• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TX State Senator leads 11 hour filibuster that successfully beats anti-abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

What needs to be done after they establish order to pass the bill? How much time after establishing order would it take to pass the bill? PINS AND NEEDLES Y'ALL

I want to thank all of you for calling attention to this tonight. I saw a quick blurb about it in the PoliGAF thread, but didn't think much about it. Now, I've been watching it for the last 2 hours. This has been fascinating and educational. Thank you.

If it wasn't for that Felicia Day tweet would have missed this.

This is amazing.

delirium

Doesn't the GOP literally understand how big of a story this is going to be? Even if they pass it, its going to be a Pyrrhic victory at the best.

Edit: God damn those Austinites make me feel proud. I wish I could have went down there myself.

IrishNinja

shit im late, what's all the clapping? did it work?
reading the last few pages...man how can grownups in elected positions of leadership act this way, fucking sad

There's no fucking way Texan Republicans will come out not looking like a major league asshole tomorrow.

still get reelected to "TAKE AMERICA BACK"

iammeiam

What needs to be done after they establish order to pass the bill? How much time after establishing order would it take to pass the bill? PINS AND NEEDLES Y'ALL
If I understand what happened correctly, he kicked off voting on the bill and this is interrupting it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Will this at least kill the other bills, giving them grief for putting abortion first or is it an omnibus package?

No, they were separate bills, which is why the Republicans had planned to withdraw this bill at 11:45 and vote on the other bills if it looked like the filibuster was going to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom