• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Reyne

then one half of the audience is stupid.
Can't reddit do something about it? Make a clear goal and than do it.

Just chillax and enjoy the ride. Sooner or later one side wins out.

What I like about this run so far is that its just like the early stages of the Gen 1 run where we had no democracy to fall back on. We got stuck a lot then too, but we eventually made progress, which was sweet when it finally happened.

Crayolan

I don't get it. I really don't understand what is going on right now. There is something wrong, really wrong going on -_-

People don't know what to do. Someone needs to make a plan and spam it in chat to set people on a coordinated path. It's like when we spent half a day in Saffron City just wandering around doing nothing; half the people wanted to fight Giovanni and half the people wanted to teach Surf.

Now half the people want to grind, a quarter want to buy pokeballs, and a quarter want to fight Roxanne. Also we have Torchic in a slot higher than Poochyena making him almost impossible to train.

Edit: Also remember, it took us like 9 days to get 4 badges in Red without democracy. Don't expect things to go quickly like in Crystal where we democracy'd our way through everything.

incredible

wake up for no reason at five in the morning to some real hype capture shenanigans

decide to bring my phone into work today to watch TPP

and absolutely nothing is happening at all

Man, who would think Rustboro, with nothing particularly insane for us to do, would be such a huge roadblock. We even have the option for a Shrooomish, Wingull, or Marill

Reyne

Man, who would think Rustboro, with nothing particularly insane for us to do, would be such a huge roadblock. We even have the option for a Shrooomish, Wingull, or Marill

True, but then catching a specific Pokemon isn't all that easy either. But yeah, weak team ( and grinding was never our strong suit ) and type disadvantage with our starter against the first gym sure turned out to be as bad a roadblock as any ledge.

Unlucky

Some late Gen II lore

what_actually_happened_on_mount_silver_by_hurrdralisk-d7b83zm.png
By Hurrdralisk on Deviantart
Inspired by this art posted by circlejourney on Reddit

Did we have this kind of trouble against Brock?

Anyone know who on Gaf is still following TPP/is a regular and has also been following it for the longest?

I was here at the 1st ledge, although I only really got into it at the Rock Tunnel exit

EDIT: WE GOT SO CLOSE TO FINISHING THE EVOLUTION

if we grind torchic until lvl 25 and spam a he might learn fire spin and it would be on top position, but that wouldn't help either wouldn't it?

One more catch and we need the pc for Shedinja

Lol,we nearly named our 2nd Poochyena T. Think MR.T us trying to channel his spirit into him and and failed

DAMNITT 3rd Poochyena.

Oh well, welcome to the party ATA. Maybe you'll become so good you'll be better than LAzrGAtr, they won't even get past ATA, let alone ATTAAA

RedShift

So I get back and we have another Poochyena. I look away for a second and now we have yet another.

3. We have 3 Poochyena.

Oh god, now we've caught a Marill. You know where this is going... Full team and a water type in the box.

Crayolan

I come back and see 2 more Poochyena in the party and that we just caught a Marill. Looks like it's time for our first PC trip!

So I get back and we have another Poochyena. I look away for a second and now we have yet another.

3. We have 3 Poochyena.

Oh god, now we've caught a Marill. You know where this is going... Full team and a water type in the box.

We might be in time for the moth anniversary of Bloody Sunday for another Bloody Sunday

RedShift

I think there's less danger of releasing in Gen III than in Red.

All the mass killings came from selecting Release PkMn, which you can't do in Emerald IIRC. We'll probably still release plenty, but we won't have the same situation where we release an entire box at once like when we caught Zapdos.

Top Bottom