• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

chris-013

wwm0nkey said:
Ok im going to say this right now, the first
boss
is an ass! I highly recommend all of you upgrade your trap skill to at least 4 and lay down at least 30 bombs like I did :lol

Also not going to spoil it but the 2nd chapter area looks amazing! Such a different art style compared to the first area.

I feel the boss is a necroman ?

Trickster

wwm0nkey said:
Also not going to spoil it but the 2nd chapter area looks amazing! Such a different art style compared to the first area.

Sounds good, because as good as the engine is, I still can't help but find the desert look somewhat dull in the long run.

wwm0nkey

chris-013 said:
I feel the boss is a necroman ?
Its
something called a Reaper its basically a rape machine.

Trickster said:
Sounds good, because as good as the engine is, I still can't help but find the desert look somewhat dull in the long run.

If you want to know what the 2nd chapter area is, its
Japanese inspired

Dennis

Banned
brain_stew said:
Absolutely, bigger issue than lack of AA options, 30fps caps and restricted resolution support for me.

Games without proper AF look hideous in motion, its right up there with tearing as possibly the single ugliest visual artefact in games.
I hope you don't mean that people shouldn't get the game because of this because that would be flat out crazy. The lack of AF, or at least poorly implemented AF, is bad for sure but the game is still stunning.

Dennis

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
boss
is an ass! I highly recommend all of you upgrade your trap skill to at least 4 and lay down at least 30 bombs like I did :lol

Please tell me, with spoiler tags, where you got the Trap skill book.

wwm0nkey

DennisK4 said:
Please tell me, with spoiler tags, where you got the Trap skill book.
To be honest im pretty sure I just found it in someones house while stealing everything, think I was near the ocean? not too sure man

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
If anyone finds a working Crossfire profile please advise. The oblivion profile does not work as intended because it makes the game super bright & unnaturally bloomy.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Noob here, I've read up a bit but still don't seem to have a great understanding of how this game plays.

Can I sneak, steal and take multiple approaches to a given situation?

wwm0nkey

belvedere said:
Noob here, I've read up a bit but still don't seem to have a great understanding of how this game plays.

Can I sneak, steal and take multiple approaches to a given situation?
Yes you can.

Wallach

Screens are pretty nice considering the reports of how well it runs, though a lot are really cryin' out for some AF. Wonder what the deal with that is anyway, AF is usually not a problem.

I am curious if there is a way to reset my talent and/or attribute points using the console or whatever. (I am on PC) I say this because while i started the game wanting to be an assassin, this route is not very useful as i cannot assassinate animals or skeletons it appears? and alot of the time it is impossible to sneak up on people to assassinate them. I think a mage is the way to go for me now.

They definitely did a great job improving the game. Though, character animation is janky as hell, I'm still really impressed with the effort and really want to pick this one up eventually. For some reason, seeing the huge improvement from the first game gets me incredibly stoked for The Witcher 2. It seems like CDPro is taking a similar approach with a total revamp of the look/engine of the game.

Call me an asshole if I lie about not loving EuRPG's.

Dennis

Banned
arts&crafts said:
I am curious if there is a way to reset my talent and/or attribute points using the console or whatever. (I am on PC) I say this because while i started the game wanting to be an assassin, this route is not very useful as i cannot assassinate animals or skeletons it appears? and alot of the time it is impossible to sneak up on people to assassinate them. I think a mage is the way to go for me now.
It shouldn't matter. Just level up some and put those skills and ability points towards Mage-related things. The sneak and assassination skills will come in handy later - the game is loooong.

arts&crafts said:

There is a guy who calls himself a "soul cleaner" in a church like building right after Bayan when you're on your way to Hatmandor. For 500 or so he lets you "forget".

fizzelopeguss said:
he's got little arms as well.

Yeah seems strange you can increase the torso, leg and shoulder sizes, but not the arms. I just set everything to 10 and he looks like Thor with short arms. :D

Ceebs

Ok, I was looking through the PDF manual and I am not seeing any kind of guide for what all the icons on enemy nameplates mean. Did I just miss it or is it listed in the game?

Dennis

Banned
This game is almost intimidatingly immense. I am still just scratching the surface of the Savannah and have found caves and dungeons that I am not strong enough for and most of the Savannah is still unexplored.

And the whole Savannah is just a small island with a much larger area to the north. And to the west is another island.....

OH.MY.GOD

Alucrid

Banned
For anyone who has this, as soon as you start getting really badass armor post it. Loved the armor from Two Worlds. Oh, can you still dual wield swords?

Dennis

Banned
Alucrid said:
For anyone who has this, as soon as you start getting really badass armor post it. Loved the armor from Two Worlds. Oh, can you still dual wield swords?
Yes, you can dual wield.

Alucrid

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Yes, you can dual wield.

Yesss. Now 360 or PC. From all the games I've asked this for and have gotten for 360 I've always said "Shoulda gone PC." I think I'll go PC. I think.

wwm0nkey

Alucrid said:
The armor in this game is pretty much the same you got in the first :lol

Also yes you can, some weapons can be dual-wielded

Alucrid said:
Yesss. Now 360 or PC. From all the games I've asked this for and have gotten for 360 I've always said "Shoulda gone PC." I think I'll go PC. I think.

Dont think the PC has a super advantage here like in most games, they obviously optimized the engine a lot so it should run just as good on the 360.

Ceebs

Alucrid said:
They say they are releasing mod tools so at the very least you can expect better interface options than the default with the PC version. (The default is a straight up console interface and it's awful)

Alucrid

Banned
wwm0nkey said:

Dont think the PC has a super advantage here like in most games, they obviously optimized the engine a lot so it should run just as good on the 360.

Oh...shit. That means I can use my comfy couch. Hmmm.

1) how CPU heavy is this game? Mine sucks.

2) Is a pad better than mouse/kb for this particular game or is mouse still king?

Sorry for redundancy.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:

PC always has a super advantage graphically.

keuja

Lion Heart said:

2) Is a pad better than mouse/kb for this particular game or is mouse still king?

Sorry for redundancy.

Check out the benchmark

I find it more enjoyable to play the game with the controler, expecially with the native xbox controller support

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
1) How easy/difficult is it to jump into the story without knowing anything about TW1?

2) How linear/non-linear is the storyline & the game in general?

3) How is quest management? Is there a robust journal? Switching the "active" quest? Seeing the previous parts of the quest chain? etc.

Thanks in advance!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lion Heart said:

Sorry for redundancy.

I have a piece of shit 1.8GHZ Core 2 Duo. Game runs AMAZINGLY well.

bloke

wwm0nkey said:
boss

It's not that hard, you can kill it with regular weapon alone if you have leveled enough (I was at lvl22 plus had some warrior skills maxed), having hammer with stun effect did help too :D

http://i52.tinypic.com/2rc31fk.jpg <- spoilerific

And yeah game seems huge so far, took me 9 hours to go through starting island, but you can spend easily 20+ hours on it doing all subquests, and the next island according to map is 2.5 bigger :O...

Relix said:
I have a piece of shit 1.8GHZ Core 2 Duo. Game runs AMAZINGLY well.

Mines worse :p Decent graphics card and 2 gigs ram though! Not planning on playing high but would still like to experience this ga....GT5 brb

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lion Heart said:
Mines worse :p Decent graphics card and 2 gigs ram though! Not planning on playing high but would still like to experience this ga....GT5 brb

I have a 4870. It runs at nearly 60+FPS all of the time. 2 GBS of RAM too.

So does anyone have the 360 version and how does it stack up to the PC with performance and graphics. I've really wanted to play a game like this, but the combat in Oblivion was horrible and I can't really enjoy many games in first person, so I really hope the melee combat is more involved and more skill based than Oblivion.

nero2082

I need help in prologue lol. Playin on medium difficulty and I really wanted to check what's in that cave but damn 4+ mobs at once is too much for me (Im lvl2 they're 4) they're killing me with 1-2shots :lol is there a way to kill them?

this game is hardcore, at least in prologue

Dennis

Banned
blackmamba707 said:
I need help in prologue lol. Playin on medium difficulty and I really wanted to check what's in that cave but damn 4+ mobs at once is too much for me (Im lvl2 they're 4) they're killing me with 1-2shots :lol is there a way to kill them?

this game is hardcore, at least in prologue
I am pretty sure I know the cave you are talking about. You are not really expected to clear it out right now. You can always return later after gaining levels.

The game is like that. Some caves and dungeons you encounter are very hard/impossible at first.

Enemies that seem ridiculously tough gets much easier a few levels later.

Eyemus Lutt said:
So does anyone have the 360 version and how does it stack up to the PC with performance and graphics. I've really wanted to play a game like this, but the combat in Oblivion was horrible and I can't really enjoy many games in first person, so I really hope the melee combat is more involved and more skill based than Oblivion.

I haven't gotten to any combat yet but it's not 1st person, it's 3rd. And I don't see the 360 version looking this good to be honest, It will look great but I just don't see it pulling off some of the stuff I'm seeing at 1920x1200.

So I bit the bullet and bought it. This thread convinced me, which is saying alot because

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

I better be impressed Gaf

DaBuddaDa

Angelus Errare said:
So I bit the bullet and bought it. This thread convinced me, which is saying alot because

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

As much as TW2 is improved over the original, if you "hate" Oblivion, Risen and Gothic, chances are you aren't going to like this either...

Dennis

Banned
Angelus Errare said:

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

o...k...

Do you like WRPGs at all? :lol

keuja

Angelus Errare said:

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

Hmm so what open world RPG game do you like then? As it was said earlier, this game is more like a Gothic or Risen than Dragon Age for example.

Angelus Errare said:

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

That doesn't make sense why you'd buy this game. I mean, did you at least like Drakensang and The Witcher?

Shit, There is a huge thread about Starcraft II but I don't enjoy RTS so I didn't get it :lol

Top Bottom