is as good a TV show as I've seen. I'm sure I'll have an emotional response just from the 'loss' (as I did over Football 17776 ending to be honest).

But man, what a ride we're on right now. I'll never regret having watched it this way, and allowing the show to be a part of my life in a way I just missed out on when the show originally aired.

But man, what a ride we're on right now. I'll never regret having watched it this way, and allowing the show to be a part of my life in a way I just missed out on when the show originally aired.

Agreed. I'm so glad I got to enjoy this as it airs (well.. due to my timezone a few hours after it airs) each week, especially as I was 9 or 10 the first time around and only got to catch cursory glimpses when my parents were watching it (I remember seeing the Red Room and being completely captivated).

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Yeah... I mean that kind of sucks for people to freeload like that, but whatever. It's fine.

But why miss up on the opportunity to watch this an episode at a time, spoiler free, with hundreds of thousands of other people? Yes I think it'll benefit from bingeing, but you power through it in a couple of days and move on.

This way, I have received months of enjoyment out of the anticipation, surprise, and then reactions and theories each new part has brought with it.

I will need to find something else to fill the gap in my life the show ending is going to leave, espescially given how much I've needed to lean on it with everything else going on in the world. I will, I don't doubt, and I'll be fine, but it's something I've not needed to really worry about for three months.

There's this great joy to anticipate every week. Literally something new and now that is as good a TV show as I've seen. I'm sure I'll have an emotional response just from the 'loss' (as I did over Football 17776 ending to be honest).

Yeah, it sucks but expected that a lot of people will just use a trial for it. I dont mind paying some money to Showtime for giving us such an amazing show. I look forward to picking up a physical copy once it out as well.

PolishQ

I'm interested to see what Showtime does to keep all of the people who subscribed solely for Twin Peaks. Whether it's another season, a new series from Lynch, or something from another creator in the same vein. I'm certainly not sticking around for long if one of these doesn't happen.

Zach

Yeah.

But also: can't wait to buy the show on blu-ray and revisit everything that-a way.

Huh? 12 was a tad slow but 13 was one of my favorite episodes in the entire Revival. Brilliant direction by Lynch, the arm wrestling scene alone had me on the edge of my chair.

Not to mention 14 wouldn't have been as good as it was without those 2 parts. They set up so many great things that 14 delivered on. Sometimes you want to load the bases up before you hit a home run.

Blugrass

This season has been such a unique ride, gonna be sad when its done...What shall i doooo. Just started rewatching Fire Walk With Me, didn't really like it at first, but digging it on this rewatch. Question: So wtf is the blue rose? What is Bob currently up to?

awcarew

Not to mention 14 wouldn't have been as good as it was without those 2 parts. They set up so many great things that 14 delivered on. Sometimes you want to load the bases up before you hit a home run.

Exactly, I appreciate 12 with it's sort of self-awareness of characters wanting to "get a move on" with things. I know there were lots of complaints with the initial Audrey scene but after seeing how all things have evolved across 12-15, I really love the episode.

Yeah.

But also: can't wait to buy the show on blu-ray and revisit everything that-a way.

Agreed. I'll be keeping my subscription until I own it though, because I'm going to want to revisit this in the interim. So I guess Showtime have until then to convince me to keep subscribing.

Everything else they're showing right now doesn't appeal to me at all.

Agreed. I'm so glad I got to enjoy this as it airs (well.. due to my timezone a few hours after it airs) each week, especially as I was 9 or 10 the first time around and only got to catch cursory glimpses when my parents were watching it (I remember seeing the Red Room and being completely captivated).
That's very close to my first experiences with the show.

Twin Peaks: The Return |OT2| THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN
Twin Peaks: The Return |OT2| You're Nice and Wet
Twin Peaks: The Return |OT2| Hello Johnny, How Are You Today?

Zach

Twin Peaks: The Return |OT2| You're Nice and Wet

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom