• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Uhhhhhhh...
wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-o.gif

TPP has its own timeline, and the fact that you guys haven't figured that out is weird.

We retconned stuff from Red/Crystal (why was Red on Mt.Silver for example), and we can retcon Gen 3 to be after 1 and 2

I wonder when they'll turn democracy back on, and which system they'll use. We'll obviously need it for a few bits - the ice gym floor in particular comes to mind.

Toxi

Banned
Listening to "It has to be this way" from Metal Gear Rising makes the fights kinda surreal.
I wonder when they'll turn democracy back on, and which system they'll use. We'll obviously need it for a few bits - the ice gym floor in particular comes to mind.
Other place I could see being trouble is the Undersee Cavern with its Strength puzzle, though it's still not that bad.

_hekk05

Banned
Listening to "It has to be this way" from Metal Gear Rising makes the fights kinda surreal.

Other place I could see being trouble is the Undersee Cavern with its Strength puzzle, though it's still not that bad.

Watch wild pokemon battles and listen to rules of nature on repeat.

Also YAY female trainer! Now about that ralts ... (and feebas --> milotic, but I have even less hope for that one)

Toxi

Banned
Watch wild pokemon battles and listen to rules of nature on repeat.

Also YAY female trainer! Now about that ralts ... (and feebas --> milotic, but I have even less hope for that one)
Now listening to Stains of Time.

God, this soundtrack is lovely.
I feel like this gen could reach first gen popularity.
It won't. But we're having fun, and that's what counts.

Nah, but I think the break might do something good for our popularity, and there definitely won't be a drop off, as the big reason for that last time was the "can they do it" factor (which those who stayed don't care for" and the fact that lore wasn't developing quickly enough. This time, it seems to be doing so, and what's even more awesome is that it's not happening through released pokemon and the pc, which later half of Red and Crysta relied on. I mean, it was cool, but the soft resets and serial killer A lore has been the most organic come-out-of-nowhere sort of thing since Lord Helix originally being because we selected the helix fossil over and over

Listening to Terra's Theme right now

Kensuke

Why are we constantly going back to the woods? Why not challenge the gym? I know A is insane and all, but this has been going on for hours.

_hekk05

Banned

Only if we get gardevoir.

Lore is more spontaneous this time around than crystal though. Gen 3 also has a more involved storyline against the antagonistic teams (magma and aqua). More compulsory questing, less reliance on 1 or 2 main pokemon etc.

Most puzzles are compulsory and will make people rage though

I know someone mentioned it right away, but I'm surprised A isn't being called Anarchy.

edit- i meant Anarchy as ins anarchy/democracy, but Annarchy's cool too

Annarchy.png

Toxi

Banned
I finally found what IIIIIIIII WAS LOOOOKING FOR! A STRANGER I REMAAAAAAIN!
Why are we constantly going back to the woods? Why not challenge the gym? I know A is insane and all, but this has been going on for hours.
...the next gym is through the woods. We can't challenge the Petalburg Gym until we get three badges.

We need to go through route 104 and the woods to Rustboro.

_hekk05

Banned
...the next gym is through the woods. We can't challenge the Petalburg Gym until we get three badges.

Yea. Gen 3 also introduces roundabouts, making progression less straight forward. First time players will be pretty confused for a while

Found this on reddit

So we are Agent Camila Slasher, codename "A", against secret agent Brendan Milton, codename "T"?

Also, Mr.T is the best example of a protag. who resisted the voices and has now become our rival. Didn't really want to be a girl. Shame the experience left him a weak rival, unable to ever fully recuperate as he has no voices to guide him to Championship but they infeted his mind with the obsession, leading to a string of hating himself and being dissatisfied with himself.

My take on it at least
Still want Brendan damn it

Look at this beast
brendansprites.png

todd360

Boy what you didn't missed.

Our protagonist is A, a mentally unstable lady with a mysterious past. We got 5 trainers dead before we got to her (we accidentally soft reset the game a couple of times)

There's a couple of theories of how they die, some say she had multiple personality disorder, some say she kill them all, some she was the last survivor. We don't know, but we now she is not right in the head.

Her starter Sexy, is the possibly the bastard child of Pidgeot and Flareon, it's said to bring balance to the world but A is so mentally unbalanced that we had white out like 6 times.

TPP lore never gets boring. Might actually watch some of this stream. Crystal streams lore just wasn't nearly as entertaining as red lore.

Toxi

Banned
There is no way in hell we're evolving at level 16.

Roxanne is gonna be fucking impossible without Double Kick. Lol Rock Tomb.

There is no way in hell we're evolving at level 16.

Roxanne is gonna be fucking impossible without Double Kick. Lol Rock Tomb.

Don't worry. Odds are Torchic will be twice her level by the time we reach her.

I also remember Wattson being a massive pain to defeat.

Nearly caught a Slakoth, and the ball shook 3 times.

Man, having a zexy Torchic can be nice, but sometimes you just want to get away. Sleep and be lazy instead of doing anything else.

We totally could've gone for a 7 deadly sins theme had we caught slakoth

Don't worry. Odds are Torchic will be twice her level by the time we reach her.

I also remember Wattson being a massive pain to defeat.

I remember first through I dreaded having to face an electric gym leader with my water starter(mudkip)

Then the thing goes and evolves into half ground type and trolls the fuck out of Wattson.

Kinokou

I just woke up, saw us take the aqua guy, getting a great ball and failing to catch a lvl 5 Slakoth. I thought I was seeing my seven deadly sins dream coming true, but oh the disappointment!

Razzer

All of the gyms are pretty tough in Hoenn. Wattson, Flannery and Norman all have very powerful attacks and after that they have big balanced teams. Tate and Liza will also provide a unique challenge for the chat.

Toxi

Banned
All of the gyms are pretty tough in Hoenn. Wattson, Flannery and Norman all have very powerful attacks and after that they have big balanced teams. Tate and Liza will also provide a unique challenge for the chat.
The champion too. We will learn to never laugh at Wallace again.

Lol and here we go with the stopped evolutions.

So what is next after Emerald?

I don't know much about DS emulation, but I assume that Gen 4/5 is out of the question right?

Gen 4 and 5 are doable via emulation. I don't remember anything that really needs the touch screen from gen 4, except poffin making and Poketch stuff, so that should be fine. Not sure about Gen 5 though.

Top Bottom