• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

Prurient

Banned
I also will say I'm incredibly happy with how Carl has been handled this season. When the cast list was revealed, seeing Carl return was one of the odder roles I was excited to see return and was hoping he'd be more developed and likable, and truly he has been handled well in this season and I'm glad he returned.

After watching Fire Walk With Me again I'm 99% certain Carl has traveled to some of the other worlds we have seen. In the scene in the Teresa's trailer the woman with a blackened face appears, who could be a Woodsman, and Carl doesn't move again until she seemingly travels away via the electricity pole. His line of 'I've already been places... I just want to stay here' is very telling.

I subscribe through Amazon. Thankfully, they put the episodes up as soon as the broadcast starts. I'll be losing most of my day to Rabbids.

I think I'm going told on going through the series again before I do a full TP re-watch next year. By that time, I'll also have read Secret History and Final Dossier. It'll be nice.
Me too. You can watch live through the app. Go to channels, Showtime, scroll alllll the way to the right and you'll see it.

After watching Fire Walk With Me again I'm 99% certain Carl has traveled to some of the other worlds we have seen. In the scene in the Teresa's trailer the woman with a blackened face appears, who could be a Woodsman, and Carl doesn't move again until she seemingly travels away via the electricity pole. His line of 'I've already been places... I just want to stay here' is very telling.
The secret history confirms this, if we take it as gospel. Which I guess we should, contradictions and all.

I've already binged through Narcos this weekend (very good btw), so don't have the energy (or time) for a full season marathon.

Watching 15 & 16 now, then will be tuning in live later for the end.

liquidtmd

Banned
Let's party like it's 1991

iNfhVYo.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Very much so, and others cemented it a bit after this post. Another big telling moment is he see's the boy who's run over soul leave the body and go away, which no one else there seems to be able to see.

I'm curious if this will play ANY role in the finale stuff or just a footnote of where his character is now, though. Given it was with a scene with him only where Linda has been mentioned, and if we trust what The Giant/Fireman says in Part 1 (and I agree with the theory that Part 1's intro scene with The Fireman takes place when Dougie is in the coma before waking up into Coop), then Linda (and Richard) have some role to play. And if she does, I could see Carl appearing at least one more time.

Joqu

I won't be able to watch this live tonight, but I'll be there with you guys inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?

also yes give me that 4k uhd release please

Dusk Golem

I'll be on the official release when it comes out. Twin Peaks is cemented as my favorite television show of all time, I already own the original series DVDs and Blu-Ray, and I've loved the new season.

hughesta

Banned
THIS IS THE WATER. AND THIS IS THE WELL. DRINK FULL, AND DESCEND.
THE HORSE IS THE WHITE OF THE EYES, AND DARK WITHIN.

Dusk Golem

Remember when the mother burst out of the glass box and tore those guys heads off?

The Mother is one of the more fascinating entities of the season for me, she's only appeared twice in the season so far but she utterly fascinates me/creeps me out.

I'm also wondering if she's going to be resolved in the finale, despite leaving quite an impression and seemingly super important to the narrative due to Part 8, she's been little involved with the going ons outside of near the very beginning.

Zoe

I noticed there are normal episode summaries on the TV guide up until this episode. Everything here and after is just those quotes.

Rien

Jelly Belly

Well he was together with Margareth as one of the three children who have dissappeared in the woods acc the Secret History.

I committed to watch It Comes at Night (and some other movie) with a friend tonight so I will have to hopefully not go crazy knowing the finale is available as I'm watching something else. Note to self: don't go on the Internet.

I committed to watch It Comes at Night (and some other movie) with a friend tonight so I will have to hopefully not go crazy knowing the finale is available as I'm watching something else. Note to self: don't go on the Internet.
Cancel. A good friend would understand.

I don't, but knowing Cooper's in there trying to get out makes the TP scene work really well.

who doesn't love Rocky 4 and Independence Day?

Europeans

Mariolee

Is this at regular time tonight? I was hoping it'd be an hour early due to it being a two parter or something. I can't wait!

Top Bottom