• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymcc

Banned
Not sure if this has been covered off as I'm struggling to keep up with the discussion.

is there any reason why the supposed good coop has lost his fbi pin when he returns to the world outside of the lodge? It's quite prevalent when he's in the lodge.

Did he have his shoes in the lodge?

What is the difference between the natures of BOB and Leland's vs. BOB and Coop's relationships? Coop and Doppelganger Coop are clearly different agents, whereas BOB seemed to come and go from Leland's body. Is the possession of Leland different somehow different from Coop being trapped in the lodge? They're both BOB in the mirror, in any case! I am very curious to know if anyone has thought about this.

Great show great execution on all episodes outside of some minor gripes. Starting to feel like Oceans Eleven with all the cameo's.

Some really funny parts so I'm glad it's retaining a good balance between that lynchian horror and comedy

All the dialogues are well nailed, this show is a show I don't use my phone whilst watching like A LOT of other shows. It commands one's attention nor does it underestimate the audience' intelligence. Plus the mysteries are there but unlike a lot of other shit TV in terms of mystery (lost etc) I think this is going to have plausible and thought out answers.

Slaythe

What is the difference between the natures of BOB and Leland's vs. BOB and Coop's relationships? Coop and Doppelganger Coop are clearly different agents, whereas BOB seemed to come and go from Leland's body. Is the possession of Leland different somehow different from Coop being trapped in the lodge? They're both BOB in the mirror, in any case! I am very curious to know if anyone has thought about this.

BOB represents a gateway to the lodge.

He is connected to it, and therefore all the beings that are from it (the doppelgangers), but he is his own thing.

At the end of season 2, what you see isn't "Bob being Cooper", it's Evil Cooper and Bob both there.

He can posses random people (that seem to have vice), and leave their body, he can control what they remember of his actions.

The doppelgangers flat out replace the person permanently. But Bob can probably still hop in whenever he wants.

The cameo in episode 4 killed my TP boner. Fucking loathe this guy.

Which one ? D or M ?

The box seems very SCP Foundation-esque.

Hey am I crazy or is one of the younger twin peaks officers the same actor as the guy watching the box?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If the wait for episode five for 2 weeks for those who saw all four episodes is bad, just imagine how it's going to be the one week the show takes a break in between the one episode a week sessions (which is in all probability going to be July 2nd.)

The thread will be a fun time then I imagine.

Kayhan

On to episode 3. This is addicting.

This is one show I wish all episodes would drop at once so I could just binge watch the whole thing.

PolishQ

If the wait for episode five for 2 weeks for those who saw all four episodes is bad, just imagine how it's going to be the one week the show takes a break in between the one episode a week sessions (which is in all probability going to be July 2nd.)

Perfect time to rewatch the season from the beginning!

Proc

I'm so confused as to why TMN on demand (in Canada) had all 4 episodes for me to watch but I'll take it!

I loved it.

I'm confused when I'll get to see episode 5 but it will give me enough time to watch the old seasons...

"She's dead...wrapped in plastic."

Dusk Golem

I'm so confused as to why TMN on demand (in Canada) had all 4 episodes for me to watch but I'll take it!

I loved it.

I'm confused when I'll get to see episode 5 but it will give me enough time to watch the old seasons...

"She's dead...wrapped in plastic."
Episode 5 airs on June 4th, next week they're airing 3 & 4 together and then go to one episode a week format (though skipping one week) until the finale, where 17 & 18 will air together.

But Showtime decided on many services to release 1-4 on demand for them.

Flipyap

Hey guys, did Part 5 air y--

vwyvDhR.gif

THE THREAD WILL BE TORN, MISTER GOLEM. THE THREAD WILL BE TORN.

The girlfriend and I watched all 4 episodes.

Fucking. Amazing.

This has indicated to me that I truly need to watch David Lynch's other movies. Because all I've seen are Fire Walk With Me (which took a few viewings for me to truly appreciate) and Dune (which I barely remember).

Need to get on that Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, etc. shiz like NOW.

Dusk Golem

Also, going to talk about the first 8 part episode descriptions for a second here (with talk of 1-4 spoilers) and ask a question.

As several expected, they're quotes from the episode that have some importance to what happens in the episode.

For a reminder, here was the episode descriptions of Parts 1 - 4:

Part 1: My log has a message for you.
Part 2: The stars turn and a time presents itself.
Part 3: Call for help.
Part 4: …brings back some memories.

So all four of these are lines said in the episode and now their importance is known. Part 1 the log lady delivers it (which was obvious), and the message is important to getting Hawk started into looking into how to help Cooper with his heritage in Twin Peaks. Part 2 was even more cryptic from the Log Lady, but in the episode Cooper literally falls through the stars (and time it seems) and it fits the surrealness this episode goes into. For Part 3 the "Call for help!" is the line Cooper repeats several times, and is also relevant since the episode shows us, really Cooper needs help. "...brings back some memories." is said by Bobby about the Laura Palmer picture, but also episode 4 is the episode that may bring memories of the original series to most those who watch it.

