• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 152 |OT| Jones vs Belfort: Who Does God Love More?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk though, Mighty Mouse avoided engagement in that fight more than anyone this side of Carlos Conduit. It's not just lol midgets. Demetrius Johnson is just an evasive fighter, that's all. He will sap excitement out of the flyweight division just as Cruz has done in the bantamweight division. The 35s had good fights in WEC when Miguel Torres was running shit.

The flyweight fights are all at such a fast pass and can be enjoyable, but they lack that split second finish that can happen in every fight in higher weight classes. I watch a flyweight fight expecting it to go to round 5. They have cool high lights and athleticism but done give me that wow anything can happen factor.

Its ammusing that Dana is all for a 125 mens weight class but doesnt wanna do a womens division.

I'd much rather see one chick fight every UFC card than any 125 mens fight.

charsace

Jones just show vulnerability to the sub. Almost get subbed by Vitor? lol come on son. Silva would work him hard.

Vitor is a Carlson Gracie black belt. He wouldn't have got that belt if his ground game wasn't legit. Just because a guy doesn't go for subs doesn't mean he's not good on the ground.

And why do people keep saying Vitor had a better chance in the standup? He pulled guard when they were in the pocket because Jones was looking to clinch every time they were in the pocket. Yeah, Vitor looked good at the start of the pocket engagements, but you don't want Jones to clinch you up.

Vitor lost this fight in the 4th because he got too aggressive and ended up clinched, which is what he was avoiding all night by pulling guard.

Isn't UFC bigger than both WWE and boxing now? I don't know if getting rid of Dana will do anything. The company rose to prominence with him doing the same shtick. What they need to do is reduce the amount of ppvs so cards aren't so watered-down. However, his bosses probably have more of a say in that than he does. PEACE.

Bigger than boxing in what sense? There isn't a unfied Boxing league like there is with UFC. Boxing is niche, but the biggest boxing cards get a lot more mainstream attention and make more money than any UFC card.

Machida lost his chance. Dana will probably make him fight Hendo next while he gets his dream match of Bones v a completely undeserving Chael Sonnen.
i can't wait to see the look in Chael's eye after he tries his best power double and Jones underhooks him and tosses him aside. Knowing that he has nothing else to offer he immediately thinks:

huge-mistake.gif

Real talk though, Mighty Mouse avoided engagement in that fight more than anyone this side of Carlos Conduit. It's not just lol midgets. Demetrius Johnson is just an evasive fighter, that's all. He will sap excitement out of the flyweight division just as Cruz has done in the bantamweight division. The 35s had good fights in WEC when Miguel Torres was running shit.

Pretty much my feeling exactly.

Ive seen some amazing fights at 25 and 35... but the way these two fighters do their thing, it almost always guarantees a point style decision due to time spent on "evasive action".

I know Dana has to spew the BS: "If you didnt like that fight dont ever buy our PPVs again" but seriously I think the Boos were directed at MM and his style. He knows deep down that that type of fight will kill the sport.

EDIT: And I hate boos as much as the next guy. I love it when it goes to the ground and grappling ensues... but this type of "fighting" I can't embrace.

Arrogance is an exaggerated sense of one's own abilities.

Jon Jones is significantly better than everyone in his weight class. A weight class, full of legends, that was considered as either the best or second best before he *crushed* nearly every single one of them. At the age of 23. Where's the arrogance when it's true?

Jon Jones is significantly better than everyone in his weight class. A weight class, full of legends, that was considered as either the best or second best before he *crushed* nearly every single one of them. At the age of 23. Where's the arrogance when it's true?

He's 25.

charsace

Machida lost his chance. Dana will probably make him fight Hendo next while he gets his dream match of Bones v a completely undeserving Chael Sonnen.

If Dana is giving fights to anyone then he should give Tyrone ***** the next title shot. If ***** has a sprawl he would be hell for Jones. Or better yet Saki.

Why is ***** blocked?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

Even when he's bragging, he's being sincere

Bones is the shit, I love watching dominance as it happens.

Havent seen the video yet but i believe that Ed O'neill is BJJ black belt.
EDIT: yup they just said that, wow Ed beasted on Rener and Ryron when they were kids!

Peg: "Aaaaaaaalllll! Why don't you put me in an arm bar anymore?!?"
Al: "Because honey, your beard isn't as short as Jon Jones'"

**audience goes ape shit**

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
i can't wait to see the look in Chael's eye after he tries his best power double and Jones underhooks him and tosses him aside. Knowing that he has nothing else to offer he immediately thinks:

huge-mistake.gif

With the millions of dollars he'd make in a fight with Jones, I doubt he'd care. A fight with Jones is a fast buck before retirement for Chael.

JJD

Vitor said to a brazilian site that he instinctively released Jones arms after he felt a snap...

I call bullshit to that, if he could he would have ripped that arm off and claimed the victory.

I haven't seen the presser, maybe he said that there and the site is just reporting it.

Vitor said to a brazilian site that he instinctively released Jones arms after he felt a snap...

I call bullshit to that, if he could he would have ripped that arm off and claimed the victory.

I haven't seen the presser, maybe he said that there and the site is just reporting it.
The honorably humble Vitor Belfort, gentlemen.

agrajag

Banned
GAF is like the only place full of JBJ nuthuggers. Everywhere else he's hated, irl too. People at the bar were cheering for Vitor.

That's not what he said. He said he felt a snap and loosened his grip for a split second which gave JBJ a moment to get out of it. But he didn't let go. The possible nerve damage that Jones got in his arm is indicative that Vitor is telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom