• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Mudo

Hawk269 said:
I have both the 360 and PC version and the PC version is just so much better. I was also waiting till release date until I went to "twoworlds2.com" and they had a store, created an account, downloaded it from the site and now I am playing the english version of the game without waiting for the game to come out here. After tax it was about 2 bucks cheaper with the currency exchange rate. Definately something those wanting the game for the PC Now should look into.

There is also a Gold Patch which fixes and adds a ton of stuff to the game as well including dx10 mode.

Is this the exact same game we are getting in the US soon? I am about to buy it but don't want to if it presents patching or other issues down the line.

rSpooky

Annoying Old Party Man said:
Sorry to ask, but does this game perform well on 360/ps3?
It looks great on the PS3, performs well.

I am really having a good time with this playing coop with my wife. She made a spell the casts fireball and added a tweak that adds in random objects, so we try it out and there is junk littered all over the place during battle, scores of barrels, spiky balls, crates etc. Just appearing out of thin air , pelting the mob and then litter around. Add to that her 6-8 skellies she summons, the mobs, me, arrows, spells, and other crap. At times it gives a slight slowdown at that point, but mostly it runs well.

And it is hilarious to boot.

Voice acting is comically bad tho.

rSpooky said:

I am really having a good time with this playing coop with my wife. She made a spell the casts fireball and added a tweak that adds in random objects, so we try it out and there is junk littered all over the place during battle, scores of barrels, spiky balls, crates etc. Just appearing out of thin air , pelting the mob and then litter around. Add to that her 6-8 skellies she summons, the mobs, me, arrows, spells, and other crap. At times it gives a slight slowdown at that point, but mostly it runs well.

can you confirm that there is zero tearing ie its v-synced? xbox 360 version tears - not deal-breaking bad, but especially noticeable in cutscenes

rSpooky

cleveridea said:
can you confirm that there is zero tearing ie its v-synced? xbox 360 version tears - not deal-breaking bad, but especially noticeable in cutscenes
I really am not sensitive for tearing to be honest, I will boot it up an look with a more critical eye if you want me too.

rSpooky said:
I really am not sensitive for tearing to be honest, I will boot it up an look with a more critical eye if you want me too.

yeah would really appreciate it, I have the royal edition preordered at gamestop

it comes out 1st feb, so I would like to switch it to ps3 if it lacks tearing.

rSpooky

cleveridea said:
yeah would really appreciate it, I have the royal edition preordered at gamestop

it comes out 1st feb, so I would like to switch it to ps3 if it lacks tearing.

Ok so I replayed the beginning , cause that leaves a first impression. I noticed pop-in/texture pop-in with some cut scenes indoors but less so when outside. During game play alot less, to none. they are very fast tho, unlike some other games i played.
Concerning tearing , I don't really see anything very obvious, when I thought I saw some it was gone already , but again I am not to sensitive to it. But yeah .. cutscenes were worse offenders for some reason especially in the beginning of the game.
But what I been reading about the tearing during gameplay in the 360 version i don't see anything like that in the ps3 version.
Just FYI.. there is alot of motion blur.. a tad to much for my liking, but I got used to it. The colors on my TV are great on my wifes pc monitor they are alot more muted (pale) so your experience could be different as well pending on the black levels/contrast/color correction of your display I guess. there are sometimes slight one second load stutters when you move through this huge environment..

Hope it helps..

rSpooky said:
Ok so I replayed the beginning , cause that leaves a first impression. I noticed pop-in/texture pop-in with some cut scenes indoors but less so when outside. During game play alot less, to none. they are very fast tho, unlike some other games i played.
Concerning tearing , I don't really see anything very obvious, when I thought I saw some it was gone already , but again I am not to sensitive to it. But yeah .. cutscenes were worse offenders for some reason especially in the beginning of the game.
But what I been reading about the tearing during gameplay in the 360 version i don't see anything like that in the ps3 version.
Just FYI.. there is alot of motion blur.. a tad to much for my liking, but I got used to it. The colors on my TV are great on my wifes pc monitor they are alot more muted (pale) so your experience could be different as well pending on the black levels/contrast/color correction of your display I guess. there are sometimes slight one second load stutters when you move through this huge environment..

Hope it helps..

thanks a lot for the info, sounds like I will change my preorder to the ps3 one. such a shame mainstream sites dont cover games like this, a eurogamer.net analysis would have been awesome.

rSpooky

cleveridea said:
thanks a lot for the info, sounds like I will change my preorder to the ps3 one. such a shame mainstream sites dont cover games like this, a eurogamer.net analysis would have been awesome.
Well, I say you have nothing to lose and only to gain.. because you know it is pretty bad on 360. Isn't being a multi platform gamer awesome :)

Don't yell at me for being blind if I am totally of on my analysis tho ;)
and ps. 3 GB install for ps3

green_focus

Hawk269 said:
I have both the 360 and PC version and the PC version is just so much better. I was also waiting till release date until I went to "twoworlds2.com" and they had a store, created an account, downloaded it from the site and now I am playing the english version of the game without waiting for the game to come out here. After tax it was about 2 bucks cheaper with the currency exchange rate. Definately something those wanting the game for the PC Now should look into.

There is also a Gold Patch which fixes and adds a ton of stuff to the game as well including dx10 mode.

Thank you for this information sir! Downloading now. Glad I`m not waiting.

Helznicht

Well after installing, changing TVs (now on a plasma 52") and adjusting some settings, it does look better on 360. But still tears, and doesnt feel 30 fps all the time. But its pretty minor.

My main gripe now is just the input lag. Starting to move takes a bit. Stopping takes a bit (I have actually run off cliffs because of this). Animations take a sec to load before activating the action (magic can be brutal here).

Still trying to decide if this is a buy for me.

rSpooky said:
Well, I say you have nothing to lose and only to gain.. because you know it is pretty bad on 360. Isn't being a multi platform gamer awesome :)

Don't yell at me for being blind if I am totally of on my analysis tho ;)
and ps. 3 GB install for ps3

ok this is weird, from german comparison perhaps ps3 one has less detail on distant items. if so, its a tough call - detail vs no-tearing. yeah multi-platform gaming sucks!

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2010/11/tw2_vergleich_5.jpg?fullsize

Above all the details in the distance were shut down for Sony's console and a blur-effect, responsible for the cover-up.

rSpooky

cleveridea said:
ok this is weird, from german comparison perhaps ps3 one has less detail on distant items. if so, its a tough call - detail vs no-tearing. yeah multi-platform gaming sucks!

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/original/2010/11/tw2_vergleich_5.jpg?fullsize

Above all the details in the distance were shut down for Sony's console and a blur-effect, responsible for the cover-up.
hmm. Well Like i said there is some blur, but the washed out look I don't have on my tv, but do on my wifes monitor

but tearing is something u were worried about isn't it?

Tailzo

rSpooky said:

So it has local co op?

rSpooky said:
hmm. Well Like i said there is some blur, but the washed out look I don't have on my tv, but do on my wifes monitor

but tearing is something u were worried about isn't it?

yeah hate tearing but OTOH have become more tolerant based on games like alan wake and fable 3

way prefer vsync over tearing, but if draw distance is substantially reduced then I would prefer moderate tearing over less detail

rSpooky

cleveridea said:
cool thanks. is dog not scared of vacuum? our dog is

She actually loves it and sticks her nose under the vacuum as I am trying to clean the furniture almost begging for me to vacuum her. I think that she sees it as attention. She is not the brightest dog out there, but she loves the kids and is a good dog for us :)

Drakken

Forgive my ignorance, as I never play PC games... if I buy this for PC and my brother buys it for Mac, will we be able to play together online?

rSpooky

Ok, so it took a bit , here are the pics.. no post the then cropping to focus on the screens itself. Sadly the camera changed the color/contrast somewhat from what I see and off course you see those crappy lines on the screen. But perhaps it gives you and idea. First this one is my wifes game on her monitor near a big city. The rest are pics from the TV.
DSC_8086.jpg

DSC_8082.jpg

DSC_8090.jpg

DSC_8095.jpg

Hawk269

Mudo said:
Is this the exact same game we are getting in the US soon? I am about to buy it but don't want to if it presents patching or other issues down the line.

Well, after I downloaded it, I had downloaded teh gold patch and there was another one that was released on 1/24. The U.S. version may have the Gold Patch in it, but not sure since that came out late in December. It wont have the 1/24 patch.

But it really does not matter. You do the following-

1. Download the game from the official site
2. Download the Gold Patch
3. Download the 1/24 Patch

Install the game, once this is done, click on the Gold Patch wherever you saved it and it runs itself, then run the 1/24 patch and you are done. The patches apply really fast, so there is no issues.

It's the same game, I even tested the online and the U.S. servers are already up and some people were in them.

Hawk269

For those with the console versions, please note that you have access to the Console Edit Tool. What this is, it allows you to enter cheats and other type of codes to improve the game. I don't condone cheat codes, but the codes to improve gameplay and some graphical tweaks is pretty good idea to do.

For example, when running, the game has blur built in, using the Console Command mode, you can enter a code that eliminates it. Other codes such as reducing fog in the distance, reducing DOF etc.

On the 360 to acceess the mode do the following:

Hold the RB & LB and keep them held
Press in this order the following----> Start, Up D-Dad, Start, Down D-Pad

You have to do this in-game and if done correctly you get a black box accross the screen to enter the commands. If you have a chat pad for the 360 you can just enter them, if not, hit "X" and the on-screen keyboard comes up. Here are a few commands, again these are just graphical commnads, there are cheat ones you can find (I wont post them) as I heard it can turn achievements off. Before anyone asks, yes these are official tweaks and no it wont ruin anything.

One other note, you do have to enter these every time you load your game to play. So once you shut down the system and you begin to play again you have to re-enter the codes. I also advise that you enter these after you get out of the "intro" area of the game since you will be outside and it is easier to tell what these are doing for you. But here are the most common ones that i have used myself.

To remove blur enter: engine.usedof 0
To remove blurrines when running: graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0 0 0.0
To remove the camera from wobblying when running: cam.bank.move 0

These also work for the PS3 version. The above made a big difference when playing the 360 version. There are alot of others as well, but those 3 are the ones that I have used and tested.

rSpooky

Hawk269 said:
For those with the console versions, please note that you have access to the Console Edit Tool. What this is, it allows you to enter cheats and other type of codes to improve the game. I don't condone cheat codes, but the codes to improve gameplay and some graphical tweaks is pretty good idea to do.

These also work for the PS3 version. The above made a big difference when playing the 360 version. There are alot of others as well, but those 3 are the ones that I have used and tested.

very cool, but the first one i cant get to work, no issues with the second one tho

wwm0nkey

Spirit of Jazz said:
How does this word exactly?
Build a town, get a stable economy and keep the people happy (by killing monsters). When you get things going its really good because you can just take the money you earn from your town.

Corto

Hawk269 said:

For example, when running, the game has blur built in, using the Console Command mode, you can enter a code that eliminates it. Other codes such as reducing fog in the distance, reducing DOF etc.

You have to do this in-game and if done correctly you get a black box accross the screen to enter the commands. If you have a chat pad for the 360 you can just enter them, if not, hit "X" and the on-screen keyboard comes up. Here are a few commands, again these are just graphical commnads, there are cheat ones you can find (I wont post them) as I heard it can turn achievements off. Before anyone asks, yes these are official tweaks and no it wont ruin anything.

One other note, you do have to enter these every time you load your game to play. So once you shut down the system and you begin to play again you have to re-enter the codes. I also advise that you enter these after you get out of the "intro" area of the game since you will be outside and it is easier to tell what these are doing for you. But here are the most common ones that i have used myself.

Do you have a link for those?

Corto said:
Do you have a link for those?

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=38152

Incidentally, to use these on PS3 the code is a little different from the 360 one posted above - you have to (from the main menu) HOLD L1 & R1 then while still holding press, SELECT, D-PAD LEFT, SELECT, D-PAD RIGHT which brings up the on-screen keyboard.

Here's the one's that had the most noticeable effects for me;

cam.bank.move 0 - reduces camera wobble
engine.bloommultiplier 0 - turns off bloom
engine.edgeaablend 0 - forces AA on objects
engine.mblurscale 0 - turns off motion blur
engine.usedof 0 - remove DOF
graph.enablefog 0 - removes fog
graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0 0 0.0 - remove fast running motion blur

The PS3/360 versions have console commands? Incredible. :)

edit: I found the code for removing the HUD, but is it possible to just remove the mini inventory in the bottom-middle? It's my one gripe with the HUD. Map and health/mana don't bother me.

rSpooky said:
Ok, so it took a bit , here are the pics.. no post the then cropping to focus on the screens itself. Sadly the camera changed the color/contrast somewhat from what I see and off course you see those crappy lines on the screen. But perhaps it gives you and idea. First this one is my wifes game on her monitor near a big city. The rest are pics from the TV.

wow nice shots, looks really great. is that 1080p?

Hawk269 said:

wow crazy

have u tried both ps3 and xbox and have preference?

and do those suggestions above improve framerate? remove tearing?

Corto

Bootaaay said:

Incidentally, to use these on PS3 the code is a little different from the 360 one posted above - you have to (from the main menu) HOLD L1 & R1 then while still holding press, SELECT, D-PAD LEFT, SELECT, D-PAD RIGHT which brings up the on-screen keyboard.

Thank you! Now to find a PS3 copy in Europe at a reasonable price among the clusterfuck of releases that this game had.

Hawk269

cleveridea said:
wow crazy

have u tried both ps3 and xbox and have preference?

and do those suggestions above improve framerate? remove tearing?

I tried all 3 versions, I had the PC and 360 and a friend had the PS3. Overall, I would rate them in this order

PC - By a long shot
360/PS3 - Almost tied

Not a big difference in the 2. Overall image quality playing on the same TV and same settings, I give the IQ to the 360 version, tearing is the same on both. I think the reason the 360 IQ is a bit better is that it has a longer draw distance than the Ps3 version, not too much, but to me noticeable. But they are very close to each other.

Using the command line and turning some of the motion blur off, turning the fog off improves both alot.

If you have a PC remotely close to the recommended settings get that version. It truly is leaps and bounds better than the console versions, but like the console versions there are some stuff like the fog, motion blur and depth of field that should be turned off or lowered through the command line.

And no, none of the settings to improve IQ improved framerate or tearing that I could tell. To me the framerate on the console versions is not too bad,

Hawk269 said:
I tried all 3 versions, I had the PC and 360 and a friend had the PS3. Overall, I would rate them in this order

PC - By a long shot
360/PS3 - Almost tied

Not a big difference in the 2. Overall image quality playing on the same TV and same settings, I give the IQ to the 360 version, tearing is the same on both. I think the reason the 360 IQ is a bit better is that it has a longer draw distance than the Ps3 version, not too much, but to me noticeable. But they are very close to each other.

Using the command line and turning some of the motion blur off, turning the fog off improves both alot.

If you have a PC remotely close to the recommended settings get that version. It truly is leaps and bounds better than the console versions, but like the console versions there are some stuff like the fog, motion blur and depth of field that should be turned off or lowered through the command line.

And no, none of the settings to improve IQ improved framerate or tearing that I could tell. To me the framerate on the console versions is not too bad,

Thanks very useful info. sadly my quad core 920, GTX260 recently broke so console only for me. sad panda.

Bootaaay said:

Hmmm... I can't get these working. I do the code at the title screen, type in the command via the keyboard, hit Start, load my game, and nothing. :/

Hawk269

disappeared said:
Hmmm... I can't get these working. I do the code at the title screen, type in the command via the keyboard, hit Start, load my game, and nothing. :/

Do it again after you load the game. Basically, it is best to do it in-game. I also noticed it will not work in multiplayer, but if you load your single player game, do the code, exit the game then go to MP it carries over the settings.

Since my buddy took my 360 version can someone test (Ps3 or 360) the following for me and the other users here?

After you load your game and you enter one of the codes, go back into the command line and hit up on the D-pad. On the pc verion using a 360 controller, it saved the commands. So when I play the PC version, I just do the button thing to call up the command line, then I hit up on the d-pad and each press up is the last commands i typed, so all I do is hit up, then "A" to apply them without having to re-type them in all the time. I am just wondering if the 360 version/Ps3 version does the same as this would save EVERYONE some time.

rSpooky

cleveridea said:
wow nice shots, looks really great. is that 1080p?
srry for the late reply.. nope just good 'ol 720 p ;) go vizio.. (well except for the first shot, which was from her pc monitor which has hdmi input)

wow. Incredible about the console working on the console version.

And being able to change such in depth graphics settings.. so weird!

Probably won't mess with it but it might be nice to have incase you get stuck somewhere or a glitch threatens to screw up your progress.

Bethesda should have had a "rescue mode" for Fallout 3/NV when you'd get stuck in shit in the environment.

eosos

Banned
Alright, I'm playing the game on the PC. It's fun and all but whenever I play there is a white outline around parts of the characters. Especially near the faces. It's real weird. Any tips on how to get rid of it? I've installed the latest drivers and everything.

Hawk269

SonOfABeep said:
wow. Incredible about the console working on the console version.

And being able to change such in depth graphics settings.. so weird!

Probably won't mess with it but it might be nice to have incase you get stuck somewhere or a glitch threatens to screw up your progress.

Bethesda should have had a "rescue mode" for Fallout 3/NV when you'd get stuck in shit in the environment.

Well if anything, use the motion blur one, the fog one and the camera swaying one. You will really appreciate the difference.

You just made my day. I liked the look of the game on the PS3, but the motion blur as you turned the camera is SOOO overdone. It was just bothersome as hell. Being able to adjust/remove it is fantastic!

Hawk269

Futurevoid said:
God it works too. THANK GOD. Motion blur is gone.

Yeah, when I first found out about it I was very suprised that it actually worked and it does make a really big difference. I wish they would add this to the settings menu and it would save it for you, then we would not have to input codes all the time.

They should take the top 3-5 ones and add them to the settings in a patch. I read a way to make a script on the PC, but I have not been able to get it work yet. Apparently, you type in all the commands you want into a txt file and they you can just loadthat file and all the settings will be implemented in one shot, but still waiting to here from the guy that claims it works (this is pc version).

Anyways, glad you guys are enjoying this and please spread the word as others would love to turn off some of these nasty filters and stuff they put in the game.

Hawk269

Since these are on the disks already, they all work. Enjoy...

Simply pause the game, and select Enter Bonus Code. Enter the following codes to unlock their respective items.

Anathros Sword: 6770-8976-1634-9490
Axe: 1775-3623-3298-1928
Dragon Armor: 4149-3083-9823-6545
Elexorie Two Handed Sword: 3542-3274-8350-6064
Hammer: 6231-1890-4345-5988
Lucienda Sword: 9122-5287-3591-0927
Scroll- Bonus Map: 6972-5760-7685-8477
Two Handed Hammer: 3654-0091-3399-0994

Top Bottom