• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 159 |OT| The Great White Hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

So what you're all saying is the 155 lb Miller can't hang with WEC and Strikeforce fighters. Have fun in "World Series of Fighting," sir.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Davis' wife is claiming he's a domestic violence perpetrator in divorce court and that his MMA training has made it worse, but none of the allegations mention being hit, only slams and chokes. Make of that what you will.

Either way, his mind may be elsewhere tonight so Vinny may snag a sub.

Fifty

As everyone predicted, two amazing grapplers = one shitty kickboxing match. I think they're booing because Vinny isn't doing anything and Phil is just controlling with the jab. It's not very entertaining.

Fifty

This win doesn't really tell us anything about Davis. He's still going to lose against a top-tier LHW who can actually strike. It's a win, but it's kind of a pointless one.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
That's an improvement in striking for Phil, but he needs to hire a better striking coach. For a such big dude, he doesn't know how to throw punches with power.

"I wouldn't say it motivated me, but I'd say it made me more focused and sharp"

So then it motivated you?

edit: Does the UFC make celebrities sign a contract stating that if they are shown on TV they have to throw pretend punches?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, Davis doesn't seem the type.

All his finishes in the UFC are by sub. Oh, you mean the allegations in general? He seems like a pretty good guy but you never can tell. Plus the Lloyd Irvin thing. I'd lean towards the partner playing on the thug MMA fighter stereotype for custody reasons, but the fact that the DV allegations basically consist of grapplefucking make me think there might be a grain of truth to them that she could just be exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom