• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Muslim mothers attacked in Brooklyn, "Get the fuck out of America, bitches"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Good lord, her name looks like the leftover pieces from a Scrabble game

And as fucked up as it is, I'm laughing at how they just grabbed her a half hour later at the same damn spot. Like you just fucking attacked someone, shouldn't you leave

Criminals are not often the sharpest tools in the shed.

The smart ones don't get caught, but they're the exception, not the rule.

Emirjeta Xhelili?

Yeah I bet she and her family are fucking red-blooded Americans, hahaha.

I thought America is a melting pot of people from all the various places on the planet, though? When people say they're American they could be any race or culture, right? I thought that was the case, I mean, I'm an outsider but still, this topic confuses me.

Her Facebook posts are ridiculous. It seems that's all she can talk about.

bv60IWH.jpg

Well she's not wrong about the oath part. Legislators have put in too many references to God over the years, which only gives fuel to bigots like her in thinking Christianity is the official/endorsed religion of the U.S. She probably thinks Jesus was there at the signing of the Constitution party.

I think also in her oh so eloquent, rational, non-violent way she was expressing that if you come to America, you should adopt the culture of America. Which in her mind is being Christian and beating people up who think differently. Pretty sure she's a Trump supporter.

Donos

I don't doubt for moment that there are hardcore racist but maybe she has mental problems. Attacking the toddlers? If they would have gotten injured badly, what can a sane person expect as consequence for such act?

TalonJH

I thought America is a melting pot of people from all the various places on the planet, though? When people say they're American they could be any race or culture, right? I thought that was the case, I mean, I'm an outsider but still, this topic confuses me.

It is. People are saying this to use her words against her.

Syriel

Well she's not wrong about the oath part. Legislators have put in too many references to God over the years, which only gives fuel to bigots like her in thinking Christianity is the official/endorsed religion of the U.S. She probably thinks Jesus was there at the signing of the Constitution party.

Actually, she is. Allah is not a proper name. It is the Arabic translation of the English word God.

Christians who speak Arabic will pray to Allah.

Allah = God

Language. How does it work?

Rymuth

Actually, she is. Allah is not a proper name. It is the Arabic translation of the English word God.

Allah = God

Sad how many times this requires repeating

PSqueak

Banned
cool mocking her name for being foreign I guess.

You gotta admit it's pretty damn hypocritical from her to commit a hate crime and display such amounts of xenophobia when her name indicates she, in the very least, comes from a family of immigrants. Not to mention, as far as we know, any given muslim woman could be as much american citizen as her.

So her family has a share of the pie now and she feels entitled to be a hateful bitch to others?

Is this not like calling out Ted Cruz for being so anti immigrant while being both cuban and canadian?

Allah = God

The legislators who put such language in did so with the explicit intent of referencing the Christian god. That "God" is not a generic "God"; it is specifically the Judeo-Christian God.

"In God We Trust" was only adopted as USA's official motto in 1956. "under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954. These were driven by Christian religious movements in the country. "God" in official contexts of the USA definitely do not reference the general idea of a god.

These references to "God" were added during a time in which this woman would probably rather live; where America was seen as white, and of European descent, and fundamentally a Christian nation.

wildfire

Banned
Sorry, doesn't excuse or justify it.

Also it isn't about making fun of her name, it is about making fun of someone for having g a foreign name. As if that even means anything.

Actually it does. If she tried socializing with certain groups of white people with that name she would quickly learn they would view her as a distinct exotic other instead of an American.

It's funny because she doesn't seem to realize this yet.

Which is again, Allah in Arabic.

If you want to be explicitly pedantic, sure, that's what the word means in a different language. But most Christians would not accept an argument that Islam's god is the same god as the one they worship. And that was my point, that the references to "God" in the USA's official motto and pledge of allegiance is code for Christian-only.

Aside from that, this woman would probably take exception to anyone speaking Arabic in the first place.

Which is again, Allah in Arabic.

Ok, I don't usually reply to something like this, but I feel like I have to make some correction here. Allah do not mean God in Arabic. Allah is in fact a proper noun. While رب (Rab) or إله (ilaha) is Arabic for God (there are more but this is the most common).

Tubobutts

If you want to be explicitly pedantic, sure, that's what the word means in a different language. But most Christians would not accept an argument that Islam's god is the same god as the one they worship. And that was my point, that the references to "God" in the USA's official motto and pledge of allegiance is code for Christian-only.

Aside from that, this woman would probably take exception to anyone speaking Arabic in the first place.
Most Christians are probably unaware that Jesus is a prophet in Islam but that doesn't mean he isn't.

Breads

Banned
Well she isn't a cop or a guy so she might actually get a punishment that sticks for this.

Fuck this hateful garbage all the same.

Ok, I don't usually reply to something like this, but I feel like I have to make some correction here. Allah do not mean God in Arabic. Allah is in fact a proper noun. While رب (Rab) or إله (ilaha) is Arabic for God (there are more but this is the most common).

Allah is still how Muslims and arab Christians refer to god. It might not be the exact word translation but they dont mean anything but God when they say it (as far as im aware) so i think the point stands.
I guess its easier to say than al-ilāh.

^He's right you know.

Is it? I wouldn't be surprised if somebody in her family has been hammering her with anti islam rhetoric for years if their family is Christian. Not sure what life is like as a Christian in Albania but they are in the minority there.

While it has a majority of Muslims, Albania is still one of the least religious countries in the world. It shouldnt be an issue. I have a friend from there, he tells me its kinda how in some european countries people are catholic even though they dont go to churches in decades.

S-Wind

So the perp is probably Albanian?

If she is then I am surprised by the ignorance of her bigotry and hatred, given that the majority of Albanians are Muslim.

It's horrifying that someone would attack another for something like this. I am glad that the victims are alright, and I hope the attacker gets the mental health attention she obviously needs.

There will probably be a spike in hate crimes like this as 9/11 approaches.

While she might not be born in America, believe it or not natural born Americans do have foreign names.

I myself do, and find you laughing at that as a bit disrespectful. I guess I should change my name to John, bill ect...

Edit:

Can the posters attacking her for her name not. Americans can have foreign names, I do and so do plenty others. It is short-sighted and just and disrespectful of you guys.

They're making fun of her for being hypocritical, you dunce.

Actually it does. If she tried socializing with certain groups of white people with that name she would quickly learn they would view her as a distinct exotic other instead of an American.

It's funny because she doesn't seem to realize this yet

Thank you Wilddire. I've read through this whole thread waiting for someone to say this. Let her come around my old neighborhood in PA, the "Americans" there would call her an immigrant regardless of if she was born in the US or not.

She is displaying some hardcore self hate.

I hope they get the full book thrown at them. These retards need to realize that this type of behaviour against others is what breeds terrorism

S-Wind

While she might not be born in America, believe it or not natural born Americans do have foreign names.

I myself do, and find you laughing at that as a bit disrespectful. I guess I should change my name to John, bill ect...

Edit:

Can the posters attacking her for her name not. Americans can have foreign names, I do and so do plenty others. It is short-sighted and just and disrespectful of you guys.

Speaking as a non-white Canadian with a very Asian first name and a very Asian last name, I think some of you are missing the point.

I don't think posters are attacking her solely for having a very non-Anglo-American name. They are attacking her hypocrisy of being violently Islamophobic and xenophobic when she herself has a very non-Anglo-American name - from a Muslim majority country, no less!

It's like when a rabidly homophobic Republican gets caught with another guys cock up his ass. He gets mercilessly mocked, and the mockery isn't coming from a place of homophobia, but from a disdain for hypocrisy.

Jumeira

Banned
Despicable, these actions are going to gwt you locked up, if anything it proves the perp is 'unamerican".

And that's your initial contribution, overlooking her torment of abuse of mother's and their 15 month old child?

Allah means God though, this idiot is fueled with so much hate, she's winding herself up.

With a name like Emirjeta Xhelili she should really carefully consider what racist hate comments she's throwing at people, because that name just begs for her getting treated the same from even worse people.

What a stupid cunt.

Blablurn

Man. People in the world should be better than is. No matter if USA, Germany or China. I wish racism would just go away

No, the fact she's an immigrant is vital to the joke because she should know better. How are you not getting this?

Plenty of immigrants come to America and understand that to fit into the "order of things" they need to adopt America's racial hierarchy. Gotta look your nose down at "those" people just like a good American would!

It's sad but happens all the time.

commedieu

Banned
I think the main take home is that this is a hate crime. Americans come in all shapes and backgrounds.

It's rare to see non straight up white americans using this rhetoric I must say. But that's where we are at now.

She'd likely get this same treatment in different states or neighborhoods. Which is what makes this all so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom