• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Ceebs

cartoon_soldier said:
Never played the first one, but enjoying this game right now.

My main problem right now is that I abandoned my Horse somewhere, and I can't do the Rustler's Run quest. The Horse controls should have been better.

I find the game world to be nicely immersive.

I mean, I am having fun playing it. Levelling up is rewarding, the crafting upgrades works nicely, good variety of weapons to use.
Check the village. Certain places have horses respawn it seems, and I think that is one of them.

Also: The guy in the Mage guild that resets your skills. Does he only do a few points per time or is something screwy going on for me?

The UI is terrible. Blatant console rip. And the HDR adds a hideous amount of blur and bloom. Turning HDR off and the game looks jaggy as hell because there's basically no AA. It's not hard to see where they cut corners to make nice vegetation.

okay i have no idea how to use spells. I have a fire staff equipped and i just want to do a basic fire bolt for example. I hotkey it to 1 but when i press 1 nothing happens...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Confidence Man said:
The UI is terrible. Blatant console rip. And the HDR adds a hideous amount of blur and bloom. Turning HDR off and the game looks jaggy as hell because there's basically no AA. It's not hard to see where they cut corners to make nice vegetation.
What does it look like when you turn AA on?

Corto said:
OMG! You never heard of Jerry? You're in for some treat... :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtmNtFVQ2F8
Haha of course i know where Jerry comes from. i was just curious if the devs put in a horse named Jerry :lol

Confidence Man said:

The bloom can be horrific in the savannah, completely annihilates any texture detail.

wwm0nkey

arts&crafts said:
okay i have no idea how to use spells. I have a fire staff equipped and i just want to do a basic fire bolt for example. I hotkey it to 1 but when i press 1 nothing happens...
Make sure you have enough mana first.

wwm0nkey said:
Make sure you have enough mana first.

I have 1000mana and i made a basic fire bolt spell in my "amulet" that says it costs 12 mana. I hot key it to 1 but when i press 1 nothing happens :( Do I have to equip some type of necklace (amulet) or something?

water_wendi said:
What does it look like when you turn AA on?

The game only offers 1xAA, which looks like this:

twoworlds2hdroffgc4y.jpg

arts&crafts said:
I have 1000mana and i made a basic fire bolt spell in my "amulet" that says it costs 12 mana. I hot key it to 1 but when i press 1 nothing happens :( Do I have to equip some type of necklace (amulet) or something?

You have to make sure you have the staff in battle stance first. When you do hotkeys, you aren't hotkeying to cast the spell like you would in a MMO. You are keying it to make that the active spell for when you click the attack button. So press 'F' to ready your staff, then click the left mouse button to cast the active spell.

piratepwnsninja said:
You have to make sure you have the staff in battle stance first. When you do hotkeys, you aren't hotkeying to cast the spell like you would in a MMO. You are keying it to make that the active spell for when you click the attack button. So press 'F' to ready your staff, then click the left mouse button to cast the active spell.

:D it worked. I am used to playing world of warcraft :p thanks for the help

Dennis

Banned
These are the review scores I have been able to find.

XboxNewz - 90% (German)

ZockerHeaven - 11/12 (German)

Gameswelt - 89% (German)

Eurogamer.de - 9/10 (German)

GamersPlus - 90% (German)

Spieletipps - 87% (German)

Gamestar - 85% (German)

Krawall - 85% (German)

PC Games - 88% (German)

Gamona - 88% (German)

GamesRadar - 90% (German)

GamersGlobal - 85% (German)

RPGItalia - 91% (Italian)

Gamers.at - 90% (German)

Iamgamer.de - 92% (German)

GamingXP - 90% (German)

buffed - 92% (German)

XBG 360 - 92% (German)

Average score: 90%

vehn

so I'm connecting my GTX 460 to my receiver which then goes out to my 1080P TV to play this game, but whenever I do that I always get pretty bad tearing when I'm playing the game. I turned VSYNC on but no matter what I try the game always tears (and this is with all games I stream to the TV as well). Anyone know how to fix that?

nataku

So no way to force AF without losing paralax mapping?

I'm not sure I'm liking the savannah area so far. The forest island was beautiful, but the savannah looks kind of ugly so far. Especially the grass... it just doesn't look right with the HDR shimmering when it moves.

Dennis

Banned
nataku said:
So no way to force AF without losing paralax mapping?

I'm not sure I'm liking the savannah area so far. The forest island was beautiful, but the savannah looks kind of ugly so far. Especially the grass... it just doesn't look right with the HDR shimmering when it moves.
No, to your question. You have to choose.

I agree the Savannah is less pretty but it has its places.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
re: the misleading map -

I think the concerns are very overblown. Calling the game "a scam" is lol-worthy. The problem is expectations. Many people, including lots in this topic, were pumped to explore that landmass. It is disappointing that you can't, plain and simple. If the map had water instead of land, it would still be a very big, long game. And people wouldn't be as disappointed, because they would have had properly aligned expectations.

The devs should know that a big part of these games is there "go anywhere do anything" premise. Let's say the game had the EXACT SAME amount of explorable land, but it was all shoved together in one contiguous landmass, ala Oblivion. People wouldn't be nearly as upset. And the devs should have known that.

Dennis

Banned
GDJustin said:
re: the misleading map -

I think the concerns are very overblown. Calling the game "a scam" is lol-worthy. The problem is expectations. Many people, including lots in this topic, were pumped to explore that landmass. It is disappointing that you can't, plain and simple. If the map had water instead of land, it would still be a very big, long game. And people wouldn't be as disappointed, because they would have had properly aligned expectations.

The devs should know that a big part of these games is there "go anywhere do anything" premise. Let's say the game had the EXACT SAME amount of explorable land, but it was all shoved together in one contiguous landmass, ala Oblivion. People wouldn't be nearly as upset. And the devs should have known that.
QFT

Some say the big island is for the Co-OP mode.

Brannon

Is Co-op mode enabled, or is that for a later time? Because that seems like it would be a really easy thing to verify if so.

razorman

I've read on some forums that there is no dynamic weather system (e.g rain) in the game. Can anyone playing the game confirm this? Is it like Fable, where weather changes are only in static, fixed regions of the game, or is there no weather system at all?

syllogism

razorman said:
I've read on some forums that there is no dynamic weather system (e.g rain) in the game. Can anyone playing the game confirm this? Is it like Fable, where weather changes are only in static, fixed regions of the game, or is there no weather system at all?
No weather at all

nataku

Is call horse broken, or is the horse not actually yours when you first do the quest to get it?

I got off my horse and teleported after doing a quest and left my horse in the middle of nowhere, far away from where I am.

Dennis

Banned
nataku said:
Is call horse broken, or is the horse not actually yours when you first do the quest to get it?

I got off my horse and teleported after doing a quest and left my horse in the middle of nowhere, far away from where I am.
And how do you expect the horse to come to you if you are far away? Fly?

If horses are too far away they can't hear your call. Realistic.

Brannon

On an off note, I downloaded Risen from Steam and YAY,

Steam selling products they don't have WHAT THE FUCK said:
"Failed to contact key server"

This is bullshit. And you know they're not going to get this fixed until Monday. Sad thing is if I had pirated this game, I'd be playing it now.

Randy

Lvl26 warrior, found a place where mobs drop lvl56-loot. Wonder if that's a bug. They're not that hard, though harder than past mobs I've encountered.

Trickster

DennisK4 said:

You fight raptors with magic in this game :|

Realism isn't exactly the focus of the game :lol

Dennis

Banned
Brannon said:
On an off note, I downloaded Risen from Steam and YAY,

This is bullshit. And you know they're not going to get this fixed until Monday. Sad thing is if I had pirated this game, I'd be playing it now.
I think they are out of keys. Did you get one?

nataku

DennisK4 said:

Right. :lol

They should teleport their ass to me. Gameplay convenience >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> realism.

Plus, you know, the whole magic thing isn't exactly realistic.

Brannon

DennisK4 said:
I think they are out of keys. Did you get one?

Yeah they're out of keys, but I checked the forum for the game over there, and this has been the situation since FRIDAY, and they're still selling the game.

Dennis

Banned
Brannon said:
Yeah they're out of keys, but I checked the forum for the game over there, and this has been the situation since FRIDAY, and they're still selling the game.
Pretty shitty putting a game on sale and then not having enough keys. Pretty fucking amateur when you think about it :lol

Truant

Not as atmospheric as risen, nor are the enviroments as nicely designed. What I loved about Risen is that every forest just felt so dense and hand-crafted, with cool little cozy nooks to explore, and whatnot. Not getting the same vibe here.

The horse call only works from like 50m distance maximum.

Anyone else starts to think the game is too easy? I restarted on hard yesterday and i'm already pwning almost everything again that i encounter on Savannah at level 12.

I'm setting myself new goals now to keep me motivated. I want to craft the uber weapon just for fun.

The thing with the missing land mass worries me a bit. I was looking forward exploring it Morrowind style in the next coming weeks. I'm still not sure tho if its true that there is absolutely nothing there. There are a lot of symbols there on the map that comes with the game, tho not as dense as on Savannah. It could be related to side quests and maybe you can only teleport there.

But if its true and there is nothing i would say the game is still worth its money. Even the small islands combined are a bigger game world then many games. And lets not forget there is multiplayer including a coop campaign.

Munin

nataku said:
Right. :lol

They should teleport their ass to me. Gameplay convenience >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> realism.

Plus, you know, the whole magic thing isn't exactly realistic.

In my opinion there is still a difference between a coherent world with fantastic elements that still adheres to a degree of internal logic and flat-out fourth-wall-breaking design decisions as that one.

Dennis

Banned
WorriedCitizen said:
But if its true and there is nothing i would say the game is still worth its money. Even the small islands combined are a bigger game world then many games. And lets not forget there is multiplayer including a coop campaign.
Agreed. People need so little reason to start hating.

nataku

WorriedCitizen said:
The horse call only works from like 50m distance maximum.

So is there a minimum distance too, then? Because I was hitting the keybind when my horse was just 10 feet away or so and he wouldn't come to me then, either.

Alucrid

Banned
nataku said:
So is there a minimum distance too, then? Because I was hitting the keybind when my horse was just 10 feet away or so and he wouldn't come to me then, either.

He's just mad now.

bloke

Truant said:
Not as atmospheric as risen, nor are the enviroments as nicely designed. What I loved about Risen is that every forest just felt so dense and hand-crafted, with cool little cozy nooks to explore, and whatnot. Not getting the same vibe here.
True, Risen still remains a better game than TW2, more challenging, more balanced when it comes to skills/loot/leveling etc.

I, quite early on, ditched the horse. Thing was way too clunky and my guy runs faster and has better stamina!

DSN2K said:
Im finding the combat rather crap....can you lock onto enermies or is it just luck who you aim at ?

I really wish there was a lock-on as well. It's got that EuRPG combat charm though. Think Gothic 3. HA HA :lol

Dennis

Banned
bloke said:
True, Risen still remains a better game than TW2, more challenging, more balanced when it comes to skills/loot/leveling etc.
Risen was my 2009 RPG GOTY.

I think this year will be between Two Worlds II and Fallout: New Vegas.

Top Bottom