• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Jinaar

EXGN said:
Haven't really played a RPG like this since Oblivion or Demon's Souls, and there are definitely some aspects I like. In particular, the archery seems fun, I love marking multiple targets ala Red Dead.

Excellent...

erwhO.gif

cleveridea said:
I called gamestop and they said there was a delay of the 360 version and it wont be until the 4th Feb, despite me preordering it months ago

so I ordered from amazon release date shipping earlier today - though I have no idea if they had enough time to get me that withrout hiring a helicopter

ok today went and picked up dead space 2, and they had two worlds 2 in after all. so bought it for code, and have amazon one coming in mail today. one will be returned (evil laugh)

Karak

I can say that, having beat this twice already, I got it through proxy from Europe I simply adore the game. I can't believe how many enjoyable moments one game has given me.

Its got hardcore bits, casual bits, amazing GFX(at times) and enemies that can 1 shot you if your not careful. Love it!

I picked up the PS3 version during my lunch break at my local gamestop just now.

I was watching some videos online last night of the PS3 version and the game just looks so amazing (I'm sure the PC version puts it to shame but it still looked good). I was watching some guy run around killing raptors and when he went over a hill and saw the ocean I knew I wanted to play this game.

I'm going in pretty much blind, but I do want to know - do enemies level with you or do they stay the same?

FYI the back of the box says 3gigs of space is needed in case anyone wants to know

HamPster PamPster said:
I picked up the PS3 version during my lunch break at my local gamestop just now.

I was watching some videos online last night of the PS3 version and the game just looks so amazing (I'm sure the PC version puts it to shame but it still looked good). I was watching some guy run around killing raptors and when he went over a hill and saw the ocean I knew I wanted to play this game.

I'm going in pretty much blind, but I do want to know - do enemies level with you or do they stay the same?

FYI the back of the box says 3gigs of space is needed in case anyone wants to know

Wait wait wait... so it's out in North America?

Really enjoyed this Joystiq review - Click

Can't wait to get this from Gamefly tomorrow. It seems worth a purchase from its sheer depth, but I'm waiting for a Steam release.

BarrenMind said:
Really enjoyed this Joystiq review - Click

Can't wait to get this from Gamefly tomorrow. It seems worth a purchase from its sheer depth, but I'm waiting for a Steam release.

"Very well. I'm convinced. Now please, get up off your knees. We're prepared to go three stars, Two Worlds 2. Congratulations."

"Wow, that's really flattering. But I'd love to get that up a little higher ... did I mention my spell crafting is actually called DEMONS or Dynamic Enchantment, Magic, Occultism and Necromancy System?"

"...Don't press your luck."

:LOL I love when games have silly stuff like that

Ricker

Just got it for the 360...compared to the first,framerate wise,it`s perfect now,very smooth 30 FPS but there is a lot screen tearing,clipping and some weird transition in and out of the cut scenes...overall though,I liked the whole intro to the game,the direction is pretty nice and the graphics look pretty good on the 360...so far so good.

I went to Best Buy today looking for it and they had a huge section for it but no games in. Did the game get delayed for the 360 or something? I doubt they would of sold out of almost 2 rows of shelf space because they had plenty of Dead Space 2 left.

can anyone comment on the ps3 version? does that have screen tearing like the 360 one?

still liking the 360 anyway, huge improvement over the prior game. some great looking character models in this game.

taking me a while to get used to the crafting and armor system. is there like a total armor rating anywhere? is everything in that first inventory screen that shows health/mana?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
samus4ever said:
I went to Best Buy today looking for it and they had a huge section for it but no games in. Did the game get delayed for the 360 or something? I doubt they would of sold out of almost 2 rows of shelf space because they had plenty of Dead Space 2 left.

I saw a copy of the Xbox 360 version today. I live in Canada, though.

rSpooky

Got my two ps3 copies today , and have been playing multi player with my wife all evening. This is great fun, though it took us a bit to figure out how the gameplay works, since we haven't touched single player yet, which I assume explains the game mechanics more. Game sure looks pretty at times , especially environments.

cleveridea said:
can anyone comment on the ps3 version? does that have screen tearing like the 360 one?

logged about four hours into the PS3 version tonight.

It's beautiful. Textures are crisp, and I haven't noticed any screen tearing at all. Fairly smooth frame rate, with my only gripe being maybe a little too much motion blur. Otherwise it's fine.

Digging the atmosphere. Hit level 5, pooling most of my skill points into the Assassin skills. Problem is now I'm a piss-poor fighter. :/ Going to have to either abandon the assassin skills to focus on fighting skills, or make a new guy catered to combat.

Loudninja

disappeared said:

It's beautiful. Textures are crisp, and I haven't noticed any screen tearing at all. Fairly smooth frame rate, with my only gripe being maybe a little too much motion blur. Otherwise it's fine.

Digging the atmosphere. Hit level 5, pooling most of my skill points into the Assassin skills. Problem is now I'm a piss-poor fighter. :/ Going to have to either abandon the assassin skills to focus on fighting skills, or make a new guy catered to combat.
Sounds great cant wait to get my copy :)

matmanx1

Just spent a couple hours with the 360 version on rent to see if I wanted to actually spend money for the PC version when it hits NA in a couple of weeks. The answer is "yes, I do!"

The animation has some jankiness to it but I'm liking most everything else. I definitely want to play more of this game even though I need to stop now and go to bed. So unexpectedly fun!

This game had such a weird launch.

- Delayed
- Weeks before launch a CE was announced
- 360 version was street dated
- PS3 version arrived today
- CE won't arrive for another week

matmanx1 said:
Just spent a couple hours with the 360 version on rent to see if I wanted to actually spend money for the PC version when it hits NA in a couple of weeks. The answer is "yes, I do!"

The animation has some jankiness to it but I'm liking most everything else. I definitely want to play more of this game even though I need to stop now and go to bed. So unexpectedly fun!

Yep, it really is looking like a game I'll gladly invest 40+ hours into. I made a second character tonight focusing entirely on melee. The first guy; I'm trying to play him as a rogue (backstabs whenever possible), but so far the game isn't presenting very many rogue/thief-type opportunities yet (save for lock-picking). I want to know if - eventually - I can break into peoples' houses at night. Thus far I'm still looking for the Thievery skillbook, so there's hope to thief shit up. Sooooo many locked doors...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Square Triangle said:
This game had such a weird launch.

- Delayed
- Weeks before launch a CE was announced
- 360 version was street dated
- PS3 version arrived today
- CE won't arrive for another week

Had legal troubles in NA..

So happy it's out tho...

Helznicht

Pros:

Crafting System - Seems deep with allowance for experimentaiton. Books could have some starter recipies however, to get you going. Can brealk down trash loot into components to feed the need.

Character Development - Seems to be just about perfect, not to complex, but still with depth. You have total control over how your character develops his skills. Kinda wish crafting skill points was seperate from combat, but thats nit-picky. When you are making hard choices on where to put those points every level, you know they got it right.

Spell Creation System - On surface seems deep and rewarding, lots of experimentation available, tells you when you need to up the skills to get different combos.

Quest Log - Outline stacked, easy to read, and is tied to the map at your request.

Maps - Clean, detailed, zooms in and out, almost everything is mapped, perfect.

Exploration - Lots to see and poke around in, I like the teleport system, kinda wish monsters had a challenge rating of sorts, but, NO WORLD LEVELING UP WITH YOU! nuff said. Getting 1 shotted by a new fiend is fun and trying to find a way past such obstacles is a joy.

Loot - (2) Worlds better than Oblivion, even only so far into the game. Trash loot can be used in crafting system. Its not Diablo or Sacred, but seems great for a game like this.

Melee Combat - Fun & Exciting, have power moves, and DUAL WIELD!

Backstab - IS AWESOME!

Cons:

Graphics - Low Res and Pixeled, hardly any color, very dull looking. Framerate drops and tearing common. Poor use of motion blur and DOF, looks bad IMO. Non Humans & monsters look good, humans look poor and low res for whatever reason. There is more detail in the world than Oblivion, but the muted colors and low res take away from package.

Magic Combat - LAGGY! Takes a second or two for the spell animation to load if you have not cast in a bit, costing you valuable time when your getting rushed. Will install to HD tonight to see that helps. Why use face buttons to change your active spell and use trigger to execute, could have just let the face button press cast the spell.

Ranged Combat - Seems clumsy, hard to explain, setting up a multi shot is a series of trigger and shoulder button presses. Cant imagine ever becoming "good" at it.

Voice Acting - Eww.

Loading and Cutscene performance - Jittery, abrupt starts and stops, feels very unprofesional.

Menus - Inventory and such on clear backgrounds with the game world showing though make it REALLY hard to see your stuff. Pulling up menu pauses game, and you can begin crafting in the middle of a fight, seems lame.

BeeDog

Can someone please tell me if the end-game holds up? Too many of these wRPG's fall apart during the later stages of the game, and I want to know if this game is the same. Does the good first impression of the game hold all the way through? Thanks.

c2morg

Invade you guys missed them, the "pre order" codes:

Anathros Sword. 6770-8976-1634-9490
Axe. 1775-3623-3298-1928
Dragon Armor 4149-3083-9823-6545
Elexorie 3542-3274-8350-6064
Hammer. 6231-1890-4345-5988
Lucienda Sword. 9122-5287-3591-0927
Scroll. 6972-5760-7685-8477

Just hit start during the game and hit enter bonus code.

Macstorm

FateBreaker said:
I have a question for you fine folks - is Reality Pump the same development studio who made the first one?
They are not only the same development studio, it's the same staff. Seriously.

SouthPeak is just the publisher.

Seventy5

disappeared said:
I thought Southpeak was responsible for the first one, and this one too.
They published. Reality Pump developed both games. Glad to see people enjoying this. Hopefully that will mean some meaty multiplayer DLC, that mode is awesome.

wwm0nkey

I am really enjoying my 360 version, not having any game breaking or any really serious issues at all.

I do think they need to have a free DLC pack that adds the City lobby from the PC version.

Helznicht

rayner said:
Can anyone explain how Multi-arrow works?

I used it once from the prologue and now I have no idea how to use it?

360 version after cocked ans in sniper mode you have to hit the "Y" button to enter multi arrow mode.

PuMa

disappeared said:

You don't have to make a new guy if you don't want to. There's a character in the game who will allow you to respec for a small fee.

Hyphen

randomwab said:
I can't seem to find a solid release date for the UK. Anyone know when it's out?

February 4th is what I keep seeing.
The 'Royal' edition is being sold exclusively through Game. Release date for that is also currently February 4th...

US 360 version. Playing on 19' 720p TV and the screen in not fitting and dont know how to fix it. There is a text box in the bottom left of the screen that only shows partially and it seems to show some vital info but cant adjust the screen accordingly. I went to my system settings and its set to 720p widescreen via HDMI? Anybody got any ideas?

Edit - Figured it out. Setting is called "Use safe area in interface" Turn it on.

Random question if Reality Pump is the dev and SouthPeak is the publisher... then who is Tripwire?

Aren't they the Killing Floor devs and The Ball publisher? Where do they fit it? Their logo pops up at the beginning

Can't decide if I like the overuse of motion blur or not

Speevy

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out if this game is really good or just surprisingly not terrible.

I'll buy it based on that.

Dead

well not really...yet
c2morg said:
Invade you guys missed them, the "pre order" codes:

Anathros Sword. 6770-8976-1634-9490
Axe. 1775-3623-3298-1928
Dragon Armor 4149-3083-9823-6545
Elexorie 3542-3274-8350-6064
Hammer. 6231-1890-4345-5988
Lucienda Sword. 9122-5287-3591-0927
Scroll. 6972-5760-7685-8477

Just hit start during the game and hit enter bonus code.
surprised these actually worked, guess they aren't unique, thanks!

Top Bottom