• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Crayolan

4 rollouts built up. We get to magneton. It uses sonicboom. AND THEN FUCKING PARALYSIS KICKS IN GODDAMNIT! Next time..next time. T_T

4 rollouts built up. We get to magneton. It uses sonicboom. AND THEN FUCKING PARALYSIS KICKS IN GODDAMNIT! Next time..next time. T_T

We are relying on blind luck, maybe we should get Ninjask. Shedinja and Ninjask can't be released because they have HMs on their moveslots I think. We would only risk releasing Marril.

Unlucky

If we go back to Dewford, we can get a Geodude. That's the only Ground-type available prior to Wattson, other than Nincada or the Mudkip line. We could also try going for a Makuhita in the same place, the only Fighting-type prior to Wattson, other than the Torchic line (sob). There are no Fire types, again other than the Torchic line (sob sob). Sans Geodude or Makuhita, there's not much we can do other than grind'n'hope.
If we get a Geodude, we'll never be able to evolve it to Golem (evolve by trade). I'd be in favor of getting a Numel or Trapinch (ground types), and/or Cacnea (cool and a grass type would add diversity). Alll of which will be easily encountered on routes 111 & 112.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If we get a Geodude, we'll never be able to evolve it to Golem (evolve by trade). I'd be in favor of getting a Numel or Trapinch (ground types), and/or Cacnea (cool and a grass type would add diversity). Alll of which will be easily encountered on routes 111 & 112.

...which we can't access yet. The reason we're talking about getting a Geodude is so that we can progress past Wattson.

Unlucky

...which we can't access yet. The reason we're talking about getting a Geodude is so that we can progress past Wattson.
We've been very close to getting the Dynamo Badge several times. Going back to Dewford is more trouble than it's worth imo.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We've been very close to getting the Dynamo Badge several times. Going back to Dewford is more trouble than it's worth imo.

We've been stuck at this point almost 3 days now. This is surpassing the Great Celadon Escapade and the First Cut Incident in terms of length as the greatest obstacle ever to face TPP. Somehow, getting a Geodude and/or a Makuhita doesn't really seem that problematic.

No no, we move one. There's a lot of great pokes in this game, we just happen to suck ass and haven't being able to beat this piece of shit.

-Horizon-

tumblr_n2zjfazDL11rlyw3io1_500.png
The irony that I'm reminded of that scene from the Digimon movie lol

Crayolan

No way. They probably need about 3 more levels.

KU85MM1.png

I hate you so much. SO FUCKING CLOSE!

Edit: The worst part is we would have done it if we hadn't missed on our first round of rollouts, since we wouldn't have been killed by magneton's first attack. Why does the RNG hate us?

-Horizon-

I kind of miss that Pokemon centers and poke marts are no longer separate buildings from each other. That poke mart music will be missed.

Kensuke

At this point the whole situation is just hilarious. Really enjoying the highlights (nincada evolves!) and the drama (you know what).

Mr. Patch

There was an evil within Nincada. She waited for the opportunity to present itself, long before his arrival she already whisper his name onto us (you need Shedinja). It wasn't until a hardened veteran got a called from Brendan that A was coming to his town, that he decided to end his retirement. No in my town he said, He came back from one last fight.

Watson would never let us advance, we knew our only option was to push Torchic to the dark arts of fire, he refused leaving it on the darkness confess of his soul (the 4 slot), A, We forced him to had his fire as priority but he said not, getting rid of it at the first sign of a new bird move. He didn't wanted to live up to his parents, he just wanted to be Sexy. That's went she stroked, materializing itself from the carcass of Dottie Shedinja came, she promised us to defeat Watson,she promised us to tank the Champion itself, but what she wanted in return was a price that was too high , yet we in our desperation made the sacrifice.

So when Dottie evolved, she split into a good half and and evil half? :O

Oh God, what have we done?

GimMick

We are relying on blind luck, maybe we should get Ninjask. Shedinja and Ninjask can't be released because they have HMs on their moveslots I think. We would only risk releasing Marril.
Unfortunately for those Pokés, Surf and Dive are the only HMs that apply to this special rule. Anyway, I think we had enough PC for today, I'd rather be grinding M4 a little bit.

KU85MM1.png

I hate you so much. SO FUCKING CLOSE!

Edit: The worst part is we would have done it if we hadn't missed on our first round of rollouts, since we wouldn't have been killed by magneton's first attack. Why does the RNG hate us?
I'm surprised the "Don't forget you're here forever" meme still hasn't shown up. This is our biggest obstacle in the history of TPP and the trolling is strong in this one.

Snake

I hope it is now clear that it was a mistake to pick torchic instead of treecko.

First law of TPP: fire starters get released.

Marjar

Banned
HAHAHA TORCHIC WAS RELEASED

YES

This is officially way better than the Crystal run.

See, this is what made Red so great. The complete randomness and twists that can happen that would never occur if democracy was still there. Democracy made Crystal a complete bore.

Top Bottom