• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 152 |OT| Jones vs Belfort: Who Does God Love More?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not many fighters left to give Jones a run for his money except Hendo and Anderson. I think Belfort has a better chance than Shogun or Rampage ever had or will have. It was hilarious watching Jones beat Shogun up like a bully taking a kids lunch money.

yeah that's why i don't give this douche nozzle any more money. especially if the card doesn't interest me at all.

Biff

I'm legit considering turning down a free ticket to this shit show.

If it's a decent seat, I'll go to watch the return of future hall of famer Matt The Hammer Hamill. And if I get Uncle D's ear for a few seconds like I did last time, I'll tell him to cancel his health insurance plans for fighters.

Fun fact: Last time I got Dana's ear I told him Mayhem was an awesome pickup for the UFC, and that he's a great fighter. Whoops.

Haunted

I like this card.

0078_p7kra.gif
oh.

oh my.

Heel

Looking forward to Hettes vs. Brimage. Two of my favorite youngsters in the Ultimate and a classic style match up.

Have to give the edge to Hettes based on his ground game, but if Brimage keeps it standing we've got a certified scrap on our hands.

Gone are the days of exciting Jones, this is going straight to decision!
I think if Belfort doesn't win in 1st it goes to Jones decision. It is way too risky for him to try to finish, because if Vitor catches him he will have to start all over again in beating Tito's record.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
They shouldn't even need them though. The ref should have authority to deduct points in case of excessive stalling/inactivity/refusal to engage. Maybe he already does? I don't know.

They have the power to do so, but tend to not do it. Refs get enough flak without internet fanboys bitching at them, Joe Rogan screaming at them if they stood the fighters up and then the inevitable Dana Rage that follows anything that deviates from his grand schemes.

I think if Belfort doesn't win in 1st it goes to Jones decision. It is way too risky for him to try to finish, because if Vitor catches him he will have to start all over again in beating Tito's record.

If Vitor somehow manages to win, then Jones is on a first class ticket to fighting the loser of Davis/Prado on an FX prelim. Uncle Dana will rub that shit in.

Fairly solid card throughout in terms of matchups. Maybe not necessarily in terms of names, but regardless the reception for the card is indicative of why its pointless to stack a card (outside of being able to deal with injuries of course) as if people don't like the main event as much, it's going to be criticized.

Haha, that OP is amazing.

And you can count me firmly in the Vitor camp. He was the first mixed martial artist after Royce Gracie that I was instantly a fan of in the early days of the UFC, and he has remained humble, respectful, and talented despite years of both personal and professional disappointments.

Jon Jones, on the other hand, is an insanely talented but arrogant youngster who needs to get knocked down a peg or two.

I hope Vitor puts Jones out by sometime in the third round. Just imagine if Machida beats Henderson, and then we'd have Machida vs Vitor! Who wouldn't want to see that fight?
lol, wtf is this shit?

He's humble because he *was* humbled. Repeatedly. I'd say his level of humility is right in line with where it should be for an underachiever of his caliber.

Nah if Vitor wins there will probably be an instant rematch which Vitor will pull out of due to injury. If Bones wins he is most likely fighting the winner of Shogun/Gustaffson if he emerges healthy, Machida if that isn't the case. If Jones were to win that fight maybe he'd move to HW by that point.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The only real fight I want to see on this card is the Flyweight bout - I can't bring myself to buy a card for only one fight I want to watch... seems like I've been doing this a lot lately with UFC. Tough 2012 for the promotion.

Pimpwerx

lol, wtf is this shit?

He's humble because he *was* humbled. Repeatedly. I'd say his level of humility is right in line with where it should be for an underachiever of his caliber.

Besides, who the fuck wants to see a humble champion? Realtalk. Everyone like a cocky champion because they're easier to hate, and if you're a fan, easier to laugh with when they dance on their opponent's grave. Humble champs don't get press and don't build followings. PEACE.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd love for Vitor to win, but what does her offer Jones? Hand speed (not as fast as used to be) and power (powerful for a MW but surely not THAT much more powerful than a top LHW).

Jones is too slick, too intelligent, a fighter to get caught by Vitor trying to rush in and be aggressive and what does Vitor have to offer after that?

Jones will pick him apart with a couple well placed shots in the first round and then easily take Vitor down and GnP him to death. Easy win.

Bisping vs Stann is easily the most interesting fight on the card. I'm giving the edge to Bisping based on his performance against Sonnen.

Salih

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort
Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson
Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann
Matt Hamill vs Roger Hollett
Cub Swanson vs Charles Oliveira

decent card. most hyped for bisping-stann fight.

The only real fight I want to see on this card is the Flyweight bout - I can't bring myself to buy a card for only one fight I want to watch... seems like I've been doing this a lot lately with UFC. Tough 2012 for the promotion.
You should want to see the fights with Charles Oliveira and Jimy Hettes.

ldcommando

Banned
You should want to see the fights with Charles Oliveira and Jimy Hettes.

The aloe vera fight is the one I´m looking forward the most. Should be good.

In other news, brazilian media is reporting that vitor has to lose a couple of pounds do make the weight limit.

Fifty

Just got back from the weigh ins. To say that was the quietest reaction I've heard to a UFC title fight weigh in (Flyweights) is an understatement IMO. These guys need an absolutely great fight to gain any traction, and even then they still have a lot of work to do. Lots of comments in the crowd about these guys looking like little kids.

I feel bad for the majority of the crowd booing Jon Jones. I hope they didn't spend money on tickets, because they're going to be very disappointed tomorrow.

Just got back from the weigh ins. To say that was the quietest reaction I've heard to a UFC title fight weigh in (Flyweights) is an understatement IMO. These guys need an absolutely great fight to gain any traction, and even then they still have a lot of work to do. Lots of comments in the crowd about these guys looking like little kids.

I feel bad for the majority of the crowd booing Jon Jones. I hope they didn't spend money on tickets, because they're going to be very disappointed tomorrow.

Who did the Q and A beforehand? If I was still a fight club member I'd have gone

Dana is doing a hunt for UFC around the Gardens gogogogogo

There will be a ticket giveaway in 15 minutes near the maple leaf garden.. follow @danawhite and go near wherever someone would exit the arena if they were like a player or performer or something.

Fifty

I am a fight club member but I didn't want to go because it was Cain Velasquezzzz. As far as high profile fighters go, I can't think of a more boring possibility. Plus fight club members are usually troglodytes

Rather than get there at 1 and stay there for 3+ hours, I got there at 4:10 and had a fine view from the balcony.

edit: I'd rather not fight like crazy for something I don't really need. I have my tickets and that's just fine. My only hope is that whoever gets these tickets is a legit fan on a budget who needs them, and not a douchebag scalper or someone of the sort.

Not that the event is sold out anyway..it's doing quite poorly sales-wise it seems. Either they need to lower prices to that of a FOX card (where Ringside seats are 250/300, not 600) or they're overestimating us as an MMA market.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Sneaky Microsoft. One of the tiles on the Xbox Live Dashboard was a picture of Jon Jones and it said FREE UFC FIGHT. Selected it and it showed me the Jones v. Machida fight. :p

I am a fight club member but I didn't want to go because it was Cain Velasquezzzz. As far as high profile fighters go, I can't think of a more boring possibility. Plus fight club members are usually troglodytes

Rather than get there at 1 and stay there for 3+ hours, I got there at 4:10 and had a fine view from the balcony.

UFC 129 was good with all the champs being at Ricoh
UFC 140 was good with Mark Munoz........and me winning the backstage pass

I'm not going tomorrow nor watching the event on TV, I am going on a twitter/facebook/sports news blackout until I can watch a replay of it when I get home from my friend's jack and jill party, I'm kind of shocked that I didn't end up getting tickets

Dana White ‏@danawhite

Go to the statue near Sherman at Allens Gardens NOW for UFC 152 tickets! BE SAFE!!!!

Allens Gardens? Dana is being very random lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom