• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
But where does she go now? The speculation I had in the other thread was that she'd walk out of the UFC undefeated and boxing promoters would flood her with money and Hollywood would be knocking. Why would either of them be interested in her now?

WWE would pay her big. But against their divas it would be a mis match. I doubt she'd wrestle men there.

chrZRX8.png

EQ7ZNsS.gif

Yea Ronda shouldn't fight Holly again, another loss will utterly destroy her career. I mean it's pretty fucked now, but a second loss would just be scust.

Guru-Guru

Banned
She got destroyed. As the competition level gets better in women's MMA she's going to get lapped. I saw nothing that indicates she would fare any better against Holm in a rematch. This was Cain/Lesnar or Jones/Shogun level destruction. She's not long for this sport. I bet she walks away within the year anyway.
Yeah, she will stick around for a rematch as she is ultra-competitive and is going to be pissed that she lost once she collects her brain cells back. If she loses the rematch (looks likely after getting exposed tonight) I could see her leaving MMA.

If the sport wasn't already fledgling for legitimate champions, yes. But they spent SOOOOOOOOO long and SOOOOOOOOOO much money hyping up a woman that finally got tested with a legitimate opponent and got destroyed. This is the problem boxing had. Yes you need upsets and for contenders to be legitimate. But you need strong, interesting champs and warrant the hype. Right now there is a lack of that in public perception.

Got ya.

Not a Rousey hater but man that was incredible. Holm gained a fan tonight — not just because she impressed the hell out of me, but also because I liked her attitude. Seems very professional. I hope this embarrassing loss causes Rousey to act more humble in the future. What a fight by Holm!

VoxPop

Loved that Jon Jones gameplan. Oblique kick, arm crank and the eye poke finale before the beauty of a head kick. #hollyshit

NYR

Jesus Fucking Christ, I think Holly probably had a 80-90% on her left jab and hook all fight.

That is because Ronda doesn't know how to fight when she is down or doesn't get her way in the first 30 seconds. Holm wasn't scared of her and was aggressive and stuck to a gameplan - Ronda's gameplay was to intimidate to the point she could get a KO in under a minute, and when that didn't happen, she chased a KO, got desperate, and got knocked the fuck out.

Zeliard

This rematch will be FUCKING GIGANTIC dude.

We are talking insane buy rate if Ronda manages to come back and win a couple fights

I have to imagine it's going to be an instant rematch unless Ronda just retires, despite how one-sided it was. Ronda is by far the UFC's biggest cash cow and was already indicating she wasn't going to hang around much longer, so I don't see them giving her a regular fight in between a title shot.

Ronda's got nothing for Holly. She's an incredibly one-dimensional fighter and once Holly served her the entire KFC menu her career flashed before her eyes.

cdyhybrid

Karma is a bitch, gotdamn.

I watch every time to see if she'll lose, and boy was she completely outclassed in this fight.

Should have touched gloves with your smug ass.

Amazing stuff Holly, countered the hell out Rousey and knocked her the fuck out. Amazing.

She seems like such a nice person with a good attitude too. Well-earned and deserved.

Props to the DJ for "Mama Said Knock You Out" playing the whole time afterwards too.

So much for Ronda hanging with a boxer.

Not just any boxer, Ronda stans thought she would beat the best boxer on the planet.

Something happened to Ronda's psychological after the nose strike .... Missing those judo opportunities was WEIRD for her.

Or she underestimate her opponent and wanted to make a bigger win...

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Can someone please post a gif of that punch that Ronda threw in the 2nd round that holly ducked under and caused Ronda to fall to a knee. That shit was beautiful.

Nobody has a gif of that badly whiffed punch? Ronda was cooked as soon as that happened.

i thought she was cooked when holm took her down because it was clear that rousey was fucked up from those punches

she looked out on her feet by the way she was stumbling around

Holm looked excellent! She did actually take some hard hits here and there. Rhonda was the most aggressive I've ever seen which translated into not having proper balance. That was a devastating loss.

mreddie

Yeah, Ronda/Holm 2 might end badly. I don't think Gina coma back after her loss.

December is gonna be fun for UFC.

Aldo will reign again and LA NOCHE DE DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom