• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So I guess I missed some tutorial in the game on how melee combat works. Why does my guy still block with his weapon, even though he has a shield equipped? Why does blocking only work some of the time? I suspect the answer to these questions is "spend more skill points" but I thought I'd ask.

I'm deadly out in the open with my bow, but in dungeons and such I get my ass handed to me when I switch over to melee combat. Two or three hits and I'm dead, despite having 5 or so skill points in Physical Resistance, several in the health one, and like 12 points in strength. (level 9 currently)

Give me some melee pointers, please!

wwm0nkey

Diseased Yak said:
So I guess I missed some tutorial in the game on how melee combat works. Why does my guy still block with his weapon, even though he has a shield equipped? Why does blocking only work some of the time? I suspect the answer to these questions is "spend more skill points" but I thought I'd ask.

I'm deadly out in the open with my bow, but in dungeons and such I get my ass handed to me when I switch over to melee combat. Two or three hits and I'm dead, despite having 5 or so skill points in Physical Resistance, several in the health one, and like 12 points in strength. (level 9 currently)

Give me some melee pointers, please!
Dont go in those at the start of the game, you WILL get your ass handed to you.

Ceebs

More horse racing? Ugh...this one is an 8 minute long one and only says round one. Loving the game but the horse stuff is AWFUL.

UrbanRats said:
Amazing.. the only thing i don't like so far, is the running animation. :lol kinda clumsy.

First thing I thought of when I saw the running animation...

happy_keanu_01.jpg

:lol

I have an i7 920 and ATI 5970, I should be able to run this? Does the 5970 count as a crossfire card with it having two GPUs?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
PumpkinPie said:
First thing I thought of when I saw the running animation...

happy_keanu_01.jpg

I have an i7 920 and ATI 5970, I should be able to run this? Does the 5970 count as a crossfire card with it having two GPUs?

Yes, I am pretty sure of that. Every card with 2 GPUs is crossfire or SLI, the only difference being that the two card chips are on one card..or something. You get the point.

Flib

So picked this up on gamersgate and am really enjoying it. The only thing that bugs me is the sort of wonky camera movement mixed with motion blur (playing on a gamepad). Is mouse and keyboard any better, or are there any tweaks I can make?

Dennis

Banned
PumpkinPie said:
You will tun this butter smoth and maxed out.

Just remember to disable one of the GPUs in CCC as CrossFire is broken.

Dennis

Banned
Flib said:
So picked this up on gamersgate and am really enjoying it. The only thing that bugs me is the sort of wonky camera movement mixed with motion blur (playing on a gamepad). Is mouse and keyboard any better, or are there any tweaks I can make?
Try adjusting camera sensitivity.

I had to lower it considerbly because it seemed to jump around to much.

mr.beers

_tetsuo_ said:
I love how when folks in the stream found out I was black, someone said it was weird seeing a black guy playing a nerdy game :lol

Blackie hood bought a hat, found the same hat 15 min later, poor dude.

Dennis

Banned
IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

I have found a way to enable CrossFire! I now have almost twice the framerate!

1) Rename the TwoWorlds2.exe to Fear.exe

2) Turn the second GPU back on in CCC.

So far I have not been able to detect any adverse effect of this tweak.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
No one answered my Qs from a few pages ago. Would appreciate it if anyone out there has some impressions:

1) How easy/difficult is it to jump into the story without knowing anything about TW1?

2) How linear/non-linear is the storyline & the game in general? I know you can "go anywhere" but is that viable?

3) How is quest management? Is there a robust journal? Switching the "active" quest? Seeing the previous parts of the quest chain? etc.

Dennis

Banned
GDJustin said:
No one answered my Qs from a few pages ago. Would appreciate it if anyone out there has some impressions:

1) How easy/difficult is it to jump into the story without knowing anything about TW1?

2) How linear/non-linear is the storyline & the game in general? I know you can "go anywhere" but is that viable?

3) How is quest management? Is there a robust journal? Switching the "active" quest? Seeing the previous parts of the quest chain? etc.

1) Easy

2) It is an open-world game but som areas are inaccesible at first. There are linearity in order you progress/get the main story quests. But there are side quests.

3) Kinda messy and badly implemented quest journal in my opinion.

Vlodril

Where can i find the house with the horses in bayan? have gone all over and cant seem to find it. Beggar lady lied to me when she said i cant miss it :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Vlodril said:
Where can i find the house with the horses in bayan? have gone all over and cant seem to find it. Beggar lady lied to me when she said i cant miss it :lol

Just follow the golden flag :lol

Dennis

Banned
Vlodril said:

It is literally just outside one of the entrances to Bayan.

Vlodril

Man i must be blind.. :lol Ill go look again. Golden flag points to some mines for a stone and the necris there 2 hit kill me.

