• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Dennis

Banned
I am running the game in 2560 x 1600 with 16xAF and getting 45 fps average in the places shown in the pics below. Amazing performance, just amazing what they have acomplished.

Restarting the game made me realise how many ressources and money i wasted the first time. I have a much better understanding now of what weapons to sell and which ones to use for parts.

I also just found out that the horse can carry 400 weight. :lol Completely missed that the first time. This will make it so much easier to make money from loot.
(when you sit on the horse and open your inventory there is a saddle, click on it).

Dennis

Banned
WorriedCitizen said:
I also just found out that the horse can carry 400 weight. :lol Completely missed that the first time. This will make it so much easier to make money from loot.
(when you sit on the horse and open your inventory there is a saddle, click on it).
wat

Mind=blown

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
AF *bow*

Man you should go post those AF-filled screens in the high-res thread and clearly mark them as AF on because that pissed me off so much last week when people were too lazy to use it.

keuja

WorriedCitizen said:

huh, good find!

Is there any way to recall your horse from long distance? Sometimes I go exploring on foot and I'm too lazy to go all the way back to get the horse back. Or sometimes I want to use the teleport stone but don't want to leave Jerry in the middle of nowhere.

Ceebs

WorriedCitizen said:
So did not know this :lol :

Not that it does me much good. If I have a horse I ditch it in the wilds and just teleport.

Dennis

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
I'm going to have to type this in everytime I play, aren't I :(
Using a settings.txt file containing the text Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 didn't work for me until I quit the game and then relaunched the game and loaded a save. Then I opened the console and typed @settings.txt

So no matter what, it is necessary to type at least one command in the console.

keuja

DennisK4 said:
So no matter what, it is necessary to type at least one command in the console.

Well, unless you do this (I haven't tried yet)
You can create a file which automatically loads specific commands into the console the moment the game starts. In TW1, you could do this with autoexecgame.con and autoexecgame2.con within the parameters folder in the game's install directory.

I just tried it with TW2 and verified that it still works.

However, using autoexecgame.con causes debug information to appear in the upper left corner which you may find distracting. Using autoexecgame2.con avoids this issue. Create a folder named "Parameters" within your install directory, then create a new text file in that folder and name it autoexecgame2.con and place your commands into it, one per line.

source

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, I hate to say it but-

I just tried this with the 360 controller plugged into my PC, and it controls so much better than KB/M. Having analog movement control makes it feel a ton better, and the combat is much snappier and easier to handle.

I definitely recommend trying it out on a controller if you have one... to see if you like it better.

It seems like the game was developed around a controller as well...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn so much loot. I need to do more damn side questing :lol Waiting to get my Wireless Receiver though. Really wanna play this laid back with a 360 controller. When I get it... oooh how I shall waste time. More than 3 hours today :lol

that's a really great looking game, thanks for posting the pics. I might be picking this one up but I have a question. does exploring the world reward you in some way? Do you get anything for visiting all these random places (chests, info about the world etc etc)?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Anasui Kishibe said:
that's a really great looking game, thanks for posting the pics. I might be picking this one up but I have a question. does exploring the world reward you in some way? Do you get anything for visiting all these random places (chests, info about the world etc etc)?

Yes. There are TONS of little places to explore to find loot.

Loot is also randomized in most cupboards/chests/etc

Trickster

FlyinJ said:
Yes. There are TONS of little places to explore to find loot.

Loot is also randomized in most cupboards/chests/etc

This is something I've been getting kinda annoyed at.

I just battled my way through a small dungeon where there were some stone guardians I think they were called, those fuckers would kill me in 2 hits if I didn't block in time. At the end of said mini dungeon there was a chest, in that chest was some plain, shitty white loot. I proceed to exist the dungeon, kinda dismayed at the poor loot. I then travel to a small village where I have a quest, see that there is a cupboard in a house with a man sleeping during broad daylight, I figure I'll just lockpick one of his cupboards for fun, and I end up getting better loot from that, than the mini dungeon with the monsters that'd kill me in 2 hits if I'm wasn't carefull :|

Ceebs

Found the summon spell finally and was trying out all my options. These may be my favorite. I love how you get a random model for your summons each time.

screen_000975dl.jpg

bloke

After 14 hrs I'm still nowhere near finishing all of the Chapter 1 sidequests and I'm not exactly playing it slowly, it's just that new quests keep on popping up, other problem is I'm already bit overpowered at lvl28 atm and fights are getting slightly boring, still I want to finish that quest with 10 tomb dungeons at least, there better be something good in the last one ;P

Also if you haven't already be sure to support Reesa in ch1 sidequests to the end
(hint: sex)
:D

Dennis

Banned
bloke said:
After 14 hrs I'm still nowhere near finishing all of the Chapter 1 sidequests and I'm not exactly playing it slowly
How is this possible? The internet have told me that Two Worlds II is a 20 hour game. You should be almost done.

