• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

SkyOdin

Encountered a Ralts, and A ran away. Ecountered a Lotad, and we one-shot it with Scratch. All of these cool Pokemon slipping through our fingers...

Birch?

Is that why he sent us to meet Brendan in the hopes we would be captured?

Nope, May as always been Birch's daughter and Brendan Norman's

So let's see, Norman just happens to have been moved in for a few moths ahead of his wife and child, maybe even multiple years

And Birch just happens to have his best friend's wife move in to the town HE lives in, not the one Norman does

I'm not buying it

Holy cow.
i_don_t_want_to_set_the_world_on_fire___today_by_jack_kaiser-d7b4ose.png

http://jack-kaiser.deviantart.com/art/I-Don-t-Want-to-Set-the-World-On-Fire-Today-441957758

Toxi

Banned
It's sad how the chat's skills took a nosedive.

So let's see, Norman just happens to have been moved in for a few moths ahead of his wife and child, maybe even multiple years

And Birch just happens to have his best friend's wife move in to the town HE lives in, not the one Norman does

I'm not buying it
Norman is the protagonist's dad. We gotta kill him.

Birch is the rival's.

It's sad how the chat's skills took a nosedive.

Norman is the protagonist's dad. We gotta kill him.

Birch is the rival's.

It sespecially apparent from our relatively skilleed Crystal chat group.

And no, for me, Norman is Brendan's, and May is Birch's. Have it stuck in my head, must be Pokemon Adventures

I'm not buying it

Norman has to be A's dad, we're trying to kill our own father.

and no one reads the manga, the only other neutral source(anime) has May as his daughter.

Norman has to be A's dad, we're trying to kill our own father.

and no one reads the manga, the only other neutral source(anime) has May as his daughter.

So we're off to kill Birch? I guess this is stuck in me because of constantly choosing Brendan in gen 3.

Seriously, I suspect some sort of trading between Birch and Norman / whatever our Mom's names are happened and A just wants revenge on he fake father who lied to her

More like he knows our true nature and is trying to train someone who can take stop us.

Why do you think he ran off in the first place?

Bullshit, why'd he choose Wally then. He could've made our rival actually competent in the headstart Mr.T had.

Btw, that Wally surprise at the end of Victory Road is just so cool.
It's like

"Almost there, t the end, won't heal better to just get to PokeCenter quickly"
"Oh CRAP a battle!!!"
"Oh it's just Wally, hah, wth, this will be easy"
"WHY THE FUCK DOES HE HAVE A GOOD TEAM. AND DON'T TELL ME HE JUST WIPED ME OUT. SERIOUSLY, I LOST TO THE WIMP. HE'S A WIMP. A WIMP. THE WIMP. WHY DOES HE HAVE A GOOD TEAM."

Toxi

Banned
Tate and Liza are gonna be hell.
  • They're already considered a more difficult fight in-game.
  • Over-leveling one Pokemon and ignoring the rest makes it effectively 1 vs 2.
  • We have a chance of accidentally attacking our own Pokemon, wasting turns and taking more damage.
  • Because this is a double battle, they have two hyper potions instead of just one.
  • Zexy will be a Fighting type, meaning we'll take two super-effective hits each turn if we use our starter.
  • Solrock and Lunatone are resistant to Normal and Fire while the others are resistant to Fighting, making Zexy even worse against them.

That's why, Norman saw potential in the kid, more than the false hero Brendan who gave up half way.
Looking at his team though, a remake would help a ton. Altaria gets better moves to DD sweep with, he gets a Roserade, Magneton and Flash Cannon, etc.

Oh, and possibly MEga Gardevoir

EDIT:
  • We have a chance of accidentally attacking our own Pokemon, wasting turns and taking more damage.
  • Because this is a double battle, they have two hyper potions instead of just one.
  • Zexy will be a Fighting type, meaning we'll take two super-effective hits each turn if we use our starter.
  • Solrock and Lunatone are resistant to Normal, Fire, and Fighting, making Zexy even worse against them.
  • Every time we lose, we have to I through this.
    7thgym.png

Always had a really easy time with them. For me, Brawly was always the tough fight that I lost, and Flannery the tough fight that I persevered through and won.

But yeah, for this, they're the hardest

Hope we do trick master
EDIT2: Sorry for double post

Keyouta

• Solrock and Lunatone are resistant to Normal and Fire while the others are resistant to Fighting, making Zexy even worse against them.
  • Every time we lose, we have to go through this.
    7thgym.png
That's the RS layout for the gym, not Emerald's.

Top Bottom