• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

PolishQ

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Has anyone been having issues with grass seemingly disappearing and reappearing on the Savannah plains? Any remedy for this issue?

Are you using the grass tweaks that have been mentioned previously in this thread? If so, remove them from your settings.txt file.

eXistor

Ceebs said:
This is one of those great concepts that just does not work in actual gameplay. Running up hills on foot is going to drive me crazy in this game especially if you are out of stamina and unable to sprint.
Well, I personally love it, but it's a very fine balance you have to uphold. Go too slow and it gets infuriating, go too fast and you might as well not do it at all. The main problem in TW2 is that the animation doesn't change from regular walking/running animations, thus making it look silly.

Just reached
New Ashos - the Oriental themed city
and WOW! It looks fantastic and for the first time my fps dropped to 50. Man, I really want the armour and weapons the Guards wear!!:D

Ceebs

eXistor said:
Well, I personally love it, but it's a very fine balance you have to uphold. Go too slow and it gets infuriating, go too fast and you might as well not do it at all. The main problem in TW2 is that the animation doesn't change from regular walking/running animations, thus making it look silly.
I think it's the uphill walking that is far too slow. The animation does not help sell it either.

Slackbladder said:
Just reached
and WOW! It looks fantastic and for the first time my fps dropped to 50. Man, I really want the armour and weapons the Guards wear!!:D

Yeah, imagine my disappointment when I saw an armour stall displaying
samurai type armour
only to find out the merchant sells bows and quivers. I really hate that in this game.

Dennis

Banned
Slackbladder said:
Just reached
I can't wait to get there and see for myself.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
16 hours still in chapter 1. I think I have literally done all there is to do, though. Now I'm sooped to get through this so I can play Risen afterwards :). I'll start the stream up again tonight most likely sometime when I actually get into chapter 2.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Anyone playing this on a MacBook Pro with 9600GT or some equivalent machine?
Also is there a demo out I could try, or should I wait for the PS3 version instead?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Banned
Relix said:
I won't play this until I get my 360 adapter dammit :lol
Probably wise. Seems some peple are complaining about the KB/M controls. It may well have primarily been designed to play great with a controller since it is a multiplatform game.

Dennis

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
16 hours still in chapter 1. I think I have literally done all there is to do, though. Now I'm sooped to get through this so I can play Risen afterwards :). I'll start the stream up again tonight most likely sometime when I actually get into chapter 2.
How does it work? Are you commited to streaming the whole game?

The keyboard and mouse controls feel just fine to me. I have a 360 controller for my PC, but I've never felt compelled to use it for this game.

Dennis

Banned
NZNova said:
Is it just me or does the character movement feel a little floaty? (Using a 360 controller)
It doesn't feel floaty to me with the controller but I don't know if I am sensitive to that kind of thing.

Ceebs

DennisK4 said:
Probably wise. Seems some peple are complaining about the KB/M controls. It may well have primarily been designed to play great with a controller since it is a multiplatform game.
I switched from 360 pad to KB/Mouse like 2 hours in. The spell casting and block being on the same trigger was driving me crazy. I also got tired of navigating the menu with an analog stick.

Zero issues with the KB/M controls for me.

I <3 Memes said:
Is this game available for sale on DVD in Germany? Or is everybody getting it through gamersgate with a German proxy?

Got it from gamersgate, but didn't need a proxy. Looks like the game's legally available to download here in NZ. :D

lastplayed said:
Got it from gamersgate, but didn't need a proxy. Looks like the game's legally available to download here in NZ. :D

I got it from gamersgate without a proxy, so looks legally available here in Australia as well :D

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Has anyone been having issues with grass seemingly disappearing and reappearing on the Savannah plains? Any remedy for this issue?

I did have this too. I typed

Engine.GrassUserDistance 1

And it seems to work amazingly. I'm not sure, but it seems that that modifier is almost how far it is from YOU and not how far the grass goes from you ... I messed with the settings and 5 looked wonky as hell, 4 stuttered, 3 was OK, but when I set it to 1, it looks great and absolutely no pop-in.

And this game runs soooo buttery smooth on my new HD 6870, it's a world of difference from my 4850 (not that it looked bad even then!) .. but wow, it's just so smooth and such a gorgeous game. I really can't wait for the weekend to really put some time into it.

Randy

Clocked 22 hours of playtime, saw credits, did every sidequest there is (at least, I couldn't find any more) and did lots of exploration. So yeah, it's certainly not the longest RPG ever, the inventory is clumsy, the ending is abrupt and awful, but everything else was a superb experience.

Finished the game on level
. Which is kinda strange, since I still have level
-loot in my bags...

And indeed, Dennis, though I have to admit, I reloaded the game lots of times, to see how a quest would turn out otherwise. So that amount of time isn't included. Can't say I rush through my games, I even expected a fair amount of areas after
the swamp
, but alas...

Dennis

Banned
Randy said:
Clocked 22 hours of playtime, saw credits, did every sidequest there is (at least, I couldn't find any more) and did lots of exploration. So yeah, it's certainly not the longest RPG ever, the inventory is clumsy, the ending is abrupt and awful, but everything else was a superb experience.

Wow, playstyle must really make a difference - I am nowhere finished yet and am close to 20 hours in.

What level did you finish at?

Edit: nevermind, you ninja-added that.

Mr_Brit

Banned
So I'm in the Savannah town and have played the game up till now with m&k, if I use a 360 controller will the game explain the controls to me or will I have to learn as I go or would it be better to just stick with m&k?

Beaulieu

Ok I must be stupid or something. I've been playing this a lot, still on chapter 1, level 20 mage.

I still don't understant how to use the second "row" of effet/carrier cards in the amulet interface. I cannot fuckin select the second row to put some cards there. And I cant find anything on the net about it.

Also, I cannot fusion stones together. When I have a stack of 2 or more identical gems, I have no option to fuse them. Ive seen videos of people doing it just by clicking on them but it's just not working for me.

I'm using a 360 controller... are these features bugged with the controller ?

Also, how am I suppose to use the skill gems and the seal gems ?? I cannot put them on any of my equipment ! I removed a skill gem from an armor, and I cant even put it back it.

God damnit.

But that game is cool ! I never play mage in games like this but I really like it here, I have some pretty cool spells already.

dak1dsk1

Banned
2 days before the 360 release... I have decided to postpone buying this game. There are just too many games out these days. First I have to finish Venetica and Dragon knight saga. Hopefully the price will have lowered when I'm ready.

Dennis

Banned
Beaulieu said:
Ok I must be stupid or something. I've been playing this a lot, still on chapter 1, level 20 mage.

I still don't understant how to use the second "row" of effet/carrier cards in the amulet interface. I cannot fuckin select the second row to put some cards there. And I cant find anything on the net about it.

Also, I cannot fusion stones together. When I have a stack of 2 or more identical gems, I have no option to fuse them. Ive seen videos of people doing it just by clicking on them but it's just not working for me.

I'm using a 360 controller... are these features bugged with the controller ?

Also, how am I suppose to use the skill gems and the seal gems ?? I cannot put them on any of my equipment ! I removed a skill gem from an armor, and I cant even put it back it.

God damnit.

But that game is cool ! I never play mage in games like this but I really like it here, I have some pretty cool spells already.
You could look at this

DennisK4 said:
Spellcasting Guide

Below is a guide to magic in TWII and the spells you can make.

Obviously this may be a spoiler if you want to xperiment for yourself.

http://twoworldsvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=28

Are you missing some kind of skill?
There is a necessary skill for making a tier 2 magic. Sorcery Artisan I think?

I wanted to play with the spells mostly so I just used the console commands to spawn that skill book. ``

I have a tier 2 level spell that fires a wind bolt that explodes into lighting AND FOR SOME REASON spawns spiked balls, chests. and barrels above the target that drop for damage.

I have absolutely no idea why that happens but it's awesome. LOL

Beaulieu

BudokaiMR2 said:
Are you missing some kind of skill?
There is a necessary skill for making a tier 2 magic. Sorcery Artisan I think?

I wanted to play with the spells mostly so I just used the console commands to spawn that skill book. ``

I have a tier 2 level spell that fires a wind bolt that explodes into lighting AND FOR SOME REASON spawns spiked balls, chests. and barrels above the target that drop for damage.

I have absolutely no idea why that happens but it's awesome. LOL

Hmm maybe Ill look into that... but 2 tier cards are lit up, as if I could use them. Are you playing with a controller ? Maybe the action to go down a row isnt mapped... ill have to try with my mouse.

Still dont understand why I cant join gems together though

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure the L/R triggers toggle between the rows of spells but you still may need Sorcery Artisan before you can access beyond the first row. Im away from my gaming pc or I would check for you.

Beaulieu

ValleyJoe said:
I'm pretty sure the L/R triggers toggle between the rows of spells but you still may need Sorcery Artisan before you can access beyond the first row. Im away from my gaming pc or I would check for you.

Cool thanks Ill try that

keuja

ValleyJoe said:

Yeah I think you need sorcery artisan to be able to create a spell with several Carriers (one for the first spell, one for the second one). Yep L/R to toggle between the rows.

Also, the first spell of the combo needs to be missile, trap or sanctuary, can't start by area of effect or enchant i believe.

Mastperf

My dream is that Microsoft will take Fable from Lionhead and give it to these guys. Give Lionhead something they can't screw up like Avatar clothes.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Randy said:

. Which is kinda strange, since I still have level
-loot in my bags...

And indeed, Dennis, though I have to admit, I reloaded the game lots of times, to see how a quest would turn out otherwise. So that amount of time isn't included. Can't say I rush through my games, I even expected a fair amount of areas after
the swamp
, but alas...

How the hell? I have like 15 hours playtime logged on my channel, around 18ish hours total and I just began doing stuff in the 2nd chapter. I don't BS around, I go from quest to quest and I don't even have all of the first island explored.

Dennis

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
How the hell? I have like 15 hours playtime logged on my channel, around 18ish hours total and I just began doing stuff in the 2nd chapter. I don't BS around, I go from quest to quest and I don't even have all of the first island explored.
I don't get it either. These kind of games take me a long time. I usually do all or most of the sidequests. I also explore everything.

keuja

DennisK4 said:
I don't get it either. These kind of games take me a long time. I usually do all or most of the sidequests. I also explore everything.

It might be the difference between someone who plays the game "efficiently", basically quests after quests non-stop and other players who sometimes just like to walk around and explore, spend a lot of time experimenting with spells or skills. A bit like in GTA where you could just do the missions or mess around with the police, base jumping etc.
I personnaly walk randomly around the map between missions sometimes just to admire the graphics lol.

Also Randy, what difficulty are you playing on?
For some reasons, i don't like using healing potions so i die and reload a lot too, which is not logged in the game timer.

It took me about 9 hours to get to chatper 2. I did a few side quests, but not that many. I just didn't find them that interesting.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lastplayed said:
It took me about 9 hours to get to chatper 2. I did a few side quests, but not that many. I just didn't find them that interesting.

I did just about all of them I think. Only 2 were in my log unfinished and I did like 12-15. Than again, I did leave like half the island unexplored.

Naeblish

You can do quests really, REALLY fast with the teleport system. So yeah, there can still be a huge difference in playtime between players who have both done all the side quests.

Randy

keuja said:
Also Randy, what difficulty are you playing on?
For some reasons, i don't like using healing potions so i die and reload a lot too, which is not logged in the game timer.

Medium/Normal. Used lots of potions here, since I liked to perform some alchemy. I went to chapter 2 in my 12th hour of gametime. Quests seem shorter there, no long walks, lots of quests inside the city, etc... Don't shoot me, I certainly did not rush through it, it was quite a normal pace. If you're doing longer over it, then lucky you.

Top Bottom