• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

matmanx1

Did Europe get a Collector's Edition thingy like the Royal Edition NA is getting? If so, did anyone here get it and care to comment on it?

I see it at Topware's sight for $79.99 which doesn't seem like a bad deal for all the stuff but if the quality of the extras or packaging is crappy then I'll pass and just get the regular version instead.

And yes, my time with the 360 version definitely showed off some screen tearing. If the PS3 version doesn't tear then that's a solid point in it's favor.

orion434

Helznicht said:
360 version after cocked ans in sniper mode you have to hit the "Y" button to enter multi arrow mode.

I was doing this wrong... I would pull the draw-string, press Y to enter Multi-arrow then press LT to go into sniper. Thanx

Jinaar

Put down Dead Space 2 for an hour to play this game. Graphically, impressive! Combat, what little I got thru in the ingame tutorial portion was pretty good. Blocking needs time to grow on me as it isn't as good as Demon's Souls.

Only issue I have on the 360 is the screen tearing. Not as bad as Darksiders was last year pre-patch, but with it being there, it is noticeable and screen tearing has always affected my eyes somewhat in a negative way. A shame really, hopefully it gets patched but regardless, I will keep the 360 version and pass the game.

My character resembles Brad Pitt from Fight Club, facially. Everytime it gets to a voice acting sequence, I get shocked looking at the uncanny resemblance between the two. Now to find Edward Norton and fuck up his life....

koji

matmanx1 said:
Did Europe get a Collector's Edition thingy like the Royal Edition NA is getting? If so, did anyone here get it and care to comment on it?

I see it at Topware's sight for $79.99 which doesn't seem like a bad deal for all the stuff but if the quality of the extras or packaging is crappy then I'll pass and just get the regular version instead.

And yes, my time with the 360 version definitely showed off some screen tearing. If the PS3 version doesn't tear then that's a solid point in it's favor.

I've got it, opened it up, installed the game and never bothered looking at the CE again and now it's just taking up room with the other CE's... It's kinda worth it but in the end it's just extra junk in your gameroom.

Packaging is semi ok, it's a nice big box.

wow an online guide for free looks awesome, as it gives actual stats for skills like

Fire Strike
Can only be executed when holding the torch. Deals 55-100% of your Physical Damage as Fire Damage to an enemy.

This link takes you to the part of the guide that is non-walkthrough - be careful for spoilers in earlier pages, and on the right side of the screen that shows a table of contents.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/twoworldsii/guide.asp?ID=10195

Wow, my gf gave me this game last night for my birthday, and I was like "Um...I don't know if I'll like this..." and I told her I'd read the reviews and get back to her. Now, I feel bad for making her feel bad about getting this for me!

I have never really played fantasy games before. Is this the right one to start with?

wwm0nkey

Skiptastic said:
Wow, my gf gave me this game last night for my birthday, and I was like "Um...I don't know if I'll like this..." and I told her I'd read the reviews and get back to her. Now, I feel bad for making her feel bad about getting this for me!

I have never really played fantasy games before. Is this the right one to start with?
Its a fun game. The first one was utter trash but this one kicks ass.

wwm0nkey said:
Its a fun game. The first one was utter trash but this one kicks ass.

Would it be fun for someone whose RPG experience the past ten years is essentially limited to the BioWare (Mass Effect, KOTOR, JE) and Fallout games?

Skiptastic said:
Would it be fun for someone whose RPG experience the past ten years is essentially limited to the BioWare (Mass Effect, KOTOR, JE) and Fallout games?

yes, because emphasis is real time combat

story and voice acting is bad though, so its about the gameplay and exploring a huge world

vocab

Skiptastic said:

Yes.

cleveridea said:
story and voice acting is bad though, so its about the gameplay and exploring a huge world

Let's be honest, anything is better than Fallout 3 in that department. Bioware games are known for their dialogue, and voice acting. So expecting a euro dev with a smaller budget to nail that stuff properly won't happen. It really takes a lot to ruin a game through voice acting and story. From what I seen, this game is perfectly fine.

vocab said:
Yes.
Let's be honest, anything is better than Fallout 3 in that department. Bioware games are known for their dialogue, and voice acting. So expecting a euro dev with a smaller budget to nail that stuff properly won't happen. It really takes a lot to ruin a game through voice acting and story. From what I seen, this game is perfectly fine.

yeah I mean most video game stories are such trash that, to me, its irrelevant in an open world RPG. gameplay, skill trees, nice environments, combat system, cool varied enemies and strategies more important.

two worlds 2 is such an improvement over the original its amazing, a real gem IMO

Still very early but the magic and archery seems very underpowered compared to the melee. Thoughts?

Those skill points keep coming I don't want to travel down a upgrade path and get stuck. Is it better to be a jack of all trades or should I stick to one path and max out that? By the end of the game how close are you to maxing out everything?

I was reading online that putting points into strenght can improve your jump. Is this crackdown-lite?

HamPster PamPster said:
Still very early but the magic and archery seems very underpowered compared to the melee. Thoughts?

Those skill points keep coming I don't want to travel down a upgrade path and get stuck. Is it better to be a jack of all trades or should I stick to one path and max out that? By the end of the game how close are you to maxing out everything?

I was reading online that putting points into strenght can improve your jump. Is this crackdown-lite?

I think magic and archery is complementary. Its wasteful of mana IMO to not cast SOME kind of magic. Summoning in particular is a no brainer for a melee fighter. remember there are weapons sets so its easy to swap between melee and magic or archery using dpad.

similary, archery lets you do stuff at range like slow down an enemy and damage them without being hit in return.

makes sense melee is so powerful - it has the limitation of being short range only versus archery and magic.

wwm0nkey

HamPster PamPster said:

Necromacer+Decay+Summon=RAPE!

Mudo

Any ideas on how the consoles fare graphically compared to PC yet? I REALLY want to play this game badly but it looks like I have to wait til 2/8 to get it anywhere on PC :/

edit: I can't spell

Helznicht

Installed to the HD yesterday and it does seem to help with the loading, even the magic animation loading (but is still there and is frustrating).

I feel Melee seems advantaged over archery and magic due to them being situational due to thier nature. Melee can excel in all situations. Magic and Archery take preperation (the right spell, lining up a shot, interuptions).

I do feel if you concentrate on specific type of magic element, it will be the single highest damage output in the game and the best for bosses.

"Any ideas on how the consoles fair graphically compared to PC yet? I REALLY want to play this game badly but it looks like I have to wait til 2/8 to get it anywhere on PC :/"

Just 360 impressions, but I would definately wait for PC. PC shots and vids I have seen a way more impressive than my experience with the 360 version.

Helznicht said:
Just 360 impressions, but I would definately wait for PC. PC shots and vids I have seen a way more impressive than my experience with the 360 version.

this must be one of those rare instances where the ps3 version happens to look better, because I haven't seen one graphical oddity (besides pop-in here and there) that has left a bad impression. Textures are crazy high-res for a console game, good framerate, and none of this tearing business I'm hearing from the 360 build.

HamPster PamPster said:

I'm 100% archery, and it really sucked at first,but not I can pretty much one=shot everything. In hind sight, try to put a little in melee since it can take a while to wear down golems and statues.

Is it possible to eventually pick locked doors on houses? Pisses me off that there isn't an option when I'm standing in front of a door with the red lock symbol on it.

edit: by the looks of it, no. :(

Alucrid

Banned
AkuMifune said:
In what way?

I've been on the lookout for a new game for my brother and I to play co-op, and we tend to prefer RPG's. This looks like the one.

Well, when you get into the world there's so much to do and it's just so...vast. I go on a quest and then I stop to go in a dungeon, go in said dungeon, do some stuff, head out, go finish the quest, which puts me on a quest to another place which gives me more quests when I still haven't finished the previous ones, etc. etc. It's just a lot of stuff to be able to do at the very start.

Dead

well not really...yet
Im currently in the city right near Hatmandor, and at this point Im really loving the game. Once you get over the level 10 hurdle the game really starts to hit its stride.

One gripe though...the horse controls...are HORRIBLE :lol

Dead said:
Im currently in the city right near Hatmandor, and at this point Im really loving the game. Once you get over the level 10 hurdle the game really starts to hit its stride.

One gripe though...the horse controls...are HORRIBLE :lol

Jerry's ghost continues to haunt us.

I just picked this up and it's AMAZING how much better it is that the first one..still not perfect, but I'm enjoying it. One thing that's bothering me though...is there a way to change it so your character is focused on the left side of the screen instead of the right? ALA Red Dead Redemption, MGS4 etc...where you can click a stick or something to shift your characters position on the screen. It's really kinda dampening my enjoyment of the game..

Helznicht said:
What difficulty is everyone playing on? I started on hard and Im getting it handed to me at every turn.

Stay on hard. It gets rather easy once you have a powerful weapon and put some points on your skills. I found normal to be no challenge at all after a while and i'm really not a hardcore gamer.

Macstorm

Any tips for a mage? I started off fine, but getting into chapter 2 I can't help but feel a little underpowered. Friend is doing 500-1000 damage with his melee character while I'm hitting for only 150ish per spell. Need more damage modifiers? I've been pouring points into willpower and into fire and necro mastery.

putarorex

I really want to play this game but I am waiting for a patch for the gimped euro xbox 360 version I bought in the import section at a shop in Akihabara. The game crashes every time it loads part of Hatmandor. I have grinded out most of the other content on the main island and can't progress the game.

I tempted to just by a different version (I read somewhere that the US/UK versions don't have the problem).

Hawk269

Helznicht said:
Installed to the HD yesterday and it does seem to help with the loading, even the magic animation loading (but is still there and is frustrating).

I feel Melee seems advantaged over archery and magic due to them being situational due to thier nature. Melee can excel in all situations. Magic and Archery take preperation (the right spell, lining up a shot, interuptions).

I do feel if you concentrate on specific type of magic element, it will be the single highest damage output in the game and the best for bosses.

"Any ideas on how the consoles fair graphically compared to PC yet? I REALLY want to play this game badly but it looks like I have to wait til 2/8 to get it anywhere on PC :/"

I have both the 360 and PC version and the PC version is just so much better. I was also waiting till release date until I went to "twoworlds2.com" and they had a store, created an account, downloaded it from the site and now I am playing the english version of the game without waiting for the game to come out here. After tax it was about 2 bucks cheaper with the currency exchange rate. Definately something those wanting the game for the PC Now should look into.

There is also a Gold Patch which fixes and adds a ton of stuff to the game as well including dx10 mode.

Game is getting ridiculously good. The atmosphere, gaf, good lord. This is a game that downright encourages walking, everywhere. I was just walking down a path and some trees overhanging created a little tunnel. The sun was setting ahead. Just surreal.

wwm0nkey

disappeared said:
Game is getting ridiculously good. The atmosphere, gaf, good lord. This is a game that downright encourages walking, everywhere. I was just walking down a path and some trees overhanging created a little tunnel. The sun was setting ahead. Just surreal.
The caves in this game look godly amazing.

Hyphen

disappeared said:

That's great, because I normally walk, take my time to take everything in with games like these.
By the way, disappeared, appreciate the PS3 impressions. Thanks!

Dennis

Banned
disappeared said:
I don't know you but I now know that I like you.

Top Bottom