• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Confidence Man said:
Fuck it, I'm ordering. Do you get the first version with no language specification from GamersGate or do you have to get the German one with the German proxy?

Get the non-specified one. That is the English SKU.

PolishQ

What's the basic plot of the game? Can someone give an example of a particularly interesting quest? I like what I'm hearing about the size of the gameworld and the graphics, but does the world have personality and are there interesting things to do beyond fighting monsters?

why did they name it Two Worlds II?

Not only is it a stupid name, it actually hurts the games chances of success. Two Worlds is not a good brand. Think of a better name, and launch it. A sequel to a game that was not well recieved is usually not a good idea.

I heard the first one was really poor?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Anyone wanna chime in about the plot? I read the game immediately follows TW1, which I never played for obvious reasons. Wondering if people new to the series (there will probably be many) will be lost or not.

Confidence Man said:
Fuck it, I'm ordering. Do you get the first version with no language specification from GamersGate or do you have to get the German one with the German proxy?

I clicked on the one without any language noted.

Vigilant Walrus said:
why did they name it Two Worlds II?

Not only is it a stupid name, it actually hurts the games chances of success. Two Worlds is not a good brand. Think of a better name, and launch it. A sequel to a game that was not well recieved is usually not a good idea.

I heard the first one was really poor?

Things can improve. It seems now the "Two Worlds" brand will be actually quite impressive and hopefully if this is as good as people say, I'll be looking forward to 3.

Plus, I think the people that even knew about Two Worlds 1 are in the minority. Anybody paying attention to reviews and such will look at the numbers and not the previous iteration (IMO of course).

This is exactly what I did. The first one I didn't buy for $19.99 when I saw it and here I am using proxy servers and a DD service I don't want to use to get it.

Dennis

Banned
Important question about the most important topic for any game: graphics

I don't think AF is working properly, the ground textures are often blurred in the distance. Actually not even that far from the character. Is it just me or does it seem that way to others?

So how comes this hasn't been released in the UK if it has had a EU launch and there's an English language option? Is it because the packaging has to be done for the US and UK markets simultaneously?

chris-013

DennisK4 said:
:O

there is a Mage Guild?

Jesus, must make sure not to miss that.....

There is a lot of guilds with a lot of quests. :p
I just finished the quest with the rune you talked earlier.
The giants scorpions are very tough but you don't need to kill them to loot the rune.

Randy

Game mechanics spoilers:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ik494j.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2m84e2r.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/b6zti9.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2iidhyd.jpg

Eye-candy:
http://i54.tinypic.com/242ylhk.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/dr8a6a.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/33kaz5i.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/x6kl0m.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zbw7ex.jpg

My lvl12-character:
24qrf9u.jpg

Dennis

Banned
OMFG - this game is huge!

I was looking at map thinking that Savannah was a good chunk of the main area....then I zomed out and saw that Savannah is just a small island and there is a gigantic land mass to the north......

Dennis

Banned
chris-013 said:
There is a lot of guilds with a lot of quests. :p
I just finished the quest with the rune you talked earlier.
The giants scorpions are very tough but you don't need to kill them to loot the rune.
What did you do about the Necris? They kill me in one blow.

Randy

DennisK4 said:

I don't think AF is working properly, the ground textures are often blurred in the distance. Actually not even that far from the character. Is it just me or does it seem that way to others?

I noticed the same thing. It's a shame, but probably necessary. Still can't believe it runs so smooth.

DennisK4 said:

It is the same for me, noticed it last night. I guess thats part of how it runs so well?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
WanderingWind said:
Ignore Gothic 4. It's more or less garbage. Dragon Age is a personal favorite of mine and is closer to Martin than this is. This is Morrowind 2010.

DA isnt Martin at all. I mean it desperately wants to be it, but its far to simple and juvenile.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
HK-47 said:
DA isnt Martin at all. I mean it desperately wants to be it, but its far to simple and juvenile.
The only thing that reminded me about Martin in the game was the Dwarf origin story.

FlyinJ said:
How do you enable vsync in an OpenGL game on an ATI board? I only see the option for GL Triple Buffering in the Catalyst Control Panel (which I have enabled, but screen tearing is still happening).
what about the vsync switch in the game? no work?

DennisK4 said:
OMFG - this game is huge!

I was looking at map thinking that Savannah was a good chunk of the main area....then I zomed out and saw that Savannah is just a small island and there is a gigantic land mass to the north......
haha yeah, just had this revelation earlier.

Trickster

DennisK4 said:
What did you do about the Necris? They kill me in one blow.

I only focused on getting my strength and hp up, at some point I reached critical mass and was able to beat one at a time. I use shield + 1 hand btw.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Dick Laurent said:
what about the vsync switch in the game? no work?

Nope.

I don't think in-game vsync works in any game on my 5770 box. I have to use D3DOverrider for every single one.

Which, of course, doesn't work with this game.

Speevy said:
I am shocked at how well this game appears to have turned out.

I guess bad developers can redeem themselves.
they already did with all the post-release support for twoworlds1. it's a really nice game aswell.

FlyinJ said:
Nope.
I don't think in-game vsync works in any game on my 5770 box. I have to use D3DOverrider for every single one.
Which, of course, doesn't work with this game.
ah ok. had a bit of a problem finding that option in there myself, so just had to make sure.

Okay, downloading now. I must admit I've been looking forward to this game for a while. Very pleased the 360 controller is fully compatible.
I got Gothic 4 recently and I kinda' liked it. It even looked pretty good, sometimes (terrible pop up though). But it was somewhat lacking elsewhere. I also got Divinity 2 but yet to start it! Is Two Worlds 2 superior to both? (Yeah, too late now anyways!) :lol

HK-47 said:

And DA had no incest. I mean come on?!

And is the lack of AF a dealbreaker? This game looks amazing and it's why I jumped through the hurdles to get it.

Ceebs

Dick Laurent said:
they already did with all the post-release support for twoworlds1. it's a really nice game aswell.
I think most of the bad press came from the 360 version of the game. I had always heard the PC version was at least competent if not great.

Dennis

Banned
For people who want to wait for the official NA release.....get Risen now!

Risen is -50% off on Steam.

What is Risen? It is the 2009 RPG GOTY. Just as Two Worlds II is the 2010 RPG GOTY.

Before TW II took the crown, Risen was the most beautiful RPG ever made. And probably the best exploration-RPG ever.

Want DAT DENSE FOLIAGE? Risen got it.

Ledsen

DennisK4 said:
For people who want to wait for the official NA release.....get Risen now!

Risen is -50% off on Steam.

What is Risen? It is the 2009 RPG GOTY. Just as Two Worlds II is the 2010 RPG GOTY.

Before TW II took the crown, Risen was the most beautiful RPG ever made. And probably the best exploration-RPG ever.

Want DAT DENSE FOLIAGE? Risen got it.

But Risen runs like shit on my i3 330m, 4 gb ram, HD5650m laptop :(

timkunedo

Buying this tonight. Hopefully will be up and playing this awesome game tomorrow night! :D
Sure to be my goty!

oh and yes.....Risen was/still is Amazing!

FlyinJ said:
How do you enable vsync in an OpenGL game on an ATI board? I only see the option for GL Triple Buffering in the Catalyst Control Panel (which I have enabled, but screen tearing is still happening).

The driver option applies to both D3D and OpenGL games.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
DennisK4 said:
Holy shit, Giant Ants!

"hey there little fellow, what kind of beastie are yo....arrghhg!!!"

*one blow kill*

Yeah no doubt. At least they are slow as fuck and easily kiteable with the bow.

So, about those Mage Guild quests... I did one, about a pet named Fluffy, that I was able to successfully complete. However, THAT'S IT! At level 9, the other quests feature caves full of hideous beings that kill me in 1 or 2 hits! Looks like I'm going to have to revisit those further down the road...

In other news, I can now take out groups of Varn with little effort, all from long range.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ridiculous how incredible this game looks yet it has not once ever dropped below 60 fps for me when I wasn't streaming. Gonna force some AA and AF in the control panel, see whats up.

Orgun

Wowzer, this was really made by the same dev as the first game? It's like night and day!

I've only encountered one bug so far, the first "vision" cut scene wouldn't play so I had to skip it and then watch it by finding the video file in the game directory :lol

Dennis

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Ridiculous how incredible this game looks yet it has not once ever dropped below 60 fps for me when I wasn't streaming. Gonna force some AA and AF in the control panel, see whats up.
Let me know if you find a way to force AF. The game isn't really jaggy for me at all but the blurry ground textures are an eyesore.

flyinpiranha said:
And is the lack of AF a dealbreaker?

Absolutely, bigger issue than lack of AA options, 30fps caps and restricted resolution support for me.

Games without proper AF look hideous in motion, its right up there with tearing as possibly the single ugliest visual artefact in games.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
OMFG! WOW!!

My Core 2 Duo 1.86, 2GB Ram and Radeon HD 4870 512MB can run this top notch. And I mean mostly 60FPS++ and only dropping to about 50 in some vast areas. It runs really freaking well. Wow. All at everything maxed, 1X AA (wut?) and 1600x1200. Very. Very surprised.

Oh, its fun. Animations are awkward and voice acting is not the best, but all of it is serviceable. Now if only I could get my 360 Controller Wireless adapter soon :lol

PD: I do get some screen tearing, but I can get triple buffer running. Thanks to Brain Stew. =P

chris-013

flyinpiranha said:
Like somebody asked earlier, is it linear?

No, open world !

What level are you DennisK4 ? I killed the necris at lv10-11.

WorriedCitizen did you find some weapon skill book for warrior ? I have 10,000 gold but not sure if I spend it on the book to learn the shield attack...

wwm0nkey

Ok im going to say this right now, the first
boss
is an ass! I highly recommend all of you upgrade your trap skill to at least 4 and lay down at least 30 bombs like I did :lol

Also not going to spoil it but the 2nd chapter area looks amazing! Such a different art style compared to the first area.

Top Bottom