• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Found this on reddit:
n0rplje.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplays..._releasing_our_two_fire_starters_i_feel_like/

Lazor Gator: The Croc who Lived
You're a lizard, Harry.
Helix Who Must Not Be Named
HELIX FOSSIL WAS A HORCRUX THE WHOLE TIME

Heh. Wonder what's going to happen to the starter at Random Fire Red.

Axass

Great fanart and lore, it's a shame Emerald is getting worse numbers than Crystal, which was a snoozefest in comparison.

Great fanart and lore, it's a shame Emerald is getting worse numbers than Crystal, which was a snoozefest in comparison.

Some people don't realize you are just watching a bunch of randoms playing a game that you could be playing yourself. Seriously, the fact that they have over 10.000 people watching is insane.

RiggyRob

As much as I didn't want Zexy to be released, I am feeling that this run is much better entertainment-wise and fanart-wise than Crystal was.

The Fullmetal Alchemist comic is glorious.

Axass

Some people don't realize you are just watching a bunch of randoms playing a game that you could be playing yourself. Seriously, the fact that they have over 10.000 people watching is insane.

Sure, but my point stands that Emerald deserves better numbers than Crystal.

Love the Shedinja/Zexy stuff.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Too many people talking down Crystal. Sure, Crystal had a really slow start and the over-use of democracy meant it took a much longer time for a clearer story to emerge, but I maintain that the ending was absolutely fantastic and legitimized the whole struggle. The showdown of the titans between Bird Jesus and General Lazor was perhaps my favourite fight in all of TPP. Emerald's great and is off to a much better start than both Red and Crystal (imo), but it's early days; don't force it.

Too many people talking down Crystal. Sure, Crystal had a really slow start and the over-use of democracy meant it took a much longer time for a clearer story to emerge, but I maintain that the ending was absolutely fantastic and legitimized the whole struggle. The showdown of the titans between Bird Jesus and General Lazor was perhaps my favourite fight in all of TPP. Emerald's great and is off to a much better start than both Red and Crystal (imo), but it's early days; don't force it.
I totally agree. Crystal was actually my favorite because we actually managed to make a very good team and managed to keep our starter the whole game despite all the b spammers and the constant cries for him to be released.

I find this Emerald run so boring cause they are even more uncoordinated than the Red and Crystal run.

But the chaos is what makes it fun to me. Yes, we get stuck everywhere and take a long ass time to do anything, but when we manage to do it (.TT evolution) is so much gratifying.

DaBoss

The Red run had lots of chaos, but it was ultimately more coordinated than this Emerald run. The Crystal run was like a speedrun lol, but it was nice seeing it as it was contrasting to the Red run. This Emerald run is a much worse version of the Red run.

There's chaos and then there's chaos. Emerald is taking even longer than Red did for comparable obstacles at this point.
The sad part is that they're still mostly underleveled for where they are in the game despite all the extra time. If they release or deposit marrill, they're going to be in really bad shape.

RedShift

The main problem in Emerald is how long it takes to use the PC.

In Red within an hour or so you'd have either got what you wanted or released your Pokemon. In Emerald, sure, maybe you're less likely to release things, but it takes half a day to withdraw anything as well.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Emerald has more annoying puzzles and the gym leaders are arguably more difficult.

Yeah, I don't think it's that Twitch got worse, I think it's that Emerald is just much more difficult. Compare Emerald's third gym: Lv. 20 Voltorb, Lv. 22 Magneton, Lv. 20 Elektrike, Lv. 24 Manectrik to Red's third gym Lv. 21 Voltorb, Lv. 18 Pikachu, and Lv. 24 Raichu. Wattson is marginally higher-levelled and has more Pokemon, with an overall better roster type-wise, two fully evolved Pokemon and thus better stats, much better movepools, smarter AI, and more access to healing items. No wonder we're having problems.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I totally agree. Crystal was actually my favorite because we actually managed to make a very good team and managed to keep our starter the whole game despite all the b spammers and the constant cries for him to be released.
I'm still surprised how good the Crystal team was in the end. Most of the pokemon in it were decent to good.

In contrast, Red's team was clearly carried by Zapdos, Bird Jesus, and maybe Fonz.

I'm still surprised how good the Crystal team was in the end. Most of the pokemon in it were decent to good.

In contrast, Red's team was clearly carried by Zapdos, Bird Jesus, and maybe Fonz.
Solid Snake, Brian, Lazor, Katie, and... the Espeon that has no valid nickname were a great team that didn't even need a sixth member to win. At least the emerald tween finally has variety, though I have no idea how viable it is longterm.

Is shedninja any good? I never used him in my playthrough. Always stuck with ninjask.

He's good insofar that you arm yourself beforehand with knowledge of which trainers he can completely stonewall.

Otherwise he's going to keep getting knocked out 24/7

Also to people complaining about Emerald taking longer than before - I invite you to look up Bulbapedia and see the Gym Leaders' teams and the moves they have.

Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are as tough as Pokemon maingames get.

EDIT:

He's good insofar that you arm yourself beforehand with knowledge of which trainers he can completely stonewall.

Otherwise he's going to keep getting knocked out 24/7

Also to people complaining about Emerald taking longer than before - I invite you to look up Bulbapedia and see the Gym Leaders' teams and the moves they have.

Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are as tough as Pokemon maingames get.

EDIT:

I used a Shedinja on my Ruby playthrough. If only I had patience to bring him over.

Crayolan

We beat Wattson? Amazing, I knew we could do it. As far as I'm concerned, it's his fault we lost Torchic. Now where's the art of A brutally taking revenge on the fat laughing bastard?

RiggyRob

We beat Wattson? Amazing, I knew we could do it. As far as I'm concerned, it's his fault we lost Torchic. Now where's the art of A brutally taking revenge on the fat laughing bastard?

Considering we evolved Nincada to get Shedinja and then released Zexy, I think it works better as a sacrificial event (i.e. the thread title, Blood for the Blood God).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ZEXINJA ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Top Bottom