• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Muslim mothers attacked in Brooklyn, "Get the fuck out of America, bitches"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The act of the matter is that that is a pretty commonplace western name.

I grew up, Jalal Adullatif Hassan.

So people saying oh, irony makes it funny. It doesn't. Not to me, as someone who has grown up face to face with discrimination, racial profiling ect... BASED, not off the color of my skin but the name on my birthday certificate, on my IDs ect..

My name was changed as a child to circumvent that. As an adult I've reclaimed my name and my heritage as my own.i will be damned if I don't call people out for what I grew up experiencing.

So yeah sorry if I ruined your guys fun, but it isn't funny it is offensive.
Jalal Adullatif Hassan is a beautiful name. Emirjeta Xhelili is also a beautiful name. However it would especially behoove an individual with a name that most other Americans would find unusual and foreign to not be so bigoted towards minorities. No individual should take it upon themselves to tell any other American to leave the country, as this is a country of immigrants.

You say you're calling people out. So again, I ask you to specify what discrimination is taking place in my posts. A person with foreign heritage exemplified in their name has taken up a crusade against others for having foreign heritage and even targets a group of people who have been "American" since there was an "America."

You've taken posts in this thread personally, but I took the story itself personally. I can trace my family tree back to a plantation and I know the face of a great-great grandmother who was born a slave. The idea of someone with Albanian heritage attacking muslims or black people for not being American is extremely ironic to me. Why is it offensive to you for others to point this out?

Condom

If she's Albanian, then wouldn't this be a case of self-hating Muslim or something? Or does Albania have a christian minority?

This is what I was wondering, if she has any religious family back home then we finally got our conclusion of who really is the dumbest person in the world

The Kree

Banned
Because it only became irony after people go t called out. But sure whatever, I'm out before I say something that will get me banned.

The irony is implied with the statement - assuming you can identify irony in the first place.

Whatever chip on your shoulder you have about your name is entirely irrelevant to the point. This isn't about you, it's about two women who were attacked. And it's better to stay and argue - don't drop a bunch of nonsense and storm out the thread like a coward because you've got smoke coming out your ears and you'd rather have the last word than admit you're being irrational.

diamount

Banned
This is what I was wondering, if she has any religious family back home then we finally got our conclusion of who really is the dumbest person in the world

How do you come to that conclusion? Atheism exists in Islamic-majority countries.

andthebeatgoeson

Because it only became irony after people go t called out. But sure whatever, I'm out before I say something that will get me banned.

I'm not mocking her name. I'm making the point that she's laying claim to an idea of which Americans belong and adopting a stance of bigoted Americans that would disown her.

She supports Trump and there is no evidence that Trump supports her or wouldn't believe she to be Muslim. Ignorance knows no bounds. Many would look at her and could assume she was the Muslim woman attacked.

She lives Brooklyn, for Christ's sake.

I was also moving towards a gentrification point. But i decided against it.

My point was more ironic not mocking. But sure, see whatever you want.

I also have a Muslim name (also Indian, or west African) that can be mocked. What I've learned in my 38 years was appreciation of how unique my name is and how diverse this country is. This heffa took nothing from the idea of America and assaulted two women for being different.

I mean, that's fucking hilarious. In a sad way.

I don't care.

People have foreign names, and are American citizens, it is a part of their identity and heritage. Attacking someone and belittling them over that is mean-spirited, narrow-minded, and disrespectful.

It also just shows that you aren't above discriminating against someone based on a superfluous detail. Just like she wasn't above discriminating against people for being different.

But okay, haha it's funny her name is different.

She lost my respect when she attacked and threw racial slurs at those two women

So fuck her and fuck her name

RibMan

This is America — you shouldn’t be different from us

giphy_s.gif

You can't make this stuff up.

CrocoDuck

As someone who lives around the Bensohurst neighborhood, this is sad to hear. The part of Brooklyn where this incident took place is a safe workin class environment; a melting pot of sort with different groups of people living here. There used to be a large presense of Italians and Jews, but now there's a large population of Chinese, Latino and Muslim immigrants here. Further down towards Brighton there's a lot of Russians.

Again, it sucks to hear this kind of bigotry being shown. Sometimes I hear some of the Italians who have been here for many years show dissatisfaction that the neighborhoods changing. But that's just a part of the changing landscape. They want things to remain the way they were.

I hang around these neighborhoods a lot, and while these incidents and type of people are inescapable, I can attest that this part of Brooklyn, regardless of how it's changing, is a great place to live.

This is going to get worse and worse, isn't it?

I'm glad the victims and their babies aren't badly hurt, but the perpetrator should be locked up. She's a damn psycho

Gattsu25

Banned
This lady:
burqa10n-2-web.jpg

Attacked 2 Muslim women in Brooklyn, a city in America. With this name:

And this Facebook post:

With this name for a Facebook page:

Did she get lost moving to Brooklyn? Did she meet a stripper named Brooklyn and decided it must be a nice place to move? Did she get to Brooklyn and wonder where all these Muslims and Blacks came from?

I'm sorry to the Muslim people. This is too much.
Brooklyn is getting gentrified hardcore.

sirap

Someone in that Eid 9/11 thread said Muslims were overreacting and that nothing would happen.

I'm just glad the babies are safe.

The only immigrants who shouldn't be here are the ones like Xhelili. Those women were minding their business with their children.

vikki

What sort of multiplier are we looking at on the hate crime bonus? Like 1.2677 x punishment?

The irony is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom