• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Minsc said:
Makes me miss games like Morrowind (or was it the one before that) where the inside of dungeons could have larger open areas than the open world of some open world games :lol

Daggerfall was awesome because if you broke into someone's home they could have this huge basement full of zombies!!!

ced

Yes I'm lazy and not going to read through this thread, is there any consensus on which console version is the way to go?

JoeBoy101

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
I'm thinking about this or Dragon Age-ultimate edition. Any onions?

onion.jpg

Dragon Age is a nice throwback to old Infinity Engine Bioware RPGs. Also has some nice features like the Origin stories for your main character. I'm eagerly waiting for Two Worlds II, but still recommend Dragon Age. Just can't say if its better than this. Both?

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
My onion money is on 360.

Edit: oups i meant, dragon age. Even though i didnt like it as much as i thought i would, and even though i enjoyed 2w2 more than i thought i would.

Seventy5

ced said:
Yes I'm lazy and not going to read through this thread, is there any consensus on which console version is the way to go?
Well the 360 version would have to run incredibly well to be the better version, the PS3 version looks and runs very well. I think you're safe either way.

Ceebs

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
They are very different games. Personally there are plenty of RPGs I would recommend before Dragon Age though unless you just want a sort of mindless take on the tactical rpg sub genre.

Seventy5

Does anyone know if there are any plans for DLC? I'm hoping they'd take more of a PSU/WKC approach and add quests to the online portion rather than go the traditional expansion route. I'm absolutely loving the online portion and I'd hate to hit max level and finish the quests with nothing else to look forward to.

Ok, quick question - I'm doing the Runestones mission, but to get the 3rd runestone I need to go to the island of Eollas. How do I get there? I can't find any way of teleporting there and it won't let me swim the distance to the island.

Bootaaay said:
Ok, quick question - I'm doing the Runestones mission, but to get the 3rd runestone I need to go to the island of Eollas. How do I get there? I can't find any way of teleporting there and it won't let me swim the distance to the island.

You have to beat the second island first.

anyone have any pointers as far as combat goes?

I get wrecked trying to fight a warthog, the combat seems so clumsy and spastic. I enjoy the other aspects of the game but if I can't get the combat down I'm most likely going to move on to something else.

fart town usa said:
anyone have any pointers as far as combat goes?

I get wrecked trying to fight a warthog, the combat seems so clumsy and spastic. I enjoy the other aspects of the game but if I can't get the combat down I'm most likely going to move on to something else.

Combat will feel much smoother once you have a good weapon and leveled up a bit.

WorriedCitizen said:
Combat will feel much smoother once you have a good weapon and leveled up a bit.

good deal, thanks for the dose of reassurance.

I bought the euro version and only sunk a few hours into it. I really need to get back into it.

Hammer24

Banned
Bootaaay said:

Kill some scapularies (sp?) and brew yourself a walk-on-water potion, worked for me.

Just got my Euro copy today. Between this, DC Universe, and Venetica I'm having WRPG overload.

The game seems great so far, but I'm annoyed that the y-axis can't be inverted in sniping mode. Is that a glitch?

rSpooky

Can anyone that has been playing this already answer this for me?
I reserved two (ps3) copies so my wife and me can play co-op. Can we jump in and do that from the start? Or is it some weird unlock over time sorta deal?
In other words how does it work?

vocab

rSpooky said:
Anyone? did the hype for this game die right before it's US release?

This thread will be moving once the release date hits, and if it ever goes on steam. Most of the CRPGers either already said their thoughts on the game, or are waiting for the US release.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't think there is/was huge hype for this. Coming out in Europe first did not do the game favors. It seems like it's a lot better than the first and I am definitely interested though.

Bog

Junior Ace
Maybe it's been posted, but it's $39.99 the week of 1/30 at K-Mart, plus you get some DLC weapon.

Akai

Wait a second, the PC version is coming out two weeks later than on consoles? Any actual reasoning behind this?

Helznicht

Bog said:
Maybe it's been posted, but it's $39.99 the week of 1/30 at K-Mart, plus you get some DLC weapon.

Thanks Bog, I know where Ill be Sunday. But, doesnt it come out tomorrow? Where are the US reviews (specially the console versions)

Median

Just as a heads up, when I started playing the 360 version yesterday the HUD was cut off at the sides. I had to turn on something along the lines of "Use Safe Area In Interface" in order to fix it.

My local EB had already started selling the game for whatever reason, I was pretty surprised. He claimed something about Southpeak letting them sell the game because the PS3 and PC versions weren't going to make the street date, but I think he may have been confused with the Euro launch. Weird.

Scott said:
Awesome, thanks.

Edit: wow, sounds a little more involved than I thought.

1-30 Two Worlds II $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)

* CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
* Free DLC Weapon: "BattleHammer of Kroll"
o 60 Bludgeoning Damage
o 20% increased Strength
o To get the code you must purchase Two Worlds II and email me at Josh.deane@searshc.com with your receipt number and I'll provide you a unique code. Why? Because the stores always have a tough time with this type of thing.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
dak1dsk1 said:
Josh Deane has the easiest job in the world.
I hope you're being facetious. Have you seen some of the idiots the dude puts up with on CAG?

I'm considering this game. I've always wanted to really dig into a game like Oblivion, and this sounds like it's a lot more focused and short, so I think I might be able to do it. I'm also considering it as a b-day gift for my friend who adores Bethesda & Bioware style RPGs. It seems like we both may enjoy this. I'm eagerly anticipating more feedback on the game this week.

EXGN

Finally got my copy of the Euro version, sunk about an hour into it. Initial impressions are similar to other Gaffers - pretty graphics, solid gameplay, lame writing/story.

Haven't really played a RPG like this since Oblivion or Demon's Souls, and there are definitely some aspects I like. In particular, the archery seems fun, I love marking multiple targets ala Red Dead.

Also, thank god for one-hit assassinations - as an assassin in the Oblivion, there was nothing worse than having to hack other players to bits while you were supposed to be assassinating them quietly.

DaBuddaDa said:
Amazon has the PC release set to Feb 28th, and Gamestop has it Feb 8th :(

I called gamestop and they said there was a delay of the 360 version and it wont be until the 4th Feb, despite me preordering it months ago

so I ordered from amazon release date shipping earlier today - though I have no idea if they had enough time to get me that withrout hiring a helicopter

seat

Why is there a lack of reviews for this game from US gaming sites? Is there an embargo, or do they just not care?

Top Bottom