• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Still on the first chapter. Is combat in this game awful for anyone else? Spells barely do any damage to some of the Groms in special armor and he can literally 1 hit you to death.

Very weird game.

chespace said:
Still on the first chapter. Is combat in this game awful for anyone else? Spells barely do any damage to some of the Groms in special armor and he can literally 1 hit you to death.

Very weird game.

Some of the Groms on the first Island (the ones with dark grey skin and sabers) are tough enemies. I went back there last night at level 17 with a very decent weapon and they were still rather hard end of the spectrum that i've encountered.

You can kill some of them early in the game with a bow from a safe spot but it's very tedious and their loot is also many levels above what you can use at this point.

I found two high level crystals there in the end (one in the Grom cage and one in the last of their camps) so it's worth to go back there when you're good enough.

This game is not like Oblivion where enemies always level with you. Sometimes you have to retreat and come back later.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
chespace said:

Very weird game.

Ya don't mess with those guys yet. Same thing happened to me as an archer. Came back later and cleaned house.

syllogism

The magic system is pretty confusing. I respecced my level 32 character to experiment a bit and despite my Willpower being ridiculously high, it doesn't seem like my spells are doing anywhere near as much damage as they should be doing and the target shouldn't be resisting the damage either. While you can create some neat spells, overall going pure fighter appears much better

Dennis

Banned
About the big island and game length from

Dirk P. Hassinger
TopWare Entertainment GmbH
CEO

CEO TopWare said:
Eikronas [the large island] is mostly used for Multiplayer. The whole MP campaign is located there.

CEO TopWare said:
I do not know, what disapointment comes up here. We said and say that the play time is 25-35 hours - if the game is played straight and if someone plays all side quests, he can also play much longer. Eikronas is mainly used for Multiplayer. What is the problem with this? Where should the MP campaign take place? under the sea?

Interview with Miroslaw Dymek, chief of Reality Pump.

Question : How many hours can we count on, while playing the game?
Answer :
Finally I can answer that question, which has been asked in so many interviews. Our fastest testers needed about 24-27 hours just to beat the main quest and that does NOT include sub-quests and world exploration. After 2 months of testing, there was no one who completed all quests and visited every location. At the moment our best tester has 112 hours of gameplay and about 70% of world map explored. And that is only for singleplayer, let's not forget that the game also offers complex multiplayer mode.

Personal feeling: it is impossible not to be disappointed when you thought you would get a much larger game than you actually did. However, I can tell given that I will do all sidequest that the game will be many hours for me.

But of course that will be on a smaller map than first assumed, which is quite disappointing.

This is a lesson to other developers, don't do it like this, the backlash will be fierce :lol

I am NOT going to play MP so that the interior of the island is of no use to me but hopefully the Co-OP will be fun for others.

L0st Id3ntity said:
Nobody is playing it yet. :lol

Why ? ;'(

r7szub.jpg
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NPdVpx5CgE

If the US/UK version of the game has received some fine tuning, such as shields that actually block and carrying two handed weapons on your back instead of your waist, I'd seriously consider buying again. It'd be great if some of these things could be modded. But I don't see that happening.

Dennis

Banned
Tweaking time!

Removing or reducing Bloom without turning of HDR:

Engine.BloomMultiplier 0 (1=default, 0=turned off, inbetween value reduce bloom)

Note: this is a fantastic tweak for use in the Savannah area.

Enabling AF by removing POM:

Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0 (1=on, 0=off)

Note: you should force 16xAF. Removes POM unfortunately.

Removing motionblur:

Engine.MBlurIntensity 0

Level of detail of distant objects:

Engine.Farplane 1600 (1200=default, 1600=increased detail)

Note: higher than 1600 seems to lead to graphical glitches on far away water.

Detail of "distant land":

Engine.dstfarplane 15000 (6000=default, 15000=improved)

Note: higher than 15000 leads to glitches.

Increased grass distance:

Engine.GrassUserDistance 2 (0=grass turned off, 5=maximum)

Note: a value of 2-3 seems good.

Remove or reduce the blur on foliage, flower, trees etc.:

Engine.edgeaablend 0 (0=removes blur, 1=full blur, inbetween value gives some blur)

Note: removing the blur altogether looks awful to me but reducing it somewhat may look better than full blur.

Changing FOV:

Engine.FOV 50 (50=default, 80=further away, 100= even futher away)

Note 1: you can go beyond 100 but it starts to look screwy.

Note 2: when having a weapon out it defaults back. Putting the weapon away returns you to your chosen FOV.

Note 3: comparison screenshots below.

So I spent the day yesterday playing Adventure Co-op and had a blast. There are seven co-op "zones". Monsters seem to get harder the more people you have in a game. Going to go try the Village mode now. I had to grind the second zone to get drops and earn money because you need 10,000 currency to even start the village mode.

Devs are full of shit. What a joke.

Not to mention they designed what is possibly the worst GUI of all time. It's such a piece of shit it's unbelievable. Every few bodies you loot you have to go and dismantle junk objects one at a time because the examine icon just picks up everything on the body instead of opening up the inventory. What's my overall defensive rating? My cumulative damage? No idea because it doesn't tell you fucking anything.

And the AI is still exploitable just like the first game; i.e. they get to a certain distance from their origin and they won't go any further, so you can sit there at leisure picking them off with a bow.

DO NOT buy this game.

kinggroin

Banned
Confidence Man said:

Not to mention they designed what is possibly the worst GUI of all time. It's such a piece of shit it's unbelievable. Every few bodies you loot you have to go and dismantle junk objects one at a time because the examine icon just picks up everything on the body instead of opening up the inventory. What's my overall defensive rating? My cumulative damage? No idea because it doesn't tell you fucking anything.

And the AI is still exploitable just like the first game; i.e. they get to a certain distance from their origin and they won't go any further, so you can sit there at leisure picking them off with a bow.

DO NOT buy this game.

How are the gfx?

Wow, Village mode is really cool. To be honest they probably could have sold this by itself for $15-$20. It's like a 3D version of the game Hinterland, if anyone is familiar with that.

Dennis

Banned
Confidence Man said:

DO NOT buy this game.
Bullshit. The GUI is a minor annoyance at best. Info? You seem to want the game to hold your hand.

As for the AI, they do not just stand there. You make it sound like all combat is easy and broken by using the bow. That is not true at all.

AND DO BUY THIS GAME.

It is a great and beautiful open-world RPG. It is also a challenge. I recommend playing on Hard, doing all the sidequests and immerse yourself instead of rushing through. 30-50+ hour game.

Strong contender for 2010 RPG GOTY.

Dennis

Banned
Updated my tweak post with this tweak

Remove or reduce the blur on foliage, flower, trees etc.:

Engine.edgeaablend 0 (0=removes blur, 1=full blur, inbetween value gives some blur)

Note: removing the blur altogether looks awful to me but reducing it somewhat may look better than full blur.

wwm0nkey

piratepwnsninja said:
Wow, Village mode is really cool. To be honest they probably could have sold this by itself for $15-$20. It's like a 3D version of the game Hinterland, if anyone is familiar with that.
I havent played that mode yet but I heard you can invite friends and ect into your village and vise versa or did that get cut?

wwm0nkey said:
I havent played that mode yet but I heard you can invite friends and ect into your village and vise versa or did that get cut?

Yup, setting up a room for Village mode is just like setting up any other MP mode.

Confidence Man said:

Not to mention they designed what is possibly the worst GUI of all time. It's such a piece of shit it's unbelievable. 1. Every few bodies you loot you have to go and dismantle junk objects one at a time because the examine icon just picks up everything on the body instead of opening up the inventory. 2. What's my overall defensive rating? My cumulative damage? No idea because it doesn't tell you fucking anything.

3. And the AI is still exploitable just like the first game; i.e. they get to a certain distance from their origin and they won't go any further, so you can sit there at leisure picking them off with a bow.

DO NOT buy this game.
1. Well, you need parts anyway to upgrade weapons/armour and the parts weigh nothing.
2. I would like to see that.
3. AI is always exploitable once you've found the knack. I find the AI in TW2 quite bright though. And I find they will chase me even if I use a bow.

If this game comes out in the UK sub £25 on PC people should really get it.
Oh, and I'm sure the lead characters voice actor is the same one from The Witcher.

Dennis

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
Thanks for the tweaks, removing the bloom effect specifically makes the game look much better IMO.
Yeah, especially reducing the bloom in the Savannah. Amazing that the developers didn't think it was overdone there.

Confidence Man said:

- get correct crystals so you can carry more and spent somthing on your strenght then you can carry the loot from a whole dungeon
- use your horse to store loot
- only dismantle parts that you need to improve your favourite gear
- place a personal teleport near a merchant
- when your inventory is full teleport to the merchant and sell your loot
- buy crystals at the mage guild from the money and improve your gear
- ???
- PROFIT

The inventory is flawed but i've seen way worse ones. Fallout anyone?

Thanks Dennis4k! Those settings were a major help.

This is my @settings.txt file now

Engine.ParalaxOnTerrain 0
Engine.GrassUserDistance 5
Engine.GrassUserMultiplier 1
Engine.FarPlane 1600
Engine.MaxAnisotrophy 16
Engine.dstfarplane 15000
Engine.BloomMultiplier 0
Engine.MBlurIntensity 0
Engine.edgeaaBlend 0
Engine.FOV 80

WorriedCitizen said:
The inventory is flawed but i've seen way worse ones. Fallout anyone?

Heh, Mass Effect 1 comes to mind too, and that ended up being one of my favorite games!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Confidence Man said:

DO NOT buy this game.
im going to buy Two Worlds 2 first over Divinity 2. i wasnt paying attention much to the game first until you started posting about the map thing. After watching videos and streams.. i need this game. Thanks!

How does one dismantle rings? I have like 50 in my inventory and they sell for about 20auras so there is no point to sell. I have metalology or whatever but I cannot seem to dismantle them.

syllogism

arts&crafts said:
How does one dismantle rings? I have like 50 in my inventory and they sell for about 20auras so there is no point to sell. I have metalology or whatever but I cannot seem to dismantle them.
You don't and as far as I can tell they are utterly pointless, which is rather bizarre considering they've item level stats and such. There are some unique quest award rings, but other than that there's no reason to replace your 2 slot rings you likely found a few hours into the game.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
WorriedCitizen said:
This game is not like Oblivion where enemies always level with you. Sometimes you have to retreat and come back later.
Best news ever

Danneee said:
Where's the mages guild? I've only found the theives guild, I think.

After Bayan on your way to Hatmandor there is a building that looks like a church from the outside with pink flags. That's it.

@Blackace: That's off topic but how long does it take on this forum to become full member. i registered over a year ago and i've almost 300 posts. Did i piss someone off?

Dennis

Banned
WorriedCitizen said:
After Bayan on your way to Hatmandor there is a building that looks like a church from the outside with pink flags. That's it.

@Blackace: That's off topic but how long does it take on this forum to become full member. i registered over a year ago and i've almost 300 posts. Did i piss someone off?
You need more than 300 posts. I forget the exact number, 325, 350?

New ashos looks fantastic, and honestly i think the paralax AF is a bug, when you're in caves it works perfectly and it's filtered as well.

water_wendi said:
im going to buy Two Worlds 2 first over Divinity 2. i wasnt paying attention much to the game first until you started posting about the map thing. After watching videos and streams.. i need this game. Thanks!

Be warned, the game is a sausage fest. And it's more of an action RPG like the gothics, so don't expect ANY fancy dialogue checks like new vegas.

Ceebs

Once you get to the city the game all of a sudden makes you wonder if the guys at RP played a bit too much Assassins Creed. It however looks great and is a very unique setting for this kind of game.

timkunedo

Finally an rpg where you can walk, run, AND sprint. This game just keeps getting better and better. I'm just past Bayan now, but not quite to Hatmandor. Wow there were some shady people in Bayan!! :lol

Dennis

Banned
Someone tell me what the key for toggling 'always walk' is? I forgot :lol

Also, can I toggle that with the 360 controller?

Top Bottom