• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Ranger X

commish said:
MIGHT be too early? Uh....

Personally, I want to know which is better: Warcraft 7 or Starcraft 5.

Diablo 3 will also be better than Sacred 32 when it will come out in 2053.

Seriously, I will translate my question it seems. Wich of the two games I mentionned hype you the most? wich one give you the better impression so far?

wwm0nkey

Ranger X said:
Diablo 3 will also be better than Sacred 32 when it will come out in 2053.

Seriously, I will translate my question it seems. Wich of the two games I mentionned hype you the most? wich one give you the better impression so far?
Im hyped for Skyrim but im a bit worried it will end up more like Oblivion, cant really judge till I play it though :/

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ranger X said:
Might be early to judge since one game isn't out yet but what do you guys think the consensus will be?

2Worlds2 or Skyrim

To me this is the classic WRPG version of Alpha Protocol. A good, fun game with some very noticeable technical issues, though none quite game breaking. I'm in the city now working for Mr Mirage and there are a decent amount of quests to go on, overall, its been fun. Its still weird to get to an area you've been through before, and see dead bodies drop from the sky as its loading the area. Doesn't happen too often, but I crossed a Varn camp I had sacked earlier, saw two of them fall from the sky to rest at the points I had killed them.

If you're hungry for a decent WRPG and can't wait till DA2 (and who knows how that will be) then TWII is a good choice. Skyrim will probably be the better game, but I also liked console Oblivion.

jkanownik

I was stuck in a labyrinth for 30 minutes last night because there is no indoor map. There is no reason not to have an indoor map. I had no problem getting into the middle of the labyrinth, it was the getting out that was a problem. I tried following a single wall and they had set it up in a manner than that did not work.

After some research I now know there are clues to aid in navigating the labyrinths, but I wasn't figuring that out last night when I was tired and ready to stop playing for the night. Be forewarned that there is a huge jump in the difficulty of navigating the labyrinths starting with #7.

rSpooky

Futurevoid said:
Interesting, is the command any different? I can pull it off and get the command console to come up every time from the main menu, but cannot for the life of me get it to come up in-game. Even if I pause the game first. Wierd.

nope. are you holding down the triggers or the buttons though?
everthing else is just the start up start down.. or whatever it was.
1-1 conversion of the pattern if you will.

eshwaaz

I've been trying for 3 hours to find the fun in Two Worlds 2, but I have been unsuccessful. I love the idea of roaming around and exploring this huge world, but the game is just so unrefined and clunky and the combat is so horrid that I am constantly getting sucked out of the experience.

So far, the only value for me has been from the frequent moments of unintentional humor. The "two dudes in a horse costume" horse animation is priceless, and the utterly stiff gestures during dialog are almost as entertaining.

Any suggestions for making this game enjoyable? I'm not being facetious - I really do want to enjoy this game as I typically find this type of RPG appealing.

wwm0nkey

eshwaaz said:
I've been trying for 3 hours to find the fun in Two Worlds 2, but I have been unsuccessful. I love the idea of roaming around and exploring this huge world, but the game is just so unrefined and clunky and the combat is so horrid that I am constantly getting sucked out of the experience.

So far, the only value for me has been from the frequent moments of unintentional humor. The "two dudes in a horse costume" horse animation is priceless, and the utterly stiff gestures during dialog are almost as entertaining.

Any suggestions for making this game enjoyable?
I'm not being facetious - I really do want to enjoy this game as I typically find this type of RPG appealing.
Use magic, easily the best magic crafting system in a game.

Ricker

eshwaaz said:

Any suggestions for making this game enjoyable? I'm not being facetious - I really do want to enjoy this game as I typically find this type of RPG appealing.

Try using the bow for a while and if you want to melee,go one handed weapon at the start with no shield...I would suggest Magic also,but i`m still not sure how it works so I can`t say lol... I agree on the dialogue,they even make fun of the first game themselves at some point,there is a guy in a house in Hatmandor that talks like the hero of the first game and the replies are hilarious.

rSpooky said:
nope. are you holding down the triggers or the buttons though?
everthing else is just the start up start down.. or whatever it was.
...again are we talking the 360 or the PS3 version? The PS3 version requires you press and hold R1 and L1 (the front buttons) and then select, Dpad Left, Select, Dpad Right. I can initiate that every time from the main menu screen with your character. I cannot get the console command to come up in-game though. (just tried it again a little bit ago).

The start, up, start down is how it's performed on the 360 and that works for me.

rSpooky

Futurevoid said:
...again are we talking the 360 or the PS3 version? The PS3 version requires you press and hold R1 and L1 (the front buttons) and then select, Dpad Left, Select, Dpad Right. I can initiate that every time from the main menu screen with your character. I cannot get the console command to come up in-game though. (just tried it again a little bit ago).

The start, up, start down is how it's performed on the 360 and that works for me.

I use up and down on the ps3 ingame. while holding the R1/L1 buttons

rSpooky said:

Huh, that works for me too...

So on the PS3 it's;

Hold L1/R1, press select, d-pad left, select, d-pad right (from the main menu)

&

Hold L1/R1, press start, d-pad up, start, d-pad down (in-game)

What's the deal with shields anyway? When I have it equipped my dude doesn't even use it when I block with LT. Is it just a passive stat buff or something or am I doing it wrong?

Jinaar

I do not have any skills yet for the shield to help you with your question. I am finding with a 2hd Axe I can block/attack just as effectively as I can with a sword and board.

Maybe if you get swarmed, a shield can block more of those side attacks?

Anyone else?

Saty

WTF? The VG247 states the game sold 1 million copies when it was launched on PC in europe late last year. Any source for that figure? You would think we would have heard about such a figure.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Saty said:
WTF? The VG247 states the game sold 1 million copies when it was launched on PC in europe late last year. Any source for that figure? You would think we would have heard about such a figure.
There was a press release... A few weeks ago. I remember someone posting it here.

You're under-estimating the size of the PC Market in Europe, by the sounds of it.

rSpooky said:
Aha! I'll give it a try tonight. Curious to see if the left and right works on the 360's main menu as well. Something else to try this evening. Thanks for that!

yea, anybody else know what the deal is with the shields?? I have tried multiple shields but my character just doesn't want to use it during combat! Is it something you have to unlock in the skills set?

Bootaaay said:
Huh, that works for me too...

So on the PS3 it's;

Hold L1/R1, press select, d-pad left, select, d-pad right (from the main menu)

&

Hold L1/R1, press start, d-pad up, start, d-pad down (in-game)

Alright I got the in-game menu to work (PS3), and the mblurintensity 0 command got rid of the blur entirely. :D

Heh, sailing is a lot more complicated than I expected, but it's pretty satisfying adjusting the sails so you catch the wind, although tacking the boat when sailing into the wind is pretty difficult. Does anyone have any destination suggestions? I headed to that small island south of New Ashos, but everything else seems a pretty big distance away.

Bootaaay said:
Heh, sailing is a lot more complicated than I expected
If only the game used simpler mechanics.

2ep3uv5.jpg

:)

I'm still fairly early on, though I'm loving the Savannah.

Grisby

Picked this up tonight! Might be a bit before I get to it but these impressions got me excited. Is it that big of a leap of the first?

Also, how is the online fairing? For the 360?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
AliceInJam said:
yea, anybody else know what the deal is with the shields?? I have tried multiple shields but my character just doesn't want to use it during combat! Is it something you have to unlock in the skills set?

I'm fairly certain it is a skill you unlock, yes.

Man, I'm loving my pure melee build. I'm up to level 14 and have pumped a ridiculous amount of points into strength, plus I have armor and a ring that give +% to strength, couple all that with a killer katana-esque two-hander I found and I'm just mowing things down.

So here I was all pissed that I wasn't able to play a thief character because all the houses in the starting town (lol) were locked. I get to the first big city on the starting island and EVERY SINGLE HOUSE CAN BE BROKEN INTO.

This game just keeps on giving. :)

koji

Can you respec guys? Or do I have to start over?

Finally started the game, only scratched the surface but I've been having tons of fun, plays great with a controller on PC indeed! Welcome change of pace after months of SC2, I can actually pause this game. :)

Any news on native Skyrim controller support on PC btw?

Bootaaay said:
Heh, sailing is a lot more complicated than I expected, but it's pretty satisfying adjusting the sails so you catch the wind, although tacking the boat when sailing into the wind is pretty difficult. Does anyone have any destination suggestions? I headed to that small island south of New Ashos, but everything else seems a pretty big distance away.

Whoa. there's SAILING IN THIS GAME!? WTF

koji

Bootaaay said:
Yeah - there's an NPC at the mages guild in Hatmandor that will let you respec your skill points, for a price.

Ty!

wwm0nkey said:
Im pretty sure the sales from the US and Germany are enough to warrant a 3rd game, now it just needs to come to the rest of Europe.

It's already been released in continental Europe, together with the German version IIRC, I've got it for about 2 months (Belgium, English version, Royal Edition even)

It's just in the UK that it keeps on getting delayed now...

Lily

EuropeOG said:
That's the date that GAME had listed for a few days I've been checking. Gamespot said something else, Shopto said something else. I was getting confused.

Hopefully it's not delayed anymore.

Ermm i got some bad news..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-02-two-worlds-ii-uk-cargo-wrecked

A large portion of Two Worlds II stock has been "wrecked" on its journey from China to the UK, publisher TopWare has revealed to Eurogamer.

The result? Yet another delay - this time to 25th February.

Yesterday, Eurogamer brought you the news that Two Worlds II had been pushed back from a 4th February release to 18th February in the UK. And that was after a nudge from a 25th January launch to 4th February.

"We just received the container from China with the Collector's Edition and other components and they are wrecked," TopWare managing director James Seaman informed Eurogamer.

"Several components were just a total wreck and unacceptable for us to give out to our fans.

"We are printing some of these in Europe now and the boxes are being air freighted from China.

"Officially, launch is the 25th, and this is final.

"I cannot believe this but it is really happening!" he added.

Two Worlds II had, once upon a time, been an autumn 2010 title. In fact, Two Worlds II was an autumn 2010 title in mainland Europe, where many versions of the games packed a complimentary, fully-voiced English language option.

SouthPeak - then UK publisher of Two Worlds II - held back the launch to avoid a jam-packed autumn season.

i really wish i imported it now :(

Mudo

I need a little help. I got to the payment screen on the 2worlds website and was not sure what I needed so I didn't go through with it. Do I want the PC Download/License that cost 37.81 Euro? That translated to around $51 USD. Sorry for the newb question, I have never ordered from a non-US online store before.

Grisby

So, I started playing this last night and felt horribly cheated by the time I went to bed. However, after sleeping on the decision of returning the game or not I decided to give it another go.

It got better. The story and voice acting seems balls to the wall terrible and the combat is pretty clunky. I'm on the 360 and it seems like theres never a stable frame rate. Still, its got a charm to it and I really enjoy the art style. Theres some beautiful vistas and I enjoy how the game doesn't hold your hand that well.

Two questions though, can you still do quests after beating the main story and how long would a straight run take? Like little to no side quests.

Hawk269

Mudo said:
I need a little help. I got to the payment screen on the 2worlds website and was not sure what I needed so I didn't go through with it. Do I want the PC Download/License that cost 37.81 Euro? That translated to around $51 USD. Sorry for the newb question, I have never ordered from a non-US online store before.

Yup you are good to go man. You seleceted exactly what you need. Once you process it, you will get the link on the main page to download the game. It's about 3.8 gigs. Please note to write down the activation number as well which you will need.

Some other points in case you unsure: I sent an email to them to ensure that everything would be fine and they replied with a yes, but to ensure I purchase the ENGLISH version, which was an option before you get to the final payment screen.

Your total is exactly like mine, I think it was 51.81 when all said and done.

Lastly, download the Gold Patch and there is another one as well (the other one is really small.), they are both available on the twoworlds2.com site, with mirrors. I started to download once my game was about 75% done so I could have everything I need ready to go. Basically, download the game from the website, install the game. Then exit the game. Run the gold patch one first, then the 2nd and you are good to go.

If you have a graphics card that can do DX10, there is a DX10 version included with the GOld Patch. Just go to your TwoWorlds Directory and there are two .exe files, the regular two worlds 2 and the two worlds 2 dx10.

Have fun man. I cannot beleive I did not think about downloading it when it came out months ago, but at least now they have the gold patch and the other small one that fixes some of the issues they were having at launch.

Mudo

awesome - going to grab this damn game NOW! I've been cockteased enough in this thread. Thanks for the tips!!

Hawk269

Mudo said:
awesome - going to grab this damn game NOW! I've been cockteased enough in this thread. Thanks for the tips!!

Once you the game running, use the console commands that many of us have been talking about. Even on the PC, tehse commands make the game so much better. Especially the remove fog command. Night and day difference man.

BTW... Enjoy the game man, it is really great!

Oh man, I just fucking shipwrecked myself - I decided to sail to the big continent towards the top of the map, and after nearly 45 minutes of sailing into the wind I finally got there. However, there is a physics glitch that sometimes occurs when your player disembarks the boat - sometimes it'll just tip over, or move back a few meters, but in my case it launched itself into the air and landed 50 meters inland, pinioned between a rock and a tree. LOL. So now I'm stuck on this huge continent - I could use the personal teleport stone to take me back to New Ashos, but then my boat will remain forever stuck, so I've been wandering around for the past hour looking for a teleport somewhere near my crash site, but to no avail. Anyone have map?

Is there a comprehensive list of all the available cam and graph commands? I find it impossible for me to play without them now, and want to see if there are any other potentially cool things i can adjust to run smoother.

Loving the game.

Bootaaay said:
Oh man, I just fucking shipwrecked myself - I decided to sail to the big continent towards the top of the map, and after nearly 45 minutes of sailing into the wind I finally got there. However, there is a physics glitch that sometimes occurs when your player disembarks the boat - sometimes it'll just tip over, or move back a few meters, but in my case it launched itself into the air and landed 50 meters inland, pinioned between a rock and a tree. LOL. So now I'm stuck on this huge continent - I could use the personal teleport stone to take me back to New Ashos, but then my boat will remain forever stuck, so I've been wandering around for the past hour looking for a teleport somewhere near my crash site, but to no avail. Anyone have map?

LOST

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Not really seeing the complaints about the story or voice acting. Not quite as good as DA in the VA dept but the stories are standard fantasy fare. I just finished the Mirage story arc BTW.

Hawk269

From the moderator at the official forums:

Originally Posted by propheet
Guys, I received info from devs...

Unfortunately, devs say that this particular function (background blur) is not available for tweaking at the console input level on PS3.

Sorry!

Hawk269 said:
From the moderator at the official forums:

Originally Posted by propheet
Guys, I received info from devs...

Unfortunately, devs say that this particular function (background blur) is not available for tweaking at the console input level on PS3.

Sorry!

Any info on a patch (adding the options to the settings menu?)

Mudo

I played for about an hour just now and I must say that the game is STUNNINGLY beautiful on PC with maxed out settings. I used some tweaks here and there and then set a bunch of stuff through the DX10 options in the game menu. Wow.

Story seems generic fantasy so far.

I notice clipping of models' hands/capes/weapons quite a bit so far.

There is some lag from when you push forward and when you start moving - I'm not sure what I think of this as it's new to me (keyboard+mouse).

Music is very engrossing, I'm really digging it.

So the default "loot" button on PC seems to be the Space Bar. When I loot it just takes everything off the mob. Is there anyway to have it bring up a loot table I can choose things from?

I also notice that the GUI is huuuuuuuuge LOL it's crazy big and takes up most of the screen when you pull it up.

I'll post more impressions later as I get into the game some more. Glad I went ahead and picked this up!

Hawk269

Mudo said:
I played for about an hour just now and I must say that the game is STUNNINGLY beautiful on PC with maxed out settings. I used some tweaks here and there and then set a bunch of stuff through the DX10 options in the game menu. Wow.

Story seems generic fantasy so far.

I notice clipping of models' hands/capes/weapons quite a bit so far.

There is some lag from when you push forward and when you start moving - I'm not sure what I think of this as it's new to me (keyboard+mouse).

Music is very engrossing, I'm really digging it.

So the default "loot" button on PC seems to be the Space Bar. When I loot it just takes everything off the mob. Is there anyway to have it bring up a loot table I can choose things from?

I also notice that the GUI is huuuuuuuuge LOL it's crazy big and takes up most of the screen when you pull it up.

I'll post more impressions later as I get into the game some more. Glad I went ahead and picked this up!

So are you kicking yourself like I was when I realized I could have been playing this game for a while now if I had looked into purchasing a digital copy from the official web site?

I am glad DX10 is working for you ok. I have the new Nvidia 580 and there are issues with DX10 (any DX10 game) where it locks up 20-30min into games or things start to slow down (Driver issue is what most are thinking).

The biggest tweak is the Fog removal. Night and day man. I play the PC version with the 360 pad and it works great. For inventory items, in the UI menu there is an option to make icons smaller, it is definately worth it.

This game is so weird and I LOVE IT

Only wish is that I could turn off the VO and just leave subtitles on. I'd rather just read the text and not have to hear the actors. They're pretty bad.

Bootaaay said:

This kind of shit is why this game is awesome.

Failboat and all

Top Bottom