• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

Joqu

That's a plus and a minus. It must be great not having to wait so long, but the emotional weight of waiting that long has been amazing as well.

Not that all the new characters haven't been worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with the old ones. Why hi there Candie.

Yeah, definitely. And I for one am pretty much not used to not having any brand new Twin Peaks goodness in my life so that's no good!

Sabrina Sutherland and Jen Lynch both have given my wife and I marathoning the series today a like on social media. Makes it feel all the more worthwhile.

hughesta

Banned
WHAT
ARE
YOU
DOING????

watching showtime live through Hulu has these facebook/twitter prompts in the top right corner of the screen that don't go away and it's the absolute fucking worst

Nibel

Episode 11 is an incredible episode.

sMuu46i.gif

This moment has such a magic

Levito

Banned
sMuu46i.gif

This moment has such a magic

The piano notes are in line with the "And I'll see you" lyrics of Sycamore Trees from the season two finale and I get the biggest goosebumps.

DOUGIE WAS NOT BAD HE WAS GOOD AND I WILL MISS HIM TOO

hughesta

Banned
Bushnell Muellens might be my favorite new character. He's just so lovable. I will not soon forget his kindness and decency.

Levito

Banned
I think an underrated moment in this season was when the Mitchum Brothers took Dougie out to the middle of the desert, and he turns out the item in Dougie's box was a Cherry Pie.

Like when they opened the box I was like "OF COURSE OMG".

Divius

Earlier a video was posted with a bunch of unanswered questions from this season in order to prepare for the finale, does anyone have the link? Also is there some sort of proper video recap of the season so far?

It's a testament to Lynch and Frost's writing and artistry that they dedicated so much time of a 25-year-later revival to brand new characters like the Mitchum Brothers and Candie and made us love them just as much as any of the old guard.

I'm going to miss this show so much.

It's a testament to Lynch and Frost's writing and artistry that they dedicated so much time of a 25-year-later revival to brand new characters like the Mitchum Brothers and Candie and made us love them just as much as any of the old guard.

Yeah. A lot of people were annoyed at the time being spent on people we didn't already know early on, but I was always open minded to the new characters. Either way, people have seemingly open up to them however they felt early on.

Mariolee

I love the Mitchum brothers but let's not pretend like a ton of people didn't hate them in that one episode that was pretty much focused just on them.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
hold on there's a piece of cherry pie in that Part 17 thumbnail

fan service episode confirmed

liquidtmd

Banned

I'd go one further, the Mitchum Brothers and Candie gelled with me a hell of a lot more than the scenes with Andy and Lucy this season.

I'll need to do a full rewatch but now the chips are coming to land, I'd say with how Lynch seemed to want to play this season - Andy, Lucy and Benjamin Horne I could have easily done without since he didn't seem to be overly precious about nostalgia. The former two were bad and all three seemed without purpose

Jerry in the woods is still fine though! Hawk was good, Bobby fine, Truman great. I'd go far as to say remove Andy entirely and have had Bobby get sent to the other place to meet the Fireman a few EPs back - maybe even do what they did with Bowie and get Briggs' represented somehow so they could have a final chat.

I love the Mitchum brothers but let's not pretend like a ton of people didn't hate them in that one episode that was pretty much focused just on them.

I honestly don't think I've ever cared less what "a ton of people" thought than I do right now. This tendency to weaponize the opinions of others in some campaign to impugn the opinions of actual posters in the place of actual arguments is just so tiring.

"I like this thing. I like it because of this, and that, and oh I loved this bit."
"Well do you know how many people hated it?"

Who cares about "a ton of people" who CBA to actually take part in this conversation. Let em drift.

I'll have it known I was on the Super Mitchum Bros bandwagon before any of you Johnny Come Latelys. I liked em before it was cool. They've been great the whole time.

*adjusts fedora, smoke puffs up from pipe*

Best and cheapest way to watch all of season 3?

I have fuboTV which doesnt have an option for Showtime I think, altough I think SlingTV does?

Does Showtime have their own streaming service?

Top Bottom