• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Munin

Angelus Errare said:
So I bit the bullet and bought it. This thread convinced me, which is saying alot because

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

I better be impressed Gaf

Eh...

wwm0nkey said:
Dont think the PC has a super advantage here like in most games, they obviously optimized the engine a lot so it should run just as good on the 360.

Even if it doesn't have a "super advantage" its still the superior version for anyone with a bog standard C2D+8800GT rig, and available for cheaper.

Angelus Errare said:
So I bit the bullet and bought it. This thread convinced me, which is saying alot because

I hated Oblivion
I hated Risen
I hated TW1
I hated Gothic

I better be impressed Gaf

Good luck. I love all those games. :lol

Lion Heart said:
Shit thats awesome. I have a 4850 but like I said, I dont expect to play on max. I think I;ll buy it.

I'm on a 4850 and I'm pretty close to max, then again I've only played about an hour, haven't gotten to an 'open' area yet really.

So how are the horse controls? I thought "Jerry approved" was a reference to the glowing German reviews at first.

I'm looking forward to this more and more, but as a spoiled American PC gamer it's hard getting over the price.

nataku

If I bought this from GamersGate would I be able to do multiplayer with people in the US once it's released, or would the game try to force me to play with people in Europe?

Started playing this.

Seems like a great game till now. Playing with PC controls though.

Getting my ass kicked by what I guess are "elite" groms in the early part of the game, a bit lost. But thats common with me and expansive world RPGs.

Some screenshots:

SG9IH.jpg

PoRFK.jpg

JnJ84.jpg

Hmmm...I'm interested. I might hold out for a few months for a GOTY or ultimate edition, once any bugs are ironed out. Seems like a good turnaround from the first game though, I didn't expect it at all.

BeeDog

This game is certainly on my radar now, but I'll wait for more late-game impressions since I have a nasty feeling that this one may fall apart the further you go on. I really hope I'm wrong though.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Really enjoying the game so far. Actually some pretty funny/good dialogue too.

For some reason, doesn't run so good on my rig. I'm just able to get 30fps by lowering my res down to 800p and I've got a 4870x2 with a Q9550 OC'ed to 3.8GHz.

twoworlds22010-11-1122oa7v.png

Fredescu

chespace said:
For some reason, doesn't run so good on my rig. I'm just able to get 30fps by lowering my res down to 800p and I've got a 4870x2 with a Q9550 OC'ed to 3.8GHz.
Disable one of your GPU cores. Known issue.

Chespace, I think people have said turn off crossfire. I have just one 4870 and it runs at a beautiful 60 fps almost constantly.

I only played the demo but it seemed pretty good. It ran great on my machine and had damn good atmosphere. Haven't seen enough combat to really say much yet though. It seemed fun enough in the demo.

koji

Grmblz, looks like my PC Royal Edition is gonna be delayed again, should be able to pick it up in the store today... (in Belgium)
One of the reasons I don't like buying games retail anymore...

Mr_Brit

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
Dat blur.:lol

That's possibly the worst texture filtering I've ever seen in any game, ever! They better patch in some AF into this game as this completely ruins the look of any non foliage covered areas.

Hammer24 said:
Great times for EuroRPG lovers. Will get the game over the weekend.
Yeah, and I think europe is our last stand for rpgs where hand holding is set to a bar minimum. I don't play jrpgs anymore, I still play some wrpgs but I don't like where they are heading (ME2, DA2), well, mainly where BioWare is heading (Making the same game since KotOR with a new skin and more casual friendly).

Anyway TW2 is great, let's enjoy that. :D

Ledsen

flyinpiranha said:
That doesn't make sense why you'd buy this game. I mean, did you at least like Drakensang and The Witcher?

Shit, There is a huge thread about Starcraft II but I don't enjoy RTS so I didn't get it :lol

I don't either, but I did :lol played 1 mission so far, said "ok..." and put it on the shelf :lol

Naeblish

Spaulding said:
When the modding tools are released, the first thing that should be fixed is the animation of the bottom half of his legs, it makes running look utterly stupid.

dejay

Banned
Downloading now GAF - thanks for spending my cash! I was only getting Kinect this month but it looks soooo good - right up my ally. The Aussie dollar is so over valued right now it actually feels like a budget game!

Now, on the topic of cash, can anyone quickly recommend a decent bang for buck graphics card that will play this game on decent setting at 1680x1050. I have a reasonable PC but the graphics card is the weak point - I skimped a little a couple of years ago (8800 GTS but with only 320MB of RAM).

I haven't upgraded in a while, and it is time, but I don't want to spend hours looking at test graphs - I'd rather one of you do my hard work for me :D Any recommendations would be appreciated so I can whip down the shop tomorrow and upgrade. I'm also interested in things like Civ5 and maybe a bit of Crysis.

koji

dejay said:
Now, on the topic of cash, can anyone quickly recommend a decent bang for buck graphics card that will play this game on decent setting at 1680x1050. I have a reasonable PC but the graphics card is the weak point - I skimped a little a couple of years ago (8800 GTS but with only 320MB of RAM).

I haven't upgraded in a while, and it is time, but I don't want to spend hours looking at test graphs - I'd rather one of you do my hard work for me :D Any recommendations would be appreciated so I can whip down the shop tomorrow and upgrade. I'm also interested in things like Civ5 and maybe a bit of Crysis.

Nvidia GTX460 1gb or ATI 6870. Take your pick :)

Both around the same price, around €230 - 250 here. 460 is a bit cheaper, 6870 might be a bit more powerful.

Okay. Just finished downloading and installing and it's asking for a serial number. I can't see any fucking serial number. Am I being stupid here?
Edit: Okay, found it. It was on the web page. I went straight to bed when it was downloading so never saw it. Strange system they have...

dejay

Banned
koji said:
Nvidia GTX460 1gb or ATI 6870. Take your pick :)

Both around the same price, around €230 - 250 here. 460 is a bit cheaper, 6870 might be a bit more powerful.

Thanks for that - just had a quick look on my fav cheapy PC store's site and they're pretty good value.

(edit) aaaand ordered - picking up tomorrow. I love the smell of new hardware!

Now I'll leave this thread - I've only gotten brief impressions but no idea what the plot's about or where and when it's set (apart from mention of a savannah) so I'm looking forward to it.

Naeblish said:
So what difficulty do you guys recommend starting on? I like a good challenge, but it shouldn't be frustratingly hard.

Medium is hard enough for me. The game loves killing you when it feels like it. :lol

fanboi

Banned
Question time before I fail the Hive mind:

1) How big is the world?

2) Can I go anywhere?

3) Is there a lame level adjustment of the enemies that follow your level (ala Oblivion urgh)?

4) will it run good on:

C2D 3.18 ghz
ATI 4850 2GB
4 GB RAM

Ty!

Randy

fanboi said:
Question time before I fail the Hive mind:

1) How big is the world?

2) Can I go anywhere?

3) Is there a lame level adjustment of the enemies that follow your level (ala Oblivion urgh)?

4) will it run good on:

C2D 3.18 ghz
ATI 4850 2GB
4 GB RAM

Ty!

1) It's huge, and when I say huge, I mean HUGE.
2) Yep.
3) Nope.
4) Yep, very good.

Hard to recommend a difficulty at this point. There doesn't seem to be much enemy leveling if any. I play on medium. After the start i got my ass kicked by almost everything. Now at level 14 i feel quite comfortable with most enemies but i still encounter some that kill me with one hit.

At times i feel tempted to start over at hard but then i'm afraid boss enemies could get too frustrating. I guess hard is a good choice if you're good in games like God of War but i'm not.

pahamrick

Posted this in the other thread, but I'll throw it in here too.

For anyone running Crossfire, if you don't want to disable one of the GPU / Cards just use RadeonPro and use the Elder Scrolls IV crossfire profile. You'll get perfect crossfire performance with no visual glitches that I've seen so far (4+ hours of play with that setting.)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Relix said:
http://imgur.com/xy6Ho.jpg
http://imgur.com/eUQ16.jpg
http://imgur.com/4wZVT.jpg

And trust me I have a shitty rig.

1600x1200, all high, 1x AA, Triple Buffering enabled.
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.86GHZ
ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB
Vista Home Premium
2GB RAM
Waiting for 360 receiver.

This game is actually good :D
Impressive considering your weakass CPU :D. Wish Divinity 2 worked as nice on my HW (Pumps out around the same framerate with a C2D @ 3.16 and a HD5870)

Nice to see the devs make a good sequel to a lackluster game, might have to check this one out after I'm finished with the aforementioned game.

Anyway, why is it called Two Worlds? Do you travel to a parallell world at times or something?

wwm0nkey

Some crazy stuff here but apparently the PS3 release may be pulled in Europe due to a dispute between Sony.

EDIT: Oh also some nice info, the game is only running in DX9 mode right now, the next patch will allow for DX10/11 they where having problems with it a bit and held them back.

Top Bottom