• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TX State Senator leads 11 hour filibuster that successfully beats anti-abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love knowing there's a vocal progressive presence in Texas. This is amazing to watch, even if the ending will just be a continuation of ass-backwards Republican bullshit.

bonercop

GokuChargingGenkiDama..png

You realize that would hurt the movement more than help it?

Nope.

Women need to come out and talk about it. They need to put faces to the choices made and the necessity it was in their life. It needs to become part of health care, not some shady shit you get done, pay completely out of pocket for and no one knows about.

Kemal86

Somehow this is going to pass tonight.

But hopefully what happened in that room will have importance going forward, beyond just this one bill.

Are you joking? You are proud of abortion? I've never heard anyone claim that they were pro-abortion, just pro-choice.

Abortion rights are tied to women's health in general.
Those with more lenient rules on abortion and those who give out free and low cost contraception have the lowest abortion rates. This is according to the World Health Organization study.

isoquant

I realise this has probably been explained in the past 20 pages, but it's hard to keep up: what happens if she makes it all the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom