• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOULaris

Considering an NFL playoff game will be on the same night, probably explains the "weaker" card.

I don't understand the "weak card" criticisms for this event. Aldo vs Mendes and Rumble vs Vitor are both gonna be great fights. On top of that, we have Paul Harris, Mike Pyle, and Sam Stout all fighting as well. Sounds pretty decent to me.

The UFC has put on FAR weaker cards.

Balehead

Yeah, Palhares' fight is the third interesting one on the MC for me. Every time exciting to see if his camp has managed to teach him the rules of the sport or not. Been in the UFC since 2008 and he still can't grasp the basics. Really impressive. Maybe he's been saving that first clean fight for Brazil.

UFC Rio tickets are available now on the Xbox app go go go!

How to Access UFC RIO on Xbox LIVE
• Navigate to the UFC on Xbox LIVE app through the Apps Hub or Video Hub in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard. Select the UFC app tile and press A.
• From the app main page, select the UFC RIO: Aldo vs. Mendes event tile. It is the large, upper-leftmost tile. Press A. Note: It is designated as “Not available for purchase,” but this will not apply to those previewing the event by invitation.
• Select HD or SD viewing option and press A.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
bsyo4.jpg

Apparently he's over 200. lmao
well they said Vitor would not fight him if he's over 205 tomorrow.

Heel

Etim vs. Barboza...so good.

Silva vs. Prater is a fun one too. Could've been Silva vs. Bahadurzada! :(

yacobod

Banned
Wait Rumble showed up to the weigh ins at 205#?
Did he think he was fighting Old Vitor.

Heel-I need the Heston GIF STAT!

yacobod

Banned
might have to change my fight prediction in light of this news from the crazy weigh in

Rumble must have thought he was fighting Ace Franklin in a catchweight fight LOL

alr1ght

Zero chance of even sniffing a title shot now. To be fair at the 197, he probably didn't even try to cut today knowing he would never make it anyways.

Balehead

So Rogan said he has to make weight at 205 tomorrow, doesn't that give him a huge advantage now that he's known it for days? No proper cutting while Belfort went down to 186.

Heel

I think Rumble wins even if he's on weight. Now it's a squash match. The only worry is he has to go into the fight dehydrated because he can't be over 205.

yacobod

Banned
Rumble must have some good ass steroids if he's put on that much muscle that he can't cut anymore water weight.

alr1ght

arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
If memory serves, "You're going to die." RT @sethkelly: Anybody have a clue what the crowd was chanting when AJ got on the scale? #UFCRio

stay classy Brazil.

yacobod

Banned
ok so does anybody know if Rumble actually cut weight and could only get down to 197#? Because if he cut weight and could only make 197#, there is no way he weighs 205# tomorrow after re-hydrating. and if he's gotta cut again tomorrow, that might effect his performance.

Rumble said:
I’m going to do some Bruce Lee stuff. I’m going to show him some stuff he ain’t seen before. Some combinations he’s not used to. I know he’s got some good guys in his camp. They’re not me. They can’t do the things that I do. They don’t know what I’m going to do. They’re not training like me. They don’t move like me.

I08s9.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
they should make a new division called rumbleweight which is just they find a guy at the weight rumble shows up at. they could just keep the whole bellator roster on retainer or something

Even if they let Rumble fight and cut his purse I dont see how he's gonna pull this off. He's gonna be exhausted and more importantly, dehydrated as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom