• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

So I have been getting into this lately on the 360. I just started questing in
The Savannah

Is it more, or does the camera sway side to side when running around??? I swear to god I feel sea sick when playing the game :lol

Rad Agast

Thinking about picking this up next week (PC). How is the ranger/rogue class? Can I play this game mostly with a bow and arrow or will I have to use a melee weapon after a couple of arrow hits?

Are there pets in the game?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Didn't this release in the US today? Where's the details? I was looking into Divinity, then remembered this. I nearly picked this up a bit ago. Is it good?

wwm0nkey

EvaPlusMinus said:
Didn't this release in the US today? Where's the details? I was looking into Divinity, then remembered this. I nearly picked this up a bit ago. Is it good?
No it comes out the 25th. Whats even better, ad's for it in my store say it comes out the 4th :lol

Stahsky

wwm0nkey said:
No it comes out the 25th. Whats even better, ad's for it in my store say it comes out the 4th :lol

That is all sorts of confusing

Stahsky

Well, at least I wasn't the only one confused. Wish there was a demo or something!

Ricker

Venetica is also suppose to release today...those crazy Germans ;) ...I hope it`s this week though but yeah Two Worlds is confirmed on the 25th on 360 in N.A.

Dennis

Banned
Two Worlds II (DX10 patch). It is now possible to have Anisotropic Filtering (AF) together with Parallax Occlusion Mapping (POM). Looks great.

It is now also possible to set AA in game. 4xMSAA is the only option though and it is quite costly.

Dennis

Banned
Mac system reqs

•Minimum:

◦OS: MACOSX 10.6,

◦CPU: Intel Core2Duo CPU,

◦RAM: 2 GB RAM,

◦Graphics: NVIDIA GF 8800 or AMD RADEON HD

•Recommended:

◦OS: MACOSX 10.6 or higher,

◦CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU,

◦RAM: 4 GB RAM,

◦Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5750 1GB

Effect

How well done is the character customization? Can you make a character with dark/brown skin or is the limit just a lite tan?

This really kind of a deal breaker for me in the end. I've ended up taking a pass on Divinity 2 due to this after looking more into it's character creator. It's made me appreciate the Elders Scroll series so much more as a result. Even White Knight Chronicles as well. It doesn't really matter in games like The Witcher since you are clearly playing an established character.

Edit: Came across this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khw90HeWq2Q&feature=related - and it seems I might have to change my mind. Messing with the skin tone and complexion setting at the same time seems to get close to a look I'm more interested in.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm getting a really strange graphics error.

The entire edge of my helmet is solid white. Extremely white. Also, around the lower parts of my boots, the edges are white.

I also noticed that there was an NPC wearing a medallion around his neck, and the entire edge of the medallion was solid white. Everything else in the game looks fine.

I hadn't played the game in a month and booted it up to notice this strange artifacting. Has it always been there? It's incredibly distracting. I installed the 1.1 patch after this, and the strange outlines are still there.

I'm pretty sure it's not a bad graphics card, as all other games look fine.

This is on a 5770 with the latest Catalyst drivers.

DennisK4 said:
Two Worlds II (DX10 patch). It is now possible to have Anisotropic Filtering (AF) together with Parallax Occlusion Mapping (POM). Looks great.

It is now also possible to set AA in game. 4xMSAA is the only option though and it is quite costly.

Downloaded the patch and I see the AA option, but it won't let me change it. I can change the AF options all the way to 16, but AA won't budge.

Pikelet

The aa makes this look even more awesome, will definitely pick it up when it is on sale. How well would this run on an i5/5850?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Where are you guys getting instruments and songs from? I'm about 15 hours in and haven't seen anything like that...

Seventy5

I just ordered the PS3 version from GoGamer. Even with 2nd day shipping it's cheaper than it would be buying it here in the US with tax, and I'll have it 3 weeks early :D I will post impressions in a few days when it arrives.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Will joining the fighter's guild block me from joining other guilds?

Also, no AA is allowed at all on ATI boards STILL, even post patch. Is the "DX10 patch" the same as the 1.1 patch?

Linconan

I've ordered mine through Ebay UK on the 1/1/11 :D
Should have it next week sometime, hopefully early on,lol

I'm actually surprised with everything i've been looking at for this title.
Graphics look awesome for an RPG.

I remember a time when RPGs where always classed to have the worst graphics due to the size of programming.
All that changed for me when i played Morrowind, and yet when Oblivion released on a 360 Launch title (Aus) i was blown away.
Its funny that i find that some RPGs challenge 'other' games Graphically now. :D

And now this Two Worlds 2, not only looks great but the animations from the charactor is awesome aswell.
No more stiffness movement.

Everything i've been seeing on this, is giving me good vibes.
I know i'll be enjoying this title.

On a side note,
Thanks DennisK4, for all the posts on vids and pics that convinced me to get this game.
Can't wait, as i was looking for a title to settle down for awhile.

Edit: Forgot to add, i'm getting this on Playstation3:D

Hammer24

Banned
FlyinJ said:
Will joining the fighter's guild block me from joining other guilds?

Not that I´m aware of. I´m around 80% with all guilds right now.
and would appreciate hints how to get to 100 with any of them :/

Just got my PS3 copy - I'm really excited for this one, I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the original Two Worlds, despite it's faults, because ultimately I'm a sucker for beautiful and expansive worlds to explore, and in that regards everything I've seen of TW2 is above and beyond the original, so I can't wait to get into it.

*edit, lol - first glitch and I haven't even started the game; the intro movie becomes decidedly choppy and screen-tears making it near unwatchable :lol

dorkimoe

i played this on pc and thought it was cool, i hope the console versions (360) plays the same way, ill have to wait and see before i buy it

Bootaaay said:
Just got my PS3 copy - I'm really excited for this one, I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the original Two Worlds, despite it's faults, because ultimately I'm a sucker for beautiful and expansive worlds to explore...

Are you a glass is half empty or glass is half full kind of guy?

Seventy5

Confidence Man said:
Are you a glass is half empty or glass is half full kind of guy?
Are the dungeons big, like not just hallway, hallway, small room, hallway style? My copy should be here today, can't wait to try it. The PS3 version looks pretty good in the youtube videos I watched.

Seventy5 said:
Are the dungeons big, like not just hallway, hallway, small room, hallway style? My copy should be here today, can't wait to try it. The PS3 version looks pretty good in the youtube videos I watched.

The dungeons are mostly corridors.

canadian crowe said:
So I just ordered a ps3 copy from eBay. I think it ships from hong kong, does anybody know if the game text and voices are in english?

I live in asia and they have the euro version out here. I'm guessing yours will be the same and yes everything is in english.

I need to play this game more, the controls are a bit janky on the console version (i have it for ps3) which makes combat quite frustrating. I find myself chasing animals around and swinging my sword hoping it will connect.

bootaaay said:
Just got my PS3 copy - I'm really excited for this one, I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the original Two Worlds, despite it's faults, because ultimately I'm a sucker for beautiful and expansive worlds to explore, and in that regards everything I've seen of TW2 is above and beyond the original, so I can't wait to get into it.

*edit, lol - first glitch and I haven't even started the game; the intro movie becomes decidedly choppy and screen-tears making it near unwatchable

If I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that the NA ps3 version was being delayed in order to fix bugs and whatnot. I've encountered a few bugs and glitches as well, here's to hoping they release an extensive patch eventually.

Seventy5

My copy just arrived. I have time to install it before I go to work, what a bummer. I guess I'll be back with impressions in about 12-13 hours. 2.7Gb install on PS3 if anyone wanted to know :lol

canadiancrowe

Neo Member
fart town usa said:
I live in asia and they have the euro version out here. I'm guessing yours will be the same and yes everything is in english.

Thanks. I don't know why I was so antsy to get a copy a week earlier. I think I'll like it though!

BeeDog

Now that the game has been out for a while, how does it hold up in later parts of the game/during the end-game? As an example, I fucking love Risen, but I feel that game fizzles during later parts of the game, and then ends pretty abruptly. Also, the number of quests lower significantly after a while. Does this game stay strong all the way through, or does it just provide an initial 'wow' factor which quickly disappears?

Seventy5

I got to play about 4 hours last night after work. Import PS3 version. I've been playing the xbox version of the first one for a few days and this one is a night and day difference. The graphics are really a huge step up, though the framerate can jump at times, and the animation is pretty janky. The voice acting is better than I expected, but not great. The controls work pretty well, though the default camera speed was pretty jarring until I turned it down. The systems are pretty deep, especially the spell system. I played about 3 hours of the campaign and just got to the savannah. I tried the multiplayer adventure mode, and despite the British kid that was talking very loud to everyone is his house, it was still really enjoyable. There are 7 missions, apparently each in a different area, and it's almost like a linear MMO quest line. We started in a town, then cleared enemies up to a graveyard, killed a bunch of undead in the graveyard and then continued to a seemingly large outpost filled with groms before my partner quit. Your character (you can save up to 5, MMO style) is persistent. I chose a necromancer for this part, and it was harder than the single player game because I had almost zero knowledge of the magic system.

Overall, I'd give it an 8 right now. Maybe even a 9 once it releases here in the states and there are more people to co-op with. HUGE improvement over the first.

Seventy5

I hate that I'm the person that keeps bumping this thread up, but god damn I love this game! I've played about 4 hours of the campaign and probably 15-20 in the online mode. I have 3 missions left to finish, and I'm level 20. I've been playing mostly solo, grouping here & there, and it reminds me of an MMO a lot. The only gripe I have about the online mode is that each mission is pretty straight forward. Each has a fairly large area, but there are no side quests to complete. I've been wandering around heading towards my next part of the mission and come across outposts of enemies and whole areas with stuff to kill but no goal there. I really hope that they have some DLC coming for this because new quests for my character would be so awesome.

Minsc

Gold Member
lastplayed said:
The dungeons are mostly corridors.

Makes me miss games like Morrowind (or was it the one before that) where the inside of dungeons could have larger open areas than the open world of some open world games :lol

Dennis

Banned
Seventy5 said:
I hate that I'm the person that keeps bumping this thread up, but god damn I love this game!
I love the game too, junior.

I hope that the game does very well and get a Two Worlds III. Going back to a larger, less linear world like in the first game but keeping the amazing graphics and higher production values from the sequel would be perfect.

The game isn't a super high budget AAA title, so what they have accomplished is all the more impressive to me.

Along with Risen these games are reminders that you don't need mega budgets and teams to make open-world RPGs that are graphically far superior to the games from Betsheda and Bioware.

Alucrid

Banned
DennisK4 said:
I love the game too, junior.

I hope that the game does very well and get a Two Worlds III. Going back to a larger, less linear world like in the first game but keeping the amazing graphics and higher production values from the sequel would be perfect.

The game isn't a super high budget AAA title, so what they have accomplished is all the more impressive to me.

Along with Risen these games are reminders that you don't need mega budgets and teams to make open-world RPGs that are graphically far superior to the games from Betsheda and Bioware.

There's a reason why I don't care about all the ho-ha about DA2...TW2.

Dennis

Banned
UK will get a limited release of the Royal Edition for Two Worlds II:

The Royal Edition is limited to 2500 units in the UK, and will include a World Map, Dragon Queen Statuette, Two Worlds II themed playing cards, some unlockable in-game weapons, a limited edition version of the actual game and a Bonus DVD that features music from the soundtrack, concept art, wallpapers and a making of documentary. The special edition will be available exclusively through massive UK retailer GAME.

By the way, Two Worlds, the first game has been patched well and is now a great buy. It doesn't look as good as the sequel and is more janky but it is also a less linear and larger open world game. Get it for cheap if you can.

JoeBoy101

Minsc said:
Makes me miss games like Morrowind (or was it the one before that) where the inside of dungeons could have larger open areas than the open world of some open world games :lol

Funny, I thought Daggerfall on that. :) I miss climbing.

Top Bottom