• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two New Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Maps Revealed (Features New PS3 Build Video)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
These went up a little bit ago, but they got buried in the BF3 beta thread. Thanks to Izayoi for finding them.

IGN put up developer walkthrough videos of two new multiplayer maps, one of which shows a much newer build of the PS3 version.

Operation Firestorm (64 Player Conquest, PC): http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/07/battlefield-3-operation-firestorm-developer-commentary

Grand Bazaar (Rush, PS3): http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/07/battlefield-3-grand-bazaar-developer-commentary

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1198929p1.html

So of the 9 maps that ship on the disc we know:

Operation Metro
Caspian Border
Grand Bazaar
Operation Firestorm

any others?

RibbedHero said:
So of the 9 maps that ship on the disc we know:

Operation Metro
Caspian Border
Grand Bazaar
Operation Firestorm

any others?

Beta client says: Bazaar, Highway, Forest (Caspian), Paris, Oilfields, Basejump, Subway (Op. Metro), Canals, Kharg, and
Omaha

Strike at Karkand pack = Wake, Sharqi, Oman and, of course, Karkand and one other. There's gonna be a bunch of BF2 weapons as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
HotHamWater said:
Beta client says: Bazaar, Highway, Forest (Caspian), Paris, Oilfields, Basejump, Subway (Op. Metro), Canals, Kharg, and
Omaha

Strike at Karkand pack = Wake, Sharqi, Oman and, of course, Karkand and one other. There's gonna be a bunch of BF2 weapons as well.
Bazaar is Bazaar and Project Firestorm is Oilfields.

Out of curiosity, why do you spoiler that last one?

I'm not criticizing you for it, I'm just curious.

HotHamWater said:
Omaha

Bazaar is obviously Grand Bazaar, and Oilfields is Firestorm, but what's up with Omaha? I thought it was only supposed to be 9? Could it be an unlock after x amount of kills type thing?

Nirolak said:
Bazaar is Bazaar and Project Firestorm is Oilfields.

Out of curiosity, why do you spoiler that last one?

I'm not criticizing you for it, I'm just curious.

Just as a bit of spice for BF fans. I'm really curious to see how they'll adapt it from 1942.

Also, as RibbedHero said they've said there'll only be 9 maps at launch, so I'm wondering if Omaha is a red herring or something we just weren't meant to see.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
HotHamWater said:
Just as a bit of spice for BF fans. I'm really curious to see how they'll adapt it from 1942.

Also, as RibbedHero said they've said there'll only be 9 maps at launch, so I'm wondering if Omaha is a red herring or something we just weren't meant to see.
DICE likes to have hidden maps that unlock later, so I'm guessing it's a scenario like this.

gillFTR

Relaxed Muscle said:
Um, no I saw several jets avoiding my missiles either just evading or with flares.

Edit: Ugh, DP, should have edited my previous one.

you have 7 stinger rockets with a reload of 6 seconds and the flare CD's are atleast about 15 seconds. Multiply that with the other engineers on the map. We have AA guns and AA tanks, lets leave it the way BF2 was and let the jets fight for air supremacy and whichever little time you get between shooting down the other jet for bombing. Not to menion IR flares take way longer to unlock the IGLA or Stinger.

Top Bottom