Edited to add it took me literally 5 seconds to find them now.. Unbelievable.:D

Dennis

Banned
WanderingWind said:
Do you have to earn the ability to call your horse or did I run into a very annoying bug?
Have you completed the quest to unlock the horse and can you ride it?

Is it just calling it to you that is the problem?

Also, if the horse is too far away, it won't work.

Bonus, horse pic.

DennisK4 said:
IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!

I have found a way to enable CrossFire! I now have almost twice the framerate!

1) Rename the TwoWorlds2.exe to Fear.exe

2) Turn the second GPU back on in CCC.

So far I have not been able to detect any adverse effect of this tweak.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to use RadeonPro to setup the Crossfire profile? Renaming .exe files can often have unforeseen consequences.

Dennis

Banned
brain_stew said:
Wouldn't it be much simpler to use RadeonPro to setup the Crossfire profile? Renaming .exe files can often have unforeseen consequences.
Maybe, I don't use Radeon Pro.

pahamrick

brain_stew said:

I posted this before, but RadeonPro works amazing for enabling Crossfire with the Elder Scrolls IV profile. I didn't try the FEAR profile, but several of the other profiles I did try produced visual oddities and the Elder Scrolls one has been pretty rock solid as far as performance and no problems that I've seen.

Has anyone found a way to force AA without causing problems? I read some posts elsewhere that folks with nVidia cards could do it without issue now but everything I've tried in RadeonPro hasn't worked.

chris-013

Vlodril said:
Man i must be blind.. :lol Ill go look again. Golden flag points to some mines for a stone and the necris there 2 hit kill me.

Edited to add it took me literally 5 seconds to find them now.. Unbelievable.:D

If the golden flag pointed to the cave that means you haven't changed the active quest in your quest log.

Dennis

Banned
pahamrick said:
I posted this before, but RadeonPro works amazing for enabling Crossfire with the Elder Scrolls IV profile. I didn't try the FEAR profile, but several of the other profiles I did try produced visual oddities and the Elder Scrolls one has been pretty rock solid as far as performance and no problems that I've seen.

Has anyone found a way to force AA without causing problems? I read some posts elsewhere that folks with nVidia cards could do it without issue now but everything I've tried in RadeonPro hasn't worked.
There are claims that Nhancer can be used to enable AA for Nvidia cards.

It is also claimed that AA will be included in an upcoming patch but no timeframe for that patch.

Holy shit - looking at these screens... what the heck happened between the release of Two Worlds and the sequel? How is it even possible that a team can improve on something so shitty? I'm seriously considering buying this now.

Minsc

Gold Member
DennisK4 said:
Have you completed the quest to unlock the horse and can you ride it?

Is it just calling it to you that is the problem?

Also, if the horse is too far away, it won't work.

Bonus, horse pic.

Are there fish in the water? I see a little shape to the left of the little reflection.

The blurring on the sand is due to no AF right? That's pretty annoying.

Ceebs

Minsc said:
Are there fish in the water? I see a little shape to the left of the little reflection.

The blurring on the sand is due to no AF right? That's pretty annoying.
Yep there are fish. Don't think you can interact with them though.

pahamrick

DennisK4 said:
There are claims that Nhancer can be used to enable AA for Nvidia cards.

It is also claimed that AA will be included in an upcoming patch but no timeframe for that patch.

I guess that'll be the same patch that activates DX10/11? Nice.

As for the blurring sand due to lack of AF, there's a way to enable AF but it removes the detail for the sand / ground and makes it just look flat instead of having the bumpy appearance.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
So what kind of NPC interaction is there here? Can you kill whomever you like? Pickpocket? Steal?

Freakinchair said:
Holy shit - looking at these screens... what the heck happened between the release of Two Worlds and the sequel? How is it even possible that a team can improve on something so shitty? I'm seriously considering buying this now.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Everything I heard about the first seemed to indicate that it was awful at worst and completely unremarkable at best. The strong word of mouth in regards to this game is amazing when you think about that. However, I think it just goes to show just how crazy coordination of a project such as this is. With all these moving parts and the overall scopes of these projects, one or two bad decisions can likely make the difference between a strong and weak title. Having never played the first, I'm just guessing here, but there was probably a lot of unrealized potential that was squandered due to inexperience of the development team. Apparently they learned from their mistakes. Kudos to them.

Now, I just need to decide whether to impulsively buy this now, or at least wait until I finish up New Vegas.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, I'm buying this tonight. 45 Euros hurts, but it looks like it's good enough!

Truant

Can't get this to force AF. Ground textures look atrocious unless I'm looking right down at the ground. Not playing until I figure this out. Fuu

Top Bottom