Dennis

Banned
If you are still in doubt why I am gushing about this game watch this video. It is a short 720p clip that show what the game actually looks like when playing. There is no editing. I am walking slowly and the music is in-game. Notice the lack of HUD.

The atmosphere is breathtaking, as is the sheer beauty.

The is the most gorgeous game ever. Nothing else comes this close to capture the feel of walking in a forest on a Grand Adventure.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRwEFpr3KQ

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
This game looks so good! I'd usually buy it immediately...

But:

- I swore to not buy anymore games in 2010
- I have Dragon Age, The Witcher, Fallout 3 and Risen in my RPG backlog, unfinished.

I guess waiting is for the best. I want to get a strong, DX11 laptop before I go crazy in 2011.

Somnia

DennisK4 said:
If you are still in doubt why I am gushing about this game watch this video. It is a short 720p clip that show what the game actually looks like when playing. There is no editing. I am walking slowly and the music is in-game. Notice the lack of HUD.

The atmosphere is breathtaking, as is the sheer beauty.

The is the most gorgeous game ever. Nothing else comes this close to capture the feel of walking in a forest on a Grand Adventure.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRwEFpr3KQ

Jesus...so tempted to import, but I think I'll hold off till the Steam release since I still have so many more games to play (like Risen finally).

This game confirms just how much unrealized potential is being wasted each time Bethesda/Obisdian trots out the 'Gamebryo' engine.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
bonesmccoy said:
This game confirms just how much unrealized potential is being wasted each time Bethesda/Obisdian trots out the 'Gamebryo' engine.

They are done with Gamebryo last I heard.

Ceebs

bonesmccoy said:
It's not Gamebryo, it's Bethesda's implementation of it. Divinity II uses it and despite having only a fraction of the budget it manages to be a perfectly fine looking exploration based action RPG.

wwm0nkey

bonesmccoy said:
Gamebryo needs to be burned, set of fire, then pissed on. I hate that engine so much.

wwm0nkey

Its weird this game isnt running in DX 11 yet but some areas in the 2nd chapter look like
the DX 11 Stone Giant demo
kind of makes me wonder what tessellation will do in this game when enabled :D

Peterthumpa

DennisK4 said:
IMPORTANT!

AF can be enabled by typing Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 in the ingame console and pressing enter. It works fine, however you lose paralaxing.

Note: I could not get the Parameter folder trick to work.

Credit to pahamrick for the tweak.
Isn't losing paralaxing... bad?

bdouble

Wow. Was sort of intrigued by the game but these screens are making me scared. Game looks insane. Hmm wonder how the PS3 version will play.

bhlaab

Wallach said:
It's pretty amazing looking for the kind of performance it is giving.

I suppose so. Looks about on par with Risen to me. I think Gothic 4 looks better, even though it's probably a worse game.

TW2 really goes overboard with the HDR and low-rent motion blur/dof.

bhlaab

felipepl said:
Isn't losing paralaxing... bad?

Paralaxing is when it raises parts of the terrain to make it look like it has more depth. Usually iit doesn't contradict AF but sometimes it does.

Personally I'd MUCH rather have a nice, sharp ground texture than bubble rocks that look like they're from 2001 when you're more than a foot away from them.

Um, so apparently the giant island in the middle is barely used at all...

"I hopped on my boat and sailed to Eikronas only to find that it's cut off. The beaches are open, but the main landscape is held off by large cliffs and mountains. I glitched my way over them, only to get teleported back to the beach once I got over the cliffs. I'm disappointed, as I really looked forward to exploring a landscape similar to the starter island. There are however four-ish "valleys" that you can explore, but they are also pretty streamlined and linear."

Furio53

I just went to buy this on direct2drive or steam... I guess its not out for digital download until January??

edit nvm... I looked on their store, looks like i can download it there. Sorry.

Side note, this game looks great. I skipped over the thread because of how broken two worlds was, but I saw the thread hanging around, and when i looked inside... well. Wow.

Trickster

bhlaab said:
I suppose so. Looks about on par with Risen to me. I think Gothic 4 looks better, even though it's probably a worse game.

TW2 really goes overboard with the HDR and low-rent motion blur/dof.

Turning off the DoF helps quite a bit imo.

Top Bottom