• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

Another amazing finale to an amazing series of TV. If you haven't watched the 60s Prisoner you all need to.

Ah, that wasn't the last episode title, but you're exactly right.

I saw the final episode of The Prisoner ages after I saw Twin Peaks' series finale and there's so many parallels. A proper little masterpiece. And, like the Peaks finale, it could not give less of a shit about answering your questions. There's a carefully-built pace and energy to it that really reminded me of the early calm of those Red Room scenes in S2E22, eventually giving way to the sheer, hysterical madness of it all. I'd hardly seen anything like it. You just give into it out of necessity.

It was relentlessly mocked at the time, but everyone knew they'd just watched something extraordinary. You can just feel it. *sigh* I love that show.

BTA

Bought some coffee gelato and some cherry pie.

People said Hulu's the best stream to go with? I used Showtime directly last week (the first time I saw it live) and it was fine, but if Hulu's better I'll just go with that - I'm fine with paying $10-$15 or whatever it is for a better quality tonight. It won't have ads or anything like that shoved in, right?

kevin1025

Banned
Anyone Canadians on here using CraveTV to watch? Has it been a hot mess like it used to be, or is it fairly good (in a Firefox browser)?

Bought some coffee gelato and some cherry pie.

People said Hulu's the best stream to go with? I used Showtime directly last week (the first time I saw it live) and it was fine, but if Hulu's better I'll just go with that - I'm fine with paying $10-$15 or whatever it is for a better quality tonight. It won't have ads or anything like that shoved in, right?
Amazon, apparently. That's what we've been watching most of the day. We switched over from Showtime Anytime and it definitely beats that.

Levito

Banned
I did want to thank you all, Twin Peaks-GAF for sharing the experience of this season. None of my IRL friends watch the show, so I didn't have an outlet for all the excitement. So it was nice to be able to share excitement or theories with other fans that love the show just as much as I did.

liquidtmd

Banned
Ah, that wasn't the last episode title, but you're exactly right.

I saw the final episode of The Prisoner ages after I saw Twin Peaks' series finale and there's so many parallels. A proper little masterpiece. And, like the Peaks finale, it could not give less of a shit about answering your questions. There's a carefully-built pace and energy to it that really reminded me of the early calm of those Red Room scenes in S2E22, eventually giving way to the sheer, hysterical madness of it all. I'd hardly seen anything like it. You just give into it out of necessity.

It was relentlessly mocked at the time, but everyone knew they'd just watched something extraordinary. You can just feel it. *sigh* I love that show.

McGoohan had to go into hiding for several weeks post finale and got a LOT of angry fan mail as I recall following that ending.

Strange, as in doing what he did with it as opposed to something conventional (fist fighting with a Number 1 type, killing him, escaping), he cemented it's status as a classic

gun_haver

Tim Roth's American accent has come a long way since Reservoir Dogs.

yeah he's done well. i loved hutch and chantal. in a more conventional show they could easily have been great recurring hitmen called in by various nogoodniks, but their role in this season gave us pretty much all of that and they went out in a great scene.

I did want to thank you all, Twin Peaks-GAF for sharing the experience of this season. None of my IRL friends watch the show, so I didn't have an outlet for all the excitement. So it was nice to be able to share excitement or theories with other fans that love the show just as much as I did.

4R7neFrk.jpeg

hydruxo

I love that transition when Hawk puts his head down and it fades into the forest. Beautiful and haunting at the same time.

Joqu

Okay, I lied, I'm still lurking the thread out of excitement.
I really need to leave soon though, I just have to watch the finale with my mom tomorrow so I can't get myself spoiled here.

<3

Yep, I've truly loved discussing this experience with you guys. This season has been an experience I'll never forget, and Twin Peaks-GAF has been a big part of it. I'll always cherish these memories. I really will.

While im lucky to have a bunch of friends irl into the show you lot have been great.

And when I say lucky, I mean either people I met at the Twin Peaks Fest that are local or people I indoctrinated. It's easy to indoctrinate people into loving something when its this good though of course.

rgoulart

You might be waiting a long long time if ever. Only a handful of showtime shows are on Netflix.

It's not worth spending what 10, for one month subscription? Lol

I live in Brazil, every episode of this season goes live on Netflix here a few hours after the broadcast.

McGoohan had to go into hiding for several weeks post finale and got a LOT of angry fan mail as I recall following that ending.

Strange, as in doing what he did with it as opposed to something conventional (fist fighting with a Number 1 type, killing him, escaping), he cemented it's status as a classic

Yup. Literally attacked in the streets for it. I think Lynch's betting the viewership's low enough to be able to go for a walk tomorrow morning.

Shiv47

My wife really wanted to see U2 when they announced a date here, so I was all "okay," and we got tickets far enough back that it didn't occur to me the concert would be the same night as the season finale. Going to fire it up soon as I get home though.

My wife really wanted to see U2 when they announced a date here, so I was all "okay," and we got tickets far enough back that it didn't occur to me the concert would be the same night as the season finale. Going to fire it up soon as I get home though.
Have they found what they were looking for yet?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there really no way to disable the automatic audio equalization on Showtime's streaming site? The entire phone call from Margaret to Hawk was completely ruined by the sound mix jarringly getting louder when nobody was speaking and then softening whenever someone spoke. I really don't want to have the last two episodes marred by this.

Is there really no way to disable the automatic audio equalization on Showtime's streaming site? The entire phone call from Margaret to Hawk was completely ruined by the sound mix jarringly getting louder when nobody was speaking and then softening whenever someone spoke. I really don't want to have the last two episodes marred by this.
Happens on Amazon too so I think it's baked in.

Is there really no way to disable the automatic audio equalization on Showtime's streaming site? The entire phone call from Margaret to Hawk was completely ruined by the sound mix jarringly getting louder when nobody was speaking and then softening whenever someone spoke.

I'm actually kind of enjoying it, it brings out the sound design.

Scrawnton

So CLOSE! I spent most of the day rewatching episodes 6-16. I am so ready for this. I hope I don't feel to emotionally wrecked on the other side.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I have to say this is me. Every time I mention Twin Peaks to someone they're reaction is "what's that".

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Happens on Amazon too so I think it's baked in.

I 'previewed' some footage from amazon to check and make sure I wasn't misremembering before I posted. It's not there.

I'm actually kind of enjoying it, it brings out the sound design.

It's super inconsistent and jarring. If the sound mix was like that at all times? That would be one thing. It absolutely kills the atmosphere otherwise because I've heard the scene before and it did not sound like that. Sound is very important to me and I never, ever normalize audio. Ever.

I 'previewed' some footage from amazon to check and make sure I wasn't misremembering before I posted. It's not there.

It's super inconsistent and jarring. If the sound mix was like that at all times? That would be one thing. It absolutely kills the atmosphere otherwise because I've heard the scene before and it did not sound like that. Sound is very important to me and I never, ever normalize audio. Ever.
Maybe I'm getting confused from when we had the Showtime stream on. I will pay attention to episode 16s audio mix.

hughesta

Banned
damn you're a champ Plagiarize. Been a real privilege watching and posting with you, all of you. One more hour, my friends.

Top Bottom