• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 192 OT: Cormier vs Gustafsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the UFC fighters from Chechnya/Dagestan have really wild striking. Looping punches, chin up, etc. Even the more successful guys like Khabib. When it works it works, but almost all of them leave so many openings to get countered.

Yep, a technical fighter could just put a striking clinic on any of those guys really. They throw looping hands because they know one punch is enough, but patience and precision can beat them 9 times out of ten.

Seem like a flash KO to me. I think, he could've recovered if given the chance as some other refs allow it.
You mean a flash knockdown, KO would mean he's out cold.<

edit: Any of you has the gif from it? He seems to comeback the moment he falls down and regain consciousness/mobility as fast as he fell. lol I get why the ref stopped it though with his arm flailing like so when falling, but still.

Most of the UFC fighters from Chechnya/Dagestan have really wild striking. Looping punches, chin up, etc. Even the more successful guys like Khabib. When it works it works, but almost all of them leave so many openings to get countered.

Yep I've noticed it for a while. They have to tighten that up. Its the main reason I thought Cerrone was going to beat Khabib when they booked that fight

Guru-Guru

Banned
Yep I've noticed it for a while. They have to tighten that up. Its the main reason I thought Cerrone was going to beat Khabib when they booked that fight
Yeah, Khabib does some crazy lunging punches where he is open to be countered that Cerrone could take advantage of. I especially remember it from his fight with Miller. Honestly though, I would still favor Khabib, since he is super aggressive right from the bell, and can wrestlefuck anybody in that division. Now with 2 knee injuries, who knows how he will look against Ferguson... I hope he hasn't lost too much of his explosiveness.

Oh my days. I am enamored with Sage Northcutt. He looks like a Starship Troopers character but he has the wide eyed optimism and values you build the company around.

Oscar

Draft Kings just fucked me in the ass.

I was #1 on their $125k event and they cancelled it because of some "data issue".

Guru-Guru

Banned
I find it hilarious how all the dudes from Chechnya/Dagestan have the exact same haircut, facial hair, and expression on their faces.

That next fight is looking to be awesome too, I'd stop watching that theatre WWE stuff and prepare mentally to see a fight worth the last 3 WWE events.

VoxPop

DamagedEmptyKoodoo.gif

those elbows from the guard!! He's voluntarily just slicing him with them instead of going for impact. Seriously, Yair is one slick fighter.

Hooker is just desperate now.

whaaaaat. Guy fought with a broken foot too and was still throwing those Tony Jaa strikes.

Baba O Reily always kicks off the main card with an EPIC AS FUCK montage. I go to about 10 UFC fights per year and its always the best part. Goosebumps

Right? And I edited, brain fart on my part, it's a The Who song. Also got goosebumps when I heard it live. It was my one and only time watching a UFC event live though, gotta change that soon. Do we already know the next UFC event at Montreal?

Fitts

Lol at that highlight reel attempting to make Bader look hype. UFC gonna get sued for false advertisement.

ElRenoRaven

Giving out 3 passes to watch the ppv first 3 to quote get them. Redeem on UFC.com then you can watch on the UFC app.

Thank you Halo twitter!

Giving out 3 passes to watch the ppv first 3 to quote get them. Redeem on UFC.com then you can watch on the UFC app.

Thank you Halo twitter!

Didn't take one, but that's cool of you man, how come you have extra passes like that?

edit: nvm, I guess it has something to do with a twitter contest.

ElRenoRaven

Didn't take one, but that's cool of you man, how come you have extra passes like that?

edit: nvm, I guess it has something about a twitter concours.

Yup. The Halo Twitter account had a little thing and I won. Got 5 of them but I don't need them all so I used one and gave one to a buddy. Figure why not spread the love and give out the other 3 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom