• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
we already knew MMA fighters were the least professional of all professional athletes, but how can you miss weight on almost every fight and by 12#, good god man.

how dumb is he and his entire training camp, did he not get on a scale recently. i don't understand how this kind of stuff is still happening.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iv6XZFAZjRzww.jpg

Heel

Did Aldo's face look different to anyone else? He looked really sucked in to me. Maybe I'm over-analyzing.

Heel

Maybe he's just slimmer and had an easier cut? Hard to say. Curious to see a comparison. Probably just imagining things.

iddqd

I wonder how hard he tried to get down.
He looked shredded..
Whatever it took out of him.. he is now barely able to put water back in because he cant get over 205..
Switches my pick from the hamburglar to the praying vitor

Centurion

Banned
Rumble will have to knock him out in the first round, or he's fucked. It's gonna be a crazy first round... If he can stay under 205 that is.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
there is no way 197 is rumbles cut weight. he will be absolutely fine tomorrow.

but dana should cut him anyways. 12 pounds is fucking dumb.

Breaking: UFC builds secret octagon elevator and escape tunnel for future champion Mendes

I was just thinking yesterday - could you imagine what happens if a gigantic national soccer stadium full of angry, drunk Brazilians witness Sonnen beating Silva?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
there's more free tix available on XBL. For those that have used it before, were you able to select the HD stream after having ordered the SD? For some reason it didn't like my connection so I just ordered the SD.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I was just thinking yesterday - could you imagine what happens if a gigantic national soccer stadium full of angry, drunk Brazilians witness Sonnen beating Silva?

I'd be more afraid for the judges tbh since the only way Sonnen beats Silva is via LNP decision.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Or even something like Mousasi-Lawal where Silva clearly does more damage but is unquestionably outpointed.

Instro

lol I just read about Johnson's weigh in, what a moron. Vitor will fuck him up either way, but it will be hilarious if he gets cut after this fight.

the crazy thing is Rumble still looks ripped, which explains why it would be so hard for him to make weight. He's probably got no more weight to lose. He should just fight at 205 and go to StrikeForce.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They let Rumble off the hook letting him weigh-in ~14 hours before the fight. I hope he wins just for the troll potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom