• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Dennis

Banned
pahamrick said:
I guess that'll be the same patch that activates DX10/11? Nice.

As for the blurring sand due to lack of AF, there's a way to enable AF but it removes the detail for the sand / ground and makes it just look flat instead of having the bumpy appearance.
What is the way to enable AF? Link?

I would probably be willing to trade paralax for AF.

DX10/11? wut? First I hear of this :lol

pahamrick

DennisK4 said:
What is the way to enable AF? Link?

I would probably be willing to trade paralax for AF.

DX10/11? wut? First I hear of this :lol

Yeah, supposedly the engine supports DX10/11 but is currently disabled due to some issues that have since been fixed and will be re-enabled in the first patch for the game.

As for disabling paralax here's the steps I saw

1) Create the directory Parameters inside your Two Worlds II directory
2) Create a text file with the line Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0, save it as autoexecgame2.con inside the Parameters directory.

Also, to disable HDR/Bloom add the line Engine.HDR 0 to the file.

Alternatively, you can just bring up the console and type the commands each time you start the game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
3 hours in. Lol, Dice game can be exploited back and forth. I've gained about 5000 from it, if I lose I just reload. Too easy :lol (hey I like to be OPed! =P)

Oh and
decided to kill the woman at the tower. Screw corruptness! =P!

Game can be pretty tough at times.

Dennis

Banned
IMPORTANT!

AF can be enabled by typing Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 in the ingame console and pressing enter. It works fine, however you lose paralaxing.

Note: I could not get the Parameter folder trick to work.

Credit to pahamrick for the tweak.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Meh how do I get out of the initial city. Since

I killed the woman and I don't have any pass or something I can't get past the gates. Wuuuut. What can I do.

Stuck :lol

chris-013

Relix said:

I killed the woman and I don't have any pass or something I can't get past the gates. Wuuuut. What can I do.

Go kill yourself in the cemetery. ;P

pahamrick

DennisK4 said:
IMPORTANT!

AF can be enabled by typing Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 in the ingame console and pressing enter. It works fine, however you lose paralaxing.

Note: I could not get the Parameter folder trick to work.

Credit to pahamrick for the tweak.

I can't take credit for it, I saw it on the Guru3D forums.
Here's the post

Also, after trying the folder trick didn't work for me either. However, using the above post as a guide I created a text file called settings.txt inside the Two Worlds II folder with all the settings I wanted (Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 and Engine.HDR 0)

Once in the game, just type @settings.txt in the console and it loads / changes whatever settings are specified inside the text file.

Dennis

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You can turn of the HUD completely for total immersion.

AF fixed, CrossFire fixed and HUD removal!

Game of the forever.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pseudo_Sam said:
So what kind of NPC interaction is there here? Can you kill whomever you like? Pickpocket? Steal?

You can kill people, not all of them though. It sems you can pickpocket and steal as ther e are skills for it. I haven't found the books yet though.

Relix said:

Dude there are a BUNCH of ways to get past that gate. Also, that isn't a city. Wait until you get to the first city.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
DennisK4 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You can turn of the HUD completely for total immersion.

AF fixed, CrossFire fixed and HUD removal!

Game of the forever.

Needs dat tessellation first.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_tetsuo_ said:
Dude there are a BUNCH of ways to get past that gate. Also, that isn't a city. Wait until you get to the first city.

Well fuck :lol Let's find the way then! =P

Dennis

Banned
pahamrick said:
I can't take credit for it, I saw it on the Guru3D forums.
Here's the post

Also, after trying the folder trick didn't work for me either. However, using the above post as a guide I created a text file called settings.txt inside the Two Worlds II folder with all the settings I wanted (Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 and Engine.HDR 0)

Once in the game, just type @settings.txt in the console and it loads / changes whatever settings are specified inside the text file.
What exactly should I type in the console

settings
or
settings.txt
or
@settings.txt

because it doesn't seem to work for me.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Can someone technical please explain why the textures in this game suffer so much compared to other games running without texture filtering? Usually not having AF just means that the ground goes blurry a few metres in front of you but in this game every single ground texture looks like it was ripped straight out of Mario 64 unless you're looking at it top down, no post 2000 game has such bad texturing. Could the reason that the game runs so well be that it uses some kind of cheap texture technology that completely destroys the ground textures?

Mr_Brit

Banned
DennisK4 said:

settings
or
settings.txt
or
@settings.txt

Could you make some before and after pics with 16xAF and the originals please?

_tetsuo_ said:
You can kill people, not all of them though. It sems you can pickpocket and steal as ther e are skills for it. I haven't found the books yet though.

Thievery book was in the first town, but like 13k and I didn't have enough gold for it :lol

pahamrick

DennisK4 said:

settings
or
settings.txt
or
@settings.txt

@settings.txt works for me.

I've got the file inside the main directory with TwoWorlds2.exe, and soon as I load into my save game I type @settings.txt into the console and it loads up the changes, and scrolls what was changed across the screen.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
cartoon_soldier said:
Thievery book was in the first town, but like 13k and I didn't have enough gold for it :lol

I learned my lesson buying stuff from vendors lol. I bought a Robin Hood hat for Ice T then found the same hat like 10 minutes later. NEVER AGAIN!

Danneee

Wow! This game runs so damn good on my laptop. At first it was choppy as hell but that was fixed by resetting me computer.
Amazing that it looks so good too, character animations are kind of bad. Especially lip motions. Just got the first set of armor and will definitely do an all nighter!

Dennis

Banned
pahamrick said:

I've got the file inside the main directory with TwoWorlds2.exe, and soon as I load into my save game I type @settings.txt into the console and it loads up the changes, and scrolls what was changed across the screen.
Now it works. I had to quit the game and relaunch.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Has anyone found a Summoning book in the beginning Savannah area? There's one for sale at the Mage Guild, but I don't have the 9600 to pay for it :(

DSN2K

so why isnt this on Steam ? I'd buy it right now if it was.

just realised it not "out" in the UK or US yet...how anoying.

Just a note for those that care about length. Apparently the game isn't very long. From the official forums:

"I finished chapter 4, which seems to be the end of the main quest. I played about 20 hours, including a fair amount of side quests."

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
piratepwnsninja said:
Just a note for those that care about length. Apparently the game isn't very long. From the official forums:

"I finished chapter 4, which seems to be the end of the main quest. I played about 20 hours, including a fair amount of side quests."

Really? I've played 7 hours and I'm still in chapter 1.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
piratepwnsninja said:

Yeah, and some guy on GAF claimed to have beaten Dragon Age in 5 hours, too. You can make up all kinds of stupid shit online. There is no way that's possible without cheats. The boss in chapter 1 requires at least a couple hours of exploration and looting to get the equipment and level to beat, and unless the last three chapters are around 15 minutes long, I call extreme levels of bullshit on this.

WanderingWind said:
Yeah, and some guy on GAF claimed to have beaten Dragon Age in 5 hours, too. You can make up all kinds of stupid shit online. There is no way that's possible without cheats. The boss in chapter 1 requires at least a couple hours of exploration and looting to get the equipment and level to beat, and unless the last three chapters are around 15 minutes long, I call extreme levels of bullshit on this.

Damn, that's good to hear. I was actually wondering about the length.

Dennis

Banned
piratepwnsninja said:

impossible

I have clocked 10 hours and have barely scratched the surface. I am still in chapter 1.

WanderingWind said:
Yeah, and some guy on GAF claimed to have beaten Dragon Age in 5 hours, too.
:lol I remember that.

It was Jwong, his name will live in infamy for his lies :lol

Normal:

2yjofm0.jpg

HDR and parallax off:

4jb8zd.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
pahamrick said:

Can't get this to work for me. Keeps saying cannot load file...

Hey, I was just going by what someone on there said and someone else also echoed the same. I'm thinking he didn't do as much side stuff or exploring as he claims though.

syllogism

piratepwnsninja said:

The first non-prologue island takes about 12-14 hours if you do almost everything and it's about one fifth or sixth of the whole landmass in the game. Most side quests are just typical fedex stuff though so I'm sure some people will ignore most of optional content.

actually, spoiler regarding game length, read the thread

apparently there's not much to do on the biggest island in the game

I just decided to restart the game on hard. At medium difficulty Level 17 the combat gets way too easy for me. I just cleared a dungeon with Necris and Giant Scorpions like they are nothing.

Good idea or do the enemies get much harder in the second zone?

Dennis

Banned
syllogism said:
The first non-prologue island takes about 13-14 hours if you do almost everything and it's about one fifth or sixth of the whole landmass in the game.
which adds to about 60-70 hours which is what the devs promised IIRC

So for a slow poke like me, its more like 90-100 hours

PolishQ

Can someone comment on the basic plot of the game, and give some information on the lore and background of the gameworld? Are there different races? Anything that makes the gameworld stand out as unique?

Dennis

Banned
WorriedCitizen said:
I just decided to restart the game on hard. At medium difficulty Level 17 the combat gets way too easy for me. I just cleared a dungeon with Necris and Giant Scorpions like they are nothing.

I play on Hard but still chapter 1. Crafting to boost the equipment certainly helps.

I don't know how hard boss fights will be on Hard yet.

DennisK4 said:
which adds to about 60-70 hours which is what the devs promised IIRC

So for a slow poke like me, its more like 90-100 hours

I read somewhere there is content for 200 hours if you explore everything.

syllogism

WorriedCitizen said:

I doubt the game is balanced at all later on, so even on hard it will probably get easy eventually. There may be a console command that allows changing difficult as restarting when you are already level 17 sounds silly. Don't think there's a list of console commands anywhere yet though.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
What the hell. You just create the settings.txt file in the two worlds folder, paste the lines in there, then load up your save and type @settings.txt, right? Not working at all.

Top Bottom