• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

DennisK4 said:
I don't know how hard boss fights will be on Hard yet.

I just killed two different mini bosses from side quests without any problem. My weapon makes like 250-300 hp damage per hit.

It's a tricky decission. I hate frustrating melee combat but i also hate it when there is no challenge.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
syllogism said:
Actually it seems 20 hours is believable, the land masses are misleading, apparently.

I cannot believe this unless he rushed through as fast as he possibly could. Like I said I've playe for 7 hours at a pretty steady pace and I'm still in Chapter 1.

pahamrick

_tetsuo_ said:
What the hell. You just create the settings.txt file in the two worlds folder, paste the lines in there, then load up your save and type @settings.txt, right? Not working at all.

Not sure why it's not working for you.

settings.txt with whatever commands you want in the same folder as your TwoWorlds2.exe file, once you load into the game press ~ to bring up the console and type @setting.txt

Works every time for me, not sure why it's not for you.

syllogism said:
Actually it seems 20 hours is believable, the land masses are misleading, apparently.

I'm 12 hours in and haven't even explored half ov Savanah. Going by the map that comes with the game there is less density of stuff on the big Island but there must be at least as much as on Savannah + there is another island. So a conventional estimation of how much stuff there is to do in the game is at least 50 hours from me.

Some nitpicks after a few hours play:

- Inventory management is getting a bit tedious. I have to stop after looting a few dead enemies just to dismantle and clear out all the junk in my pack. Is there a way to loot corpses without automatically picking everything up?
- I ditched the horse. It controls horribly, I just couldn't be bothered with it. :lol
- The quests are kinda dull, and it doesn't help that the hero sounds utterly bored with life.
- Shields look a bit silly. I don't know if it's just the way you hold them or what. Why can't he sling it on his back like most RPGs?

Still playing though, it's not perfect, but has enough to keep me going.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
20 hours? Hell no. I am 4 hours in and I just got to the second half of the first island where the guilds and stuff are.

syllogism

Like I said, it took me 14 hours to clear the first island. What I'm saying is it's perfectly feasible to finish the game in 20 hours while at least doing some optional stuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So of the screenshots I have seen, the icons in the inventory look absolutely fucking massive. Is there any way to make them smaller?

syllogism

Zefah said:
So of the screenshots I have seen, the icons in the inventory look absolutely fucking massive. Is there any way to make them smaller?
No, and if you are really OCD about crafting, the inventory starts getting on your nerves pretty quick; you'll have to convert almost everything you loot into crafting components after every fight, item by item.

e: this is an issue in general really as when you loot a body it takes everything as long as you've room.

Ceebs

Relix said:
20 hours? Hell no. I am 4 hours in and I just got to the second half of the first island where the guilds and stuff are.
I am like 8 hours in and have not even gotten past that gate yet. Just spent an hour in a dungeon full of Dark Knights and Mummies

This game is kicking my ass

I went to look at the thing for the scribe to get a writ of protection in Savannah, level 6 and got my ass kicked by some giant ant.

Sanskrit said:
Is this game worth it?
I mean, the first one was unbelievably bad.
facepalm.jpg

We should provide a short answer to this question in the title by a reference, or we'll get it every other page.

Ceebs

cartoon_soldier said:
This game is kicking my ass

I went to look at the thing for the scribe to get a writ of protection in Savannah, level 6 and got my ass kicked by some giant ant.
How do you get him to even talk to you? He just says good day and sits back down for me.

Beaulieu said:
I don't see any difference. Am I crazy ?
yeah, look at the ground texture. open both pictures in a browser where you can quickly switch between tabs, like opera with the '1' and '2' keys, and compare the pics.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ceebs said:
How do you get him to even talk to you? He just says good day and sits back down for me.

Go out to the small graveyard and talk to a dude there. I got stuck also :lol

L0st Id3ntity said:
We should provide a short answer to this question in the title by a reference, or we'll get it every other page.

Or people could read. But I'll leave it up to the powers that be :lol

I had no interest in this game whatsoever until I read this thread. Then I jumped through some hoops to get it in the US and paid full price for it and love it. Wish I was at home playing it!

Actually, I wish my 6870 would show up even more.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Btw Archers are awesome :lol I am starting to find the Warrior class a bit bad, don't know why. I am dual wielding a short sword and the warlord I think. My defense sucks. Maybe I a long sword + shield combo is better? Enemy AI is a bit dumb. Ill just shoot them to death with arrows.
Ceebs said:
I am like 8 hours in and have not even gotten past that gate yet. Just spent an hour in a dungeon full of Dark Knights and Mummies

Wait. Where's that dungeon :lol

Randy

Can't stop taking screens. Even the big tree in the second screen wiggles softly because of the wind. I'm in love.

eexxc.jpg

2zyvabn.jpg

Dizzy-4U

L0st Id3ntity said:
facepalm.jpg

To be fair, if he played the 360 version of the first game, he has a point. It was absolutely atrocious.

I'm getting my video card this month. Can't wait to play it.

Haunted

graphics and most of the texturing is super nice

but there's some weaknesses in the animation and how the camera behaves during conversations for example

i wouldnt call it amateurish, but it betrays its eastern european budget studio heritage

still a really gret turnaround overall

DSN2K

PROBLEM

Game won't start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing, I have an ATI btw, I just deleted the temporary files from gamesgate so I hope I dont have redownload and install again :(

Ceebs

Relix said:
Wait. Where's that dungeon :lol
Go to the red circle. There is a camp of Varn on top of a hill you will have to clear out. The entrance is a door in the side of a rock. I have not made it all the way through yet. I had to get out when I unlocked a side entrance due to lack of potions.

screen_0006x5nt.png

Also, did anyone gone back to that cave from the prologue where you rolled the rocks down the hill? That place looks like it goes much deeper than expected.

chris-013

Altar buff is insane 1700 Hp without it ~800 Hp ! With mana shield I have like ~2900 Hp. xD

Old pet...

New pet ! Dark knight. ^^

I just killed two different mini bosses from side quests without any problem. My weapon makes like 250-300 hp damage per hit.

It's a tricky decission. I hate frustrating melee combat but i also hate it when there is no challenge.

I play in hard and I don't see a difference with normal maybe the mob hit harder but they die easily too. With mana shield I'm near invulnerabily but without it I can die with 1 or 2 hit. :p (the buff last 30 sec so I need to switch between mage and warrior).

DennisK4 said:
IMPORTANT!

AF can be enabled by typing Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 in the ingame console and pressing enter. It works fine, however you lose paralaxing.

Note: I could not get the Parameter folder trick to work.

Credit to pahamrick for the tweak.

Before and After pics please

PolishQ

Asked twice, no response yet:

1) Is the story interesting? Are the quests interesting? Can someone summarize the basic plot?

2) Apart from looking pretty, what does the gameworld do to distinguish itself? Is it a generic fantasy environment, or is it more unique?

Just thought I would chime in as far as system specs go...

Running a PC I built about 4 years ago which has..

Core2Duo 6420
4GB RAM
9600 GT 1GB
Windows 7

Running the game at max settings and 1680 x 1050 res. I'm sot sure my exact FPS unless there is a console command to display it? But I'm easily getting above 30FPS, most likely hitting 60, but drops a little in open environments. Overall very smooth and beautiful.

Only about an hour in but great game so far.

DSN2K said:
PROBLEM

Game won't start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing, I have an ATI btw, I just deleted the temporary files from gamesgate so I hope I dont have redownload and install again :(

I had the same problem (ATI 4850) and I just restarted my PC. I read that it might be because the installer was still hanging even though it wasn't shown in processes or anything.

But a Restart of my PC cleared it up.

PolishQ said:

1) Is the story interesting? Are the quests interesting? Can someone summarize the basic plot?

2) Apart from looking pretty, what does the gameworld do to distinguish itself? Is it a generic fantasy environment, or is it more unique?

I'm not as far as most of the people here but those questions are really left open for interpretation. I think the story is pretty cool so far although no big plot twists have been revealed, it seems typical for the genre.

The gameworld does look cliche' at times but it's presented in a very colorful way and it just pops. I've played most of the WRPGs and this one does have its own aesthetic but it's hard to put a finger on it. It's how Drakensang is different from Oblivion is different from The Witcher yet when you think about it all the villages kind of looked the same.

Dennis

Banned
PolishQ said:

1) I am not so far yet but pretty generic fantasy I guess. You are trying to save your sister.

2) The gameworld is spectacular. Lush forest looks like lush forest. The density of the foliage is insane. Monsters literally come charging out of the underwood to kill you in tw blows.
There is a Savannah area that is more middle easten/desert in look, music and feel. That is as far as I have come.

So far I have loved the music and ambient sound in the two areas I have been to.

bhlaab

I am a 23 y/o unattached white male seeking:

-Mouse Y Axis Inversion while aiming the bow
-Anisotropic filtering/ Some way to make ground textures not look like crap
-HDR that doesn't blur the hell out of everything
-Maybe not having Run and Sneak be the same button

Dennis

Banned
bhlaab said:
I am a 23 y/o white male seeking:

-Mouse Y Axis Inversion while aiming the bow
-Anisotropic filtering
-HDR that doesn't blur the hell out of everything
-Maybe not having Run and Sneak be the same button
- Inversion problems require patch.
- AF has been solved.
- wut? The blur is perfect, so is the DoF. First game ever where the blurring is perfect. HDR can be turned off but it kills the graphics.
- Never gving me trouble on pad.

Top Bottom