• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Randy said:
Medium/Normal. Used lots of potions here, since I liked to perform some alchemy. I went to chapter 2 in my 12th hour of gametime. Quests seem shorter there, no long walks, lots of quests inside the city, etc... Don't shoot me, I certainly did not rush through it, it was quite a normal pace. If you're doing longer over it, then lucky you.

Ya quest are a lot quicker in chapter 2.

I have a problem with the quest "A card carrying Member".
I'm supposed to find someone in the Club but there's no one there except dice games
. Anyone completed this part?
Edit: Ahh, solved it!

Dennis

Banned
Hammer24 said:
Game seems to sell good here in Germany, as it took me til today to finally get a copy!
Good to hear. Means we may get a sequel. And with all the bitching abut the main island, Two Worlds 3 will probably have a GIGANTIC gameworld :lol

So anyone online now that it's out since a week ?
I heard the big island in the north was for the online.

DennisK4 said:
Good to hear. Means we may get a sequel. And with all the bitching abut the main island, Two Worlds 3 will probably have a GIGANTIC gameworld :lol

Main island seems to be for teh online if some sites are to be truthed. More over I'm more seing a extension like bethesda did with morrowing than a Two worlds 3 ;)

koji

My Royal Edition finally arrived in my store today, pretty sweet box, installing as we speak. Only 4gb install btw? I`m not used to that anymore.

Now I only have to figure out how I`ll be able to combine this with Div2: DKS :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I beat it, an it actually is pretty short. For an RPG, anyway. Final playtime was around 27 hours. Towards the end I stopped doing sidequest because they were pretty pointless. No good side stories, no need for money and itemization was poor. The first chapter is by FAR the best, but the game as a whole is good enough for a playthrough.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Quick question; when (if?) this comes out for PS3 in North America is it worth a day 1 purchase?

Is the story better than Oblivion? Because Oblivion was garbage...

How is the world building?

I don't care if its short (more likely to replay a 20-30 hour RPG than a 60-70 hour RPG so I'll get more playtime out of it that way anyhow) but I care about if I will WANT to replay it.

Hammer24

Banned
Quick impressions:
disclaimer: this comes from someone who thoroughly enjoyed the first one.

- playing on 360
- there is tearing
- cutscenes are horrible graphically, the game itself looks fine (no idea why, as the scenes are ingame)
- great german voicework
- I´m disappointed that they changed the skill system, as I still think it was the best ever in the first game
- but its still enormously deep, customization galore
- right now I´m still early in the game, and its already very enjoyable

Just picked it up earlier today. Surprised at how reasonably decent it looks on 360. It is pretty rough around the edges, nowhere near as rough as the first one obviously, but still pretty rough.
I sorta broke some of the first quests without trying to. The fighting is clunky as all shit. But it plays just good enough for it not to be too annoying. I like the spell stacking thing and the crafting (dont quite remember how it was in the first one, didnt play it for long). Pretty happy with it so far.
In spite of the positive impressions in here, i was still half expecting it to suck ass. Especially on a technical level. Especially on anything else than a high end pc. Rather pleasantly surprised so far. Oh, yeah, "art" direction is somewhere between terrible and non-existent, but i can live with that.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Fistwell said:
Oh, yeah, "art" direction is somewhere between terrible and non-existent, but i can live with that.
it's a generic fantasy setting. You expected Dali or something like that?

The game's graphics really pop indoors, much moreso than outdoors, IMO. This area blew me away:

tw201b6qx.jpg

tw022unu8.jpg

tw203onnp.jpg

tw204h57x.jpg

In comparison the sequel lacks the huge vistas from the first game because of the landmass structure, even the larger open areas are sort of walled-in with rocks. An old TW pic I found on my hard drive:

tw015s71.jpg

Fistwell said:
Oh, yeah, "art" direction is somewhere between terrible and non-existent, but i can live with that.

Not sure if you know what you're talking about. The game looks very nice within the generic fantasy genre. Sure it's not the coolest setting ever but "no art direction" would mean the game looks patchworky and weird as fuck and that's certainly not the case.

Confidence Man said:
In comparison the sequel lacks the huge vistas from the first game because of the landmass structure, even the larger open areas are sort of walled-in with rocks. An old TW pic I found on my hard drive:

Yeah, it definitely lacks the vast open world feel that the original had.

dejay

Banned
I've rage quit a couple of times due to the frustration of getting on a horse - I find the icon disappearing as I'm about to press the mount key and my character jumps instead. It makes fast getaways problematic sometimes.

WorriedCitizen said:
Not sure if you know what you're talking about. The game looks very nice within the generic fantasy genre. Sure it's not the coolest setting ever but "no art direction" would mean the game looks patchworky and weird as fuck and that's certainly not the case.
Yes, that is what i mean, it looks patchworky and weird as fuck (and tacky as well). To me anyways. But if you say that's certainly not the case, can only mean... my opinion is wrong or something.

Doesn't mean the game doesn't look good now and then. It's reasonably competent on a technical level on 360, and some areas look pretty good.
Still, art direction is awol afaic.

2San

So what's up with the multiplayer? Is it any good and how long does it take to complete(co-op campaign).

ManeKast

How is the XBOX360 version for those that have it? Mine shipped yesterday.

Is it simple to set up co-op on LIVE? How is the multiplayer?

Karak

ManeKast said:

I have been sharing my time between the two. It's surprisingly good. Far better than Risen and other games of its time. The res is lower, but the textures, viewing distance, and such are all the same or very close. Surprisingly good.

koji said:
My Royal Edition finally arrived in my store today, pretty sweet box, installing as we speak. Only 4gb install btw? I`m not used to that anymore.

Now I only have to figure out how I`ll be able to combine this with Div2: DKS :D

Need unboxing pics, please?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Playing this with a 360 pad: HEAVEN.

I am now really getting into things like magic and lockpicking. If it weren't for the pretty fiendwolf demon I summon I would be dead every time :lol Got to the actual first city after nearly 5 hours of gameplay and I am doing some sidequests.

This game is just pure RPG fun.

2San said:
So what's up with the multiplayer? Is it any good and how long does it take to complete(co-op campaign).

Well, it was good until the last level. So much so that it went from memorable to, "I'm probably never playing this multiplayer again."

We had 10-12 hours of fun. Then about an hour of misery that ruined it. Just bad design at the end with a total non-ending.

2San

ManeKast said:

It plays well, but graphically it doesn't really impress. The PC version is one of the most pretty games I've ever seen and looked and performed awesome maxed out on a 2 year old pc. Gameplay wise you can't go wrong though(have the 360 version myself).

It's pretty simple to start up a co-op match just go to Xbox live -> create match -> choose gametype:adventure. No lag issue's playing with my friends(we live in the same country).
piratepwnsninja said:
Well, it was good until the last level. So much so that it went from memorable to, "I'm probably never playing this multiplayer again."

We had 10-12 hours of fun. Then about an hour of misery that ruined it. Just bad design at the end with a total non-ending.
Should be fun when I get there. :lol

I got my copy the other day. Was suprised to find how heavy the Royal Edition was.

I actually think it looks pretty good on 360...but I have been playing Risen and Deadly Premonition lately so anything can look good to me after playing those games :p

I am only about 2 hours in but am loving every minute of it. The only issue I have is I am uncordinated so I cannot for the life of me work out how to do the lockpicking :lol

eXistor

Well goddammit. I've been playing this game for about 25-30 hours now and all of a sudden my game starts to crash, as in every minute. I tried reloading an older save, no luck. I updated my game to 1.0.1, no luck. I literally cannot play the game anymore. I was just in chapter 2 (I know, I really took my time with side-quests and such) and now this shit happens. This is exactly my basic experience with pc gaming. I love PC games to death, but this kind of shit always happens to me and it's become synonymous to pc gaming in general.

I've already scoured forums and basically no one knows how to fix it. I don't suppose any of you have any ideas what to do?

ram

WorriedCitizen said:

huh? the monster design is terrible. but thats the only thing that is really ugly looking in the game. even the humans are better looking than your average western rpg.

The PC version of this game has justified the purchase of my PC just as much as Crysis. :) Fun game, fun combat, and proves that a hardcore RPG is possible with a console controller. I'm actually finding myself using the controller on this game more than KB/M. :lol

If a little game company in Poland has the ability to polish up an engine and game THIS well, then some of these so called "AAA" top budget dev studios need to step it up!

Dennis

Banned
ALaz502 said:
The PC version of this game has justified the purchase of my PC just as much as Crysis. :) Fun game, fun combat, and proves that a hardcore RPG is possible with a console controller. I'm actually finding myself using the controller on this game more than KB/M. :lol

If a little game company in Poland has the ability to polish up an engine and game THIS well, then some of these so called "AAA" top budget dev studios need to step it up!
Yes on both counts.

It really does play remarkbly well with the controller.

And just imagine what an RPG like Two Worlds II could look like if made with the budget of a COD, Uncharted or Halo. Would be out of this world.

I hope it sells well so we get a third game in this series.

I've played about 2 hours on PS3 and so far i hate this game. Cutscenes are shitty as hell and also glitchy, the sound design is bad with music and effects always dropping out. I have more serious complaints brewing but i'll give the game more time before i fully flip my shit.

Is it safe to say this is your favourite game DK? Dont think ive ever seen one thread propped up by one person before lol.

1. DennisK4 123
2. _tetsuo_ 36

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Fix The Scientist said:
I've played about 2 hours on PS3 and so far i hate this game. Cutscenes are shitty as hell and also glitchy, the sound design is bad with music and effects always dropping out. I have more serious complaints brewing but i'll give the game more time before i fully flip my shit.

PS3? This is out? Where? Please be some country in EU...

dak1dsk1 said:
So was this game a failure?

It's a good game and i enjoyed it a lot while it lasted but the fact that the game world is much smaller then what was promised left me disappointed in the end.

In retrospect i should have waited for a price drop and maybe a special edition with all DLC included before buying it.

dak1dsk1 said:
So was this game a failure?

It's basically a better looking (at times) Two Worlds 1 with a shitty console GUI and a smallish closed-in world where you're on paths a lot of the time. They got rid of the corny dialogue but they also did away with the huge open world. AI still sucks, horse riding still sucks (you're limited to only one area to ride in, as well), combat is largely the same.

Tr4nce

WOW. This game came out of nowhere for me. I was looking for some RPG's that would come out soon, then I saw this game. Then today I see this thread, and someone else in another thread also recommended this to me. This game looks ace!! It breathes atmosphere, and it looks fun. Hope it doesn't suck!!!

The best thing is, it's already available here in the Netherlands. Tee-hee!

Ceebs

WorriedCitizen said:
It's a good game and i enjoyed it a lot while it lasted but the fact that the game world is much smaller then what was promised left me disappointed in the end.

In retrospect i should have waited for a price drop and maybe a special edition with all DLC included before buying it.
This sums it up nicely. I enjoyed the game a ton, but as far as Euro RPGs go, Divinity 2 is the way to go if you need a new one to play.

You can buy the PS3 version from heaps of online stores. After playing about 5 hours of it i can safely say it's the worst game i've experienced this gen, a disgusting mess in literally every area.

BitchTits

Fix The Scientist said:
You can buy the PS3 version from heaps of online stores. After playing about 5 hours of it i can safely say it's the worst game i've experienced this gen, a disgusting mess in literally every area.
o_O

This doesn't gel with the positive impressions of the game so far.

Did you play the first game, it was horrible on the 360, but everything so far has pointed to the sequel being better. I assume those were PC impressions though.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
BitchTits said:
o_O

Did you play the first game, it was horrible on the 360, but everything so far has pointed to the sequel being better. I assume those were PC impressions though.

tastes differ.

BitchTits said:
Yeah, dunno. Maybe the ps3 version sucks. It's fairly decent on 360 imo. Also, i can confirm the ps3 version is out in switzerland.

Top Bottom