So with this said, here's parts 5-8s descriptions:

Part 5: Case files.
Part 6: Don’t die.
Part 7: There’s a body all right.
Part 8: Gotta light?

They're all going to be quotes said in the episode as proven, and all of them probably have a deeper meaning to the episodes themselves as has been demonstrated by the first four already.

So I want to ask what you guys think the 'hints' are for these eight parts now knowing what 1-4 meant and the content of them?

He says a few things to remember, some names and two numbers, 430, kill two birds.
But the number 253 is in the room before the scene happens and the number changes to 3, right I remember where 253 comes from it's on the clock device. I did misrember a bit but it did pop up right before the transition and Dopple coop is noted as watching the clock when it happens and after he crahses (but is not sucked in) the camera focuses on the clock going from 2:53 to 2:54.
Episode two spoilers
253 is mentioned by The Arm's new form "253 Time and Time again" before it shows up in episode 3

I think the only thing I'm actively disliking is Andy and Lucy.

Anyone else feel like they're being written as incredibly dumb? It's so awkward and cringeworthy 99% of the time (e.g., Lucy not understanding cellphones). It's just not working for me, at all. I don't think it's complete character assassination, but it's getting there.

Same here. It was charming back in the original series, now it's just excruciating.

Dusk Golem

The girlfriend and I watched all 4 episodes.

Fucking. Amazing.

This has indicated to me that I truly need to watch David Lynch's other movies. Because all I've seen are Fire Walk With Me (which took a few viewings for me to truly appreciate) and Dune (which I barely remember).

Need to get on that Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, etc. shiz like NOW.
There's a very high chance if you've liked what you've seen so far, that you'll enjoy Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, Eraserhead, Wild At Heart, and dependingly, Inland Empire. For anyone who's liked the four episodes and haven't seen these, I'd recommend it.

Dusk Golem

Episode two spoilers
253 is mentioned by The Arm's new form "253 Time and Time again" before it shows up in episode 3
THAT'S where it was from.
I only have seen the episodes through once (plan to rewatch them before and as 3 & 4 air live next week), and I knew my head was juggling to remember 430 and 253, but I had forgotten where 253 came from, just I had made a mental note to remember it a bit before it actually appeared on the watch.

THAT'S where it was from.
I only have seen the episodes through once (plan to rewatch them beofre and as 3 & 4 air live next week), and I knew my head was juggling to remem er 430 and 253, but I had forgotten where 253 came from, just I had made a mental note to remember it a bit before it actually appear.
I'm totally on the same page. I jotted down some of the numbers, but without context, so I'm going back and rewatching while taking more detailed notes on numbers, and who mentions them. Probably overkill, but could be helpful down the line maybe.

Levito

Banned
So forgive me if I'm just confused but is there a particular reason
Sheriff Truman is played by a different actor? Just recasting for w/e reason?

To be fair, I don't think many would want to fuck with that security guard.

I wonder if he'll ever appear again or of his disappearance is going to remain as mysterious as that one in FWWM.

I doubt he'll come back, but it caught me off guard when I was watching.

hydruxo

He's his brother. They mention on the show that Harry is sick.

Michael Ontkean retired from acting and didn't come back for the revival.

Levito

Banned
He's his brother. They mention on the show that Harry is sick.

Michael Ontkean retired from acting and didn't come back for the revival.

I noticed
Lucy mentioned there was two of them, but I was confused because he was wearing the hat. I guess Harry's was a black hat though.
Thanks

Dusk Golem

He's a different character. He's Truman's brother, Frank Truman.
To add to this, the reason is because the original actor for Truman is retired and didn't show up in this season for whatever reason, so the original Truman is hospitalized during this series and his brother, Frank, jas taken over (probably because they didn't want to recast the original).

So I caved, and watched 3 & 4.

God damnit. This show is going to be centered around a trope I absolutely hate, isn't it?

3 & 4 spoilers:
I fucking hate the amnesiac/no idea of social norms characters.
It's lazy, tacky, and a cheap way to make people feel uncomfortable and/or play to laughs.
Every time good Cooper was on screen I begged for it to end. This side line better wrap up quickly because I don't want 14 more episodes of this.

Dusk Golem

So I caved, and watched 3 & 4.

God damnit. This show is going to be centered around a trope I absolutely hate, isn't it?

3 & 4 spoilers:
I fucking hate the amnesiac/no idea of social norms characters.
It's lazy, tacky, and a cheap way to make people feel uncomfortable and/or play to laughs.
Every time good Cooper was on screen I begged for it to end. This side line better wrap up quickly because I don't want 14 more episodes of this.

I fully believe the whole season isn't about Cooper refinding himself, but it has a grester importance to demonstrate something which may be relevant to something else going on in the show (I have a theory of sorts). However, I think Cooper is well on his way to becoming more like himself.

I fully believe the whole season isn't about Cooper refinding himself, but it has a grester importance to demonstrate something which may be relevant to something else going on in the show (I have a theory of sorts). However, I think Cooper is well on his way to becoming more like himself.

Let's hope you're right
he seemed to almost form a coherent thought after drinking coffee. He hadn't heard "Hi" before, but "Hello"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom