• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 184 |OT| - Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

watching the post match conference now and Rousey seems alot . She seems alot more toned down and less abrasive than before ..

What about when Bobby Riggs lost.

Any potentinal betting shenanigans aside, and even putting aside stories that Riggs was overconfident and didn't train properly-

Billie Jean King was 29 and Bobby Riggs was 55 years old when they played. Riggs at 55 had previously destroyed the number one women's player, and an all time great, Margaret Court.

hwalker84

its pretty ridiculous how people don't understand that Ronda wouldn't beat 90% of guy fighters, and thats already being generous.

This is a whole nother ball park. If she fought 135 pound men the size, speed and strength difference would be massive. A few combos from a UFC male and it would be night night. Pure grappling matches I think her technique can overcome the strength on some cases.

Oscar

Dana ducking Cyborg hard.

Fight will probably never happen.

Long term steroid use = permanent gains. That shit ain't fair and I'll shill the UFC for ducking her. She shot herself in the foot. Everyone KNEW she was on some shit, but she got away with it for her entire career until she got popped.

BadAss2961

Long time steroid use does give permanent gains. She's too far gone to make 135.
You guys do realize that Cyborg is damn near 170lbs to Ronda's 135lb right? People are also aware of Cyborg's juicing habits right?

Seriously guys, seriously.
She weighed in at 144 the other night, and recently said that she's willing to try 135 specifically to fight in the UFC. Yet Dana hasn't talked to her, and is apparently in no rush at all.

I think people really underestimate how much of a "Tyson" type appeal Rousey has. Her fights are quick, but that's the draw. The masses aren't paying to see her go to war. They are paying to see her massacre someone in beautiful fashion. I have little doubt this PPV did 400k+ buys.

IKizzLE

She weighed in at 144 the other night, and recently said that she's willing to try 135 specifically to fight in the UFC. Yet Dana hasn't talked to her, and is apparently in no rush at all.

Well, if she makes 135, im sure itll happen.
But I want to see it first.

hwalker84

Lorenzo did. Her contract with invicta was written by zuffa. Rumor is her next two fights will be at 135.

scabro

I think some of you men are uncomfortable with the idea that there are women out there that could fuck dudes up.

There are. Ronda Rousey is one of them

theres lots of women that could fuck dudes up.

Ronda wouldn't even come close to beating to beating most other trained 135 pound ufc fighters though. You just sound kinda ignorant on how large the difference in strength and just mechanics of men vs women. Ronda is a beast and the best woman fighter of all time by a large margin, but fighting men is a whole different game. Its not sexism or insecurity, its a reality. There are examples in all other athletic competitions of highly trained female athletes at the top of their sport getting demolished by teenage boys. Its just a reality.

y2dvd

CornyGenuineDove.gif

Here's your main event guys!

I missed the ppv but that transition is beautiful.

I know it a heat of the moment and not thinking type of thing but damn, when you are fighting rhonda you should have it in your head that you need to have t-rex arms during all grappling exchanges.

Reaching your arm out like that to grab her head is just asking for trouble.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I knew that someone had posted a gif of the fight because Chrome stopped responding.

DominoKid

CornyGenuineDove.gif

Here's your main event guys!

lmao wtf is this stupid ass tiger knee at the beginning.

cat
U24MIgN.png

I think some of you men are uncomfortable with the idea that there are women out there that could fuck dudes up.

There are. Ronda Rousey is one of them

yeah she could fuck up the average dude off the street but she's not fucking up anybody who does this shit for a living. and we really don't need to see her get her shit bashed in to prove it.

These kinds of tests have never turned out good.

Its not even that to be frank

Let's just say it ever happened and you have Rousey or any female for that matter get into the octagon with a guy and it goes south. The last thing anyone ESPECIALLY Dana wants to see is a arena much less the PPV watchers losing their shit cheering on a male beating the everliving shit out of a female.

UFC would be sunk IMO.

theres lots of women that could fuck dudes up.

Ronda wouldn't even come close to beating to beating most other trained 135 pound ufc fighters though. You just sound kinda ignorant on how large the difference in strength and just mechanics of men vs women. Ronda is a beast and the best woman fighter of all time by a large margin, but fighting men is a whole different game. Its not sexism or insecurity, its a reality. There are examples in all other athletic competitions of highly trained female athletes at the top of their sport getting demolished by teenage boys. Its just a reality.

No I don't.

I never said she could beat a top 10 male 135. She cant no way in fuck.

I stand buy theres some low level scrubs that she could probably sub in the UFC. 100%.

I mean have any of you guys been watching any of these fight pass / international cards and not just PPVs?

There is fucking ground game on display equal to my local gym I go to.

Ronda would sub out every single male fighter from TUF China.

Assuming victory at this point?

When someone is as dominant as Ronda has been her entire career while also still improving, betting against her with any opponent would be foolish. Cyborg is no exception.

Only way you can stop her is to get the female equivalent of Jon Jones; Someone who is tall and lanky, and can keep her at bay with strikes, and stuff her takedowns.

Sara McMann was throwing strikes and Ronda just ate them to close the distance. Then Sara was able to stop her takedowns and all it got her was a knee to the solar plexus. Any other ideas?

Measley

Damn man. She's like Royce Gracie in his prime in early UFC.

Nah, she's Rickson Gracie level. The only reason I'm not putting her ahead of Rickson is that Rickson fought dudes who were bigger and stronger than he was.

No one has a clue how to win at this point.

Only way you can stop her is to get the female equivalent of Jon Jones; Someone who is tall and lanky, and can keep her at bay with strikes, and stuff her takedowns.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Post fight: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/1/8121465/ufc-184-post-fight-press-conference-video

Best part is how Rousey said to Kat (immediately post-fight) that she basically understood Kat fucked up and would like to fight again.

In all reality Rousey simply had the best damn training and pre-fight analysis. Rousey even kinda hinted at that at how she was expecting someone to rush her (which no one has done before).

Still, a Rousey fan, mind you, hell, this fan made me more of a fan with how she talked to Kat after obliterating her. I think Kat deserves another go, though. Kat is beating up on herself and probably for good reason. Kat got caught. That should be the meme here. Kat admits it, Rousey admits it. Kat just didn't be careful.

Tate still managed to be the most careful fighter against Rousey, and it lasted several rounds. I obviously still think Rousey wins in the end. There's no competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom