• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

hughesta

Banned
Cole just staring at Diane while she smokes is hilarious
lmao I just noticed the way his eyes dart back and forth between Diane and the cigarette

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Unfortunately another person who was born in 1991, so I couldn't have seen the original series when it aired. I actually was almost exactly one month after the Season 2 finale (July 11th).

I only got into Twin Peaks finally in 2010 after hearing about it several times and a number of things I really liked in 2009/2010 had cited Twin Peaks as a big inspiration (Deadly Premonition, Alan Wake, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories). Watched it, loved it, got into Lynch's other works, the rest is history. Later than some y'all of course, but it is what it is.

Unfortunately another person who was born in 1991, so I couldn't have seen the original series when it aired. I actually was almost exactly one month after the Season 2 finale (July 11th).

I only got into Twin Peaks finally in 2010 after hearing about it several times and a number of things I really liked in 2009/2010 had cited Twin Peaks as a big inspiration (Deadly Premonition, Alan Wake, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories). Watched it, loved it, got into Lynch's other works, the rest is history. Later than some y'all of course, but it is what it is.
Hey, it's not a competition. I hope everyone who would enjoy the show as much as us finds it someday. And a fan is a fan even if they started watching yesterday.

And we are halfway ladies and gentlemen. Unsurprisingly this is a great way to watch the show.

I don't want to lose, myself...

I was born in '79, and 10 or 11 years old when it aired. I remember when it started ("Who killed Laura Palmer?" was an escapable question on mainstream daytime TV at the time) but wasn't allowed to watch it. I did, however, watch some scenes out of context, usually involving the red room (and pretty sure that included the finale). Never forgotten.

I didn't actually go back and watch it properly until I had my first Netflix trial back in 2009 or 10. Hooked ever since.

Just seven hours people. I guess I'll read my book and play a bit of this Mario Rabbids game to kill some time.

THERE THEY ARE ALBERT. FACES OF STONE.

traveler

Not Wario
I've just been watching it on demand. Where is showtime at?

I just started episode 10 and Richard is talking to Miriam now.

Joqu

I don't really remember when I first got into Twin Peaks, but if I were to guess it would've been in about 2012. I don't exactly remember why I got into it either, but it's the kind of series you'd hear about once in a while on the internet, y'know? I certainly wasn't a Lynch fan at the time, and my mom never mentioned she was a fan until I brought it up myself.

And I would've probably avoided it if I had known it contained horror elements, I'm a big scaredy-cat! Though I'm gonna have to get into some of that stuff now the series will be over, especially Silent Hill is more appealing than ever to me now.

Anyway, I've been really really spoiled. The Entire Mystery blu-ray released not all that long after I became a fan, and rumours of a revival were around too. No long wait after the cliffhanger for me.

I don't really remember when I first got into Twin Peaks, but if I were to guess it would've been in about 2012. I don't exactly remember why I got into it either, but it's the kind of series you'd hear about once in a while on the internet, y'know? I certainly wasn't a Lynch fan at the time, and my mom never mentioned she was a fan until I brought it up myself.

And I would've probably avoided it if I had known it contained horror elements, I'm a big scaredy-cat! Though I'm gonna have to get into some of that stuff now the series will be over, especially Silent Hill is more appealing than ever to me now.

Anyway, I've been really really spoiled. The Entire Mystery blu-ray released not all that long after I became a fan, and rumours of a revival were around too. No long wait after the cliffhanger for me.
That's a plus and a minus. It must be great not having to wait so long, but the emotional weight of waiting that long has been amazing as well.

Not that all the new characters haven't been worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with the old ones. Why hi there Candie.

Same here. I was watching Giant Bomb play Deadly Premonition and they kept talking about Twin Peaks and got me curious.

ActWan

Oh my god. I have just realised that tomorrow we'll get the 2 last episodes together...I wasn't ready. I thought I have another week.
Goddamnit, my favorite TV show was back for another season, and it ended way too fast. :(
Tears will be shed tomorrow...

Oh my god. I have just realised that tomorrow we'll get the 2 last episodes together...I wasn't ready. I thought I have another week.
Goddamnit, my favorite TV show was back for another season, and it ended way too fast. :(
Tears will be shed tomorrow...
18 hour long episodes has been a scrooge mcduck sized vault of goodness.

Jokab

"The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within"

Is this referring to the Sarah Palmer's white horse in some way? Sarah's eyes are white (as any human) but inside she is darkness. Sarah's says they are coming, is she referring to the woodsmen?

PolishQ

"The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within"

Is this referring to the Sarah Palmer's white horse in some way? Sarah's eyes are white (as any human) but inside she is darkness. Doesn't say anything really but is that a connection?

Definitely, IMO. And you hear the horse whinny at the end of the episode.

Dusk Golem

There is zero chance I won't at least get a little emotional with the finale in six and a half hours.

I do hope it's not the last major work Lynch does, but as that possibility certainly exists for me it wouldn't be a bad note to end on.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I have few doubts that the finale will be great no matter what, but to be entirely honest, after these three seasons plus the movie there isn't much Lynch & Frost can do that will ruin anything up to this moment for me, even if the finale unexpectedly turned out to be a crime against humanity the likes of which is pretty hard to expect after 16 episodes of Lynch on top of his game. So I don't care much about how it turns out, I feel really, really satisfied. That said, I'm obviously very interested on seeing what will happen. Even more so intellectually speaking. One of Lynch's anxieties seems to be the battle between good and evil and how the latter always seems to have the winning hand by virtue of its intrinsic power and deviousness. Season two's finale seemed to confirm this. Pretty much everything leading up to that point did too. So far there hasn't been much the good guys in the show could feel happy or proud about, really. So after 25 years it should be interesting to see Lynch's moral theses taken to their... sweet? bitter? end. I'm personally intrigued on seeing how it will all turn out.
I feel you on this. Quite satisfied already with what we've got and I can't wait to see what Lynch and Frost got cooking for this doubleheader finale! My body & doppelganger are beyond ready.

Not feeling Mario & Rabbids at all. As both an XCom and Mario fan I'm surprised by this realisation.

Back to reading about Peaks on the internet in anticipation of tonight's festivities it is then.

kevin1025

Banned
Do you guys think we'll get to see who/what Linda is?

Also, never noticed this. Are the Lodge scenes at different times? Cooper has a pin on in some scenes, not in others. Could the pin scenes be far in the past, or potentially the end of the series shown ahead of time?

I'm probably 16 weeks late on this, haha, but a rewatch got me thinking.

traveler

Not Wario
^
It's pretty heavily speculated that some of the scenes take place after/during the finale timeframe.

Still standing by my Charlie in the box prediction :p

PolishQ

Do you guys think we'll get to see who/what Linda is?

Also, never noticed this. Are the Lodge scenes at different times? Cooper has a pin on in some scenes, not in others. Could the pin scenes be far in the past, or potentially the end of the series shown ahead of time?

I'm probably 16 weeks late on this, haha, but a rewatch got me thinking.

Cooper's meeting with the Fireman either happened right before he awoke from the coma, or hasn't happened yet. It might be what happens on 10/2 at 2:53.

liquidtmd

Banned
I hope it is clear when any scenes we are shown out of order fit in by the end of the day.

I'm expecting nothing to be made clear.

I'm expecting Lynch and Frost to pour muddy oil over everything, torch it then go laughing into the night.

As long as I get some decent Cooper in action... action, I'll be golden

kevin1025

Banned
^
It's pretty heavily speculated that some of the scenes take place after/during the finale timeframe.

Still standing by my Charlie in the box prediction :p

Cooper's meeting with the Fireman either happened right before he awoke from the coma, or hasn't happened yet. It might be what happens on 10/2 at 2:53.

Good stuff. I never even realized any of it the first time, but I thought I'd rewatch the first four hours (especially the first three) before the two hours tonight.

I hope it is clear when any scenes we are shown out of order fit in by the end of the day.

I think the pieces will be there to know when scenes happen, but it may take a little bit of digging to line it all up.

I'm expecting Lynch and Frost to pour muddy oil over everything, torch it then go laughing into the night.

What if we get another "Where's Annie?" type ending? Haha, oh man.

Dusk Golem

This honestly is what I'm expecting. Like... I can't think of an ending in anything Lynch's made where my first thought upon completing it is, "Yeah, with that ending I now understand everything!" If anything, his endings usually raise even more questions.

However, one thing I also appreciate about his works is there's a lot you can pick up on you missed the first time with knowing where it's going and later information, the endings aren't just weird to be weird but in their own weird way, they make sense with the greater piece of the work.

Linkin112

I feel like it'd kinda suck if we get scenes that have already happened in this finale. Takes time out of the 2 hours to reshow things we already saw before

Showtime's unrelenting efforts to get me to watch Ray Donovan, including editing an advert for it to look as lynchian as possible, have come up short. Sorry Showtime.

Top Bottom