• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

JoeBoy101

The PC version is not supposed to release in the US until February 28th, right? i ask because I checked out the Royal Collector's Edition for the PC on Amazon, and its getting shipped out from Topware in 2-3 business days. Not sure what's up with that.

Hawk269

JoeBoy101 said:
The PC version is not supposed to release in the US until February 28th, right? i ask because I checked out the Royal Collector's Edition for the PC on Amazon, and its getting shipped out from Topware in 2-3 business days. Not sure what's up with that.

Feb 8th is the U.S. release date for the PC version of the game, the regular version. I could not locate a release date for teh PC Royal Edition, Gamestop only lists the 360 Royal for 2/2. Gamestop does not even list the Royal Edition.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Finally you can tweak settings in a console game. this should be fucking mandatory due to piss poor frame rates we're getting.

Just finished the game. The end boss was so terrible. Not fun at all, and way too frustrating. It was a great game over all though.

Great song over the credits though.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
canadian crowe said:
Just finished the game. The end boss was so terrible. Not fun at all, and way too frustrating. It was a great game over all though.

Great song over the credits though.

Yeah I went through like 15 potions >_> The shooting mechanic was godawful

Portugeezer

This comes out the 4th in the UK(EU)?

subversus said:
Finally you can tweak settings in a console game. this should be fucking mandatory due to piss poor frame rates we're getting.
It's not the first game to do this, but what kind of things can you tweak?

EuropeOG said:
It's not the first game to do this, but what kind of things can you tweak?

Depth of field, motion blur, fogging, camera wobble, anti-aliasing - seems you have to enter the codes everytime you load up the game though, which is a bit of a pain (but well worth it, as I was often finding myself motion sick from the choppiness of the graphics).

Ricker

Worst Quest Log ever hehe...man this game needs getting use to,the interface is pretty much hit or miss,nothing is explained very well...for example,it shows switch equipment,you press that and your guy turns transparent,with only his boxer shorts on lol...I want to switch from bow to melee without having to go in the menu each time...also I have a Summon skill,but I don`t see where I can use it in the magic section of the menu,along with the modifiers and those 6 icons that surround your magic cards...you can only hot bar 2 spells?(playing on the 360)...I also don`t get the L stick,defense stance,it brings up 2 other function on the X and Y button when I do that but they are greyed out...like the first also,starting area might have some easy kills but you can easily aggro an Ant let`s say,that will kill you in one hit...still enjoying it though,just need to spend more time with it,gain a few levels and get use to the unusual gameplay and UI.

rSpooky

Ricker said:
Worst Quest Log ever hehe...man this game needs getting use to,the interface is pretty much hit or miss,nothing is explained very well...for example,it shows switch equipment,you press that and your guy turns transparent,with only his boxer shorts on lol...I want to switch from bow to melee without having to go in the menu each time...also I have a Summon skill,but I don`t see where I can use it in the magic section of the menu,along with the modifiers and those 6 icons that surround your magic cards...you can only hot bar 2 spells?(playing on the 360)...I also don`t get the L stick,defense stance,it brings up 2 other function on the X and Y button when I do that but they are greyed out...like the first also,starting area might have some easy kills but you can easily aggro an Ant let`s say,that will kill you in one hit...still enjoying it though,just need to spend more time with it,gain a few levels and get use to the unusual gameplay and UI.

to start with your dpad is used to make class/equipment shortcuts. Take some time to create a setup for each one. Then your guys wont be naked when you switch. This poses one problem however that when you go to sell, you have to switch outfits each time while in the shop mode to make sure you don't sell stuff you are using in other class/equipment outfits.
It only warns you about current equipped stuff.
To summon you need to create the spell by setting it in your spell amulet. You can use this amulet to adjust the properties of your spell as well.
Some of your skills might be greyed out because you still need to learn that skill .
R3 lets you quickly go into your potions etc and pick on or set it to a hotkey.
Check out the controller setup in options , read the limited manual and play at least the beginning of SP and combined you will be able to figure it out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've played about 4 hours of this so far and the improvement over the original cannot be overstated. Theres a bit of screen flicker and pop up when I play, every now and again the characters will get stuck in weird animation, but for the most part its put together well. I think the game looks good, the music is really well done, more atmospheric than LOTR type bombast. I think the voice acting is OK, not great but its a long long way from the VA in the original game, which was like a bad renaisance fair. If you like WRPGS, particularly the console offerings, can't go wrong here.

Portugeezer

Bootaaay said:
Depth of field, motion blur, fogging, camera wobble, anti-aliasing - seems you have to enter the codes everytime you load up the game though, which is a bit of a pain (but well worth it, as I was often finding myself motion sick from the choppiness of the graphics).
You can tweak the anti aliasing? Well that's definitely a first on a console for me.

Putting in the code sounds annoying though.

is there a way to tell how dangerous enemies are?

In the original, the name was color coded so u could tell if an enemy was way higher level than you. I didn't notice this feature in two worlds 2 - to my knowledge enemies always same color so wondered if was implemented in a different way.

Amazing game and huge improvement over original.

Helznicht

OK, big improvment with the console commands, all my graphical complaints are gone. Bought it from Kmart today for $40. Guy had to put in a special code to get it for that price, but I got it.

eshwaaz

Helznicht said:
OK, big improvment with the console commands, all my graphical complaints are gone. Bought it from Kmart today for $40. Guy had to put in a special code to get it for that price, but I got it.
Bought it a K-Mart as well; glad to hear the console commands are so beneficial. 360 or PS3 for you?

Seventy5

Hawk269 said:
Since these are on the disks already, they all work. Enjoy...

Simply pause the game, and select Enter Bonus Code. Enter the following codes to unlock their respective items.

Anathros Sword: 6770-8976-1634-9490
Axe: 1775-3623-3298-1928
Dragon Armor: 4149-3083-9823-6545
Elexorie Two Handed Sword: 3542-3274-8350-6064
Hammer: 6231-1890-4345-5988
Lucienda Sword: 9122-5287-3591-0927
Scroll- Bonus Map: 6972-5760-7685-8477
Two Handed Hammer: 3654-0091-3399-0994
Do you know if the bonus dungeon from the Gamestop preorder works? I imported my copy but I'd love to get that if it's possible.

Jerk

Banned
Three questions:

1)- Is the writing any good?

2)-Are the quests any good (no Kill X, fetch quests)?

3)-Can I create a female PC?

DrAndonuts said:
Just picked this up, not bad so far.

Anyone else think that the main character sounds like Trent from Daria?

I'm digging the main guy's voice. It's a mix of optimism and clearly doesn't give a fuck.

rSpooky

Jerk 2.0 said:
Three questions:

1)- Is the writing any good?

2)-Are the quests any good (no Kill X, fetch quests)?

3)-Can I create a female PC?
1 ) for Coop.a little average but Intriguing enough though. For single player the story is pretty good.
2) If you are willing to find them there are some good and unique quests to do ( off course you still have the usual kill/fetch as well, this is an rpg after all) Quests provide you with some degree of morality and choices effect factions as well.

3) You can but only for the coop/MP games. The SP is all male all the time.

keuja

Whaaat? Console commands and tweaking on PS3 and Xbox?? That's pretty amazing!!!

eosos said:
Alright, I'm playing the game on the PC. It's fun and all but whenever I play there is a white outline around parts of the characters. Especially near the faces. It's real weird. Any tips on how to get rid of it? I've installed the latest drivers and everything.

Do you have some forced settings in your Nvidia control panel, like forced AA? This might be the reason.

The console commands are really nice (especially removing the run wobble) but it's pretty inconvenient to have to do every time you play. I suppose this is like asking for a cherry on top of a sundae but it'd be nice to be able to save them somehow.

Helznicht

eshwaaz said:
Bought it a K-Mart as well; glad to hear the console commands are so beneficial. 360 or PS3 for you?

360, dumping the blur makes the framerate drops a bit more noticable, but they dont really bother me like the muddy graphics did.

I turned fog off and I set the dof to 15 and I can see the main continent from the orc starter island. lol.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah is this a first? I think it's awesome and wish more console games would let you tweak with settings this way.

Or they could just put these features in the graphics setting in the menu. Console commands should stay on PC. Anyways just picked this up for 40$ at kmart, what commands make the game look better (360 version) im guessing shutting off blur and fog. Anything else?

Dead

well not really...yet
disappeared said:
I'm digging the main guy's voice. It's a mix of optimism and clearly doesn't give a fuck.
More like 60% Doesn't give a fuck, 35% sarcasm, and 5% optimism

Just picked this up at Kmart with Mass Effect 2 for 69 total. Time to die to the world.

edit: Considering maybe keeping this or not, how does this compare to TES: oblivion?

xKilltheMx said:
Just picked this up at Kmart with Mass Effect 2 for 69 total. Time to die to the world.

edit: Considering maybe keeping this or not, how does this compare to TES: oblivion?

Imagine if Oblivion had a perfect third-person-perspective, properly scaled enemies, and some genuinely great role-playing.

Hey is there a way to look at a dead guy's stuff and decide what you want or do you always have to take all? Because I find that to be a bit of a pain, I have to drop a whole bunch of stuff every time. Thanks.

Alucrid

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Hey is there a way to look at a dead guy's stuff and decide what you want or do you always have to take all? Because I find that to be a bit of a pain, I have to drop a whole bunch of stuff every time. Thanks.

Press Y? Also, instead of dropping it break it down into components.

Also, I love how I'm still on the smaller continent after eight hours of gameplay.

Alucrid said:
Press Y? Also, instead of dropping it break it down into components.

Also, I love how I'm still on the smaller continent after eight hours of gameplay.
Pressing Y works sometimes (when the game opens all the items up on the left side of the screen). That's the way crates work. But with dead dudes all I get is a magnifying glass on them with the A button, and it takes everything without giving me a chance to look through it.

Alucrid

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Pressing Y works sometimes (when the game opens all the items up on the left side of the screen). That's the way crates work. But with dead dudes all I get is a magnifying glass on them with the A button, and it takes everything without giving me a chance to look through it.

Oh, good point. I forgot that the window only opens when your inventory is full.

Alucrid said:
Oh, good point. I forgot that the window only opens when your inventory is full.
Oh yeah that makes sense. Seems like a weird design decision but hey.

Hey can anyone remind me how to mark 2 targets with the bow? I forgot what the tutorial said and I can't figure it out.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So I got some hands on time with the 360 version today, other than the game being a little too linear (i was guided on a straight line the whole time) it wasn't half bad, at least a much better game than Risen or Gothic IV so far.

Alucrid

Banned
chandoog said:
So I got some hands on time with the 360 version today, other than the game being a little too linear (i was guided on a straight line the whole time) it wasn't half bad, at least a much better game than Risen or Gothic IV so far.

Are you talking about the opening? Then yeah. But after a bit, it throws you in there.

Oh, here's a question for anyone who has gotten further in the game.
How do I get to the island with the Mage's University on it? I need to get there for a quest, do I swim or is there a boat I can take, or maybe a quest that'll get me there?

Hawk269

Saren is Bad said:
Anyone have a recommended settings list on 360? (Talking about console commands)

Yes, here are the one I recommend.

Optional - Depending if you like these effects
Turn Bloom effect Off
Turn DOF Off
Turn Motion Blur

Recommended
Turn Fog Off
Turn Camera Bobbing Off
Turn Edge Blending AA

hey, this may have already been addressed, but this game has some serious overscan issue where the ui is cut off by the edges of my screen. none of my other games on the three-shitty or this teevee have the same problem; it's wholly specific to this game. is there an in-game setting to correct this?

Drinky Crow said:
hey, this may have already been addressed, but this game has some serious overscan issue where the ui is cut off by the edges of my screen. none of my other games on the three-shitty or this teevee have the same problem; it's wholly specific to this game. is there an in-game setting to correct this?
Here, try this:

"Go to:

Settings -> Graphics.

Then turn "safe area in interface" -> ON now press A. "

Taken from their official forums.

The far eastern part of the savannah starting island has miles of open grassy fields. It's relaxing just to run around through them.

This is easily one of the most engaging rpgs in a long time.

Jinaar

Still in the Savannah and now powerful enough to do the actual caverns that housed those large f'n scorpion humanoids that use to rip me apart.

As a warrior build, I just found out after play 5hrs into the game that while fighting, the A Button does a slash and bound back attack.

So I can press B for my massive shield demolishing attack, press RT for another attack, then A to attack and bounce away from my opponent, or block if I feel like it.

-----------------------------

The console commands for the 360 are a godsend! Fable 3 had migraine inducing motion blur and bloom. 2W2's ability to turn this off has made the game world infinitely better. I now notice the pop up in the distance but damn, I can live with that instead of tossing and turning on my living room floor due to the piercing pain Motion Blur and Bloom effects does to my brain. I'll deal with inputting them manually each time I play, its better then dealing with it on, that is for sure.

-----------------------------

So the environments get even way better then the Savannah? Damn. Savannah felt like I was a Tauren again running around the Barrens for the first time. Feels good killing the baboons after they throw their feces at me.

------------------------------

In the Savannah there is a village with Varn's in it in the South East side of the island, you'll know this one because it is at the end of the path
where you get the Trophy to carry back while doing the first Horse Race for Halim(sp?)
. I managed to pick a chest with the HeavenQuake 2hd axe in it. Nice little surprise that is for sure. It pays to kill the locals and steal from their chests.

------------------------------

EDIT: Just want to add how beautiful this game is. I remember viewing these 2W2 threads and seeing the water and the lighting effects and everything else and wondering to myself, can the 360 come even close to this? It can :) its so lovely. I take every opportunity to go swimming in the ocean when I can and adjust the camera to a top-down view. Itsssss so blue! Game is exactly what I have wanting for ages. I really want to try the Multiplayer out but I'm focusing on the SP first. Cannot wait to see what I can do with that Village MP part and the MP chapters. Uggg so much to do!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ricker said:

Nothing really unusual about the gameplay nor UI IMO.

Jinaar

Hawk269 said:
Yes, here are the one I recommend.

Turn Bloom effect Off
Turn DOF Off
Turn Motion Blur

Recommended
Turn Fog Off
Turn Camera Bobbing Off
Turn Edge Blending AA

Are these the commands for all these? I added another one I found. Just want to verify:

Turn Bloom effect Off - (Engine.BloomMultiplier 0)
Turn HDR Bloom Off - (engine.hdr 0)
Turn DOF Off - (Engine.UseDOF 0)
Turn Motion Blur Off - (graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0 0 0.0)

Recommended
Turn Fog Off - (??)
Turn Camera Bobbing Off - (cam.bank.move 0)
Turn Edge Blending AA - (engine.edgeaablend 0) (or 0.7 and 0.9)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I really, really love this game. I'm going with pure melee build and I'm up to level 8 now I think it is and just demolish Varns, doesn't matter how many are around. Still get torn up by those giant scorpions, though, which are fucking scary as all hell when you run into them in a cave.

I still haven't made it to the first major town yet, been doing board quests at the Mage Guild, even though I'm not doing magic at all.

Incidentally, for those that didn't know, you can pay to respec at the guy directly to the right of the Mage Guild teleporter.

So, how is the 360 port? I hear a lot of good things here for the PC version, but I thought it would be a terrible port. Are the graphics a lot worse? The reviews aren't that good, and although I do not pay much attention to them, I would like to know why.

Jinaar

I think the 360 looks awesome, personally. And if you do the console commands on it, it looks even better :)

If you have played other games like DA:O, Fable, any Unreal Engine game, Oblivion, etc, I think 2W2 just crushes them. Personal opinion. I'm shocked at how good it is on the 360.

Top Bottom