• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
I liked Stephens much better this fight.

I think he had the first round. Second was Holloway. Third is a draw. Holloway had a great opportunity but squandered it whilst Stephens kept bringing it and finished strong despite being gassed.

Max turns in another mature performance. Well done.

He really needs to work kicks into his striking better if he wants to break through to the next level, though.

Pretty sure he didn't mix them up as often as he usually does because he knew Stephens would be ready for them though. It's all about being prepared for the opponent in front of you, sticking to the gameplan when it works.

I liked Stephens much better this fight.

I think he had the first round. Second was Holloway. Third is a draw. Holloway had a great opportunity but squandered it whilst Stephens kept bringing it and finished strong despite being gassed.

Nahh, Holloway won that third easily imo.

weekev

Banned
Pretty sure he didn't mix them up as often as he usually does because he knew Stephens would be ready for them though. It's all about being prepared for the opponent in front of you, sticking to the gameplan when it works.
Yep you saw the 1 time he tried it Jeremy caught it, clever fighting really.

Yep you saw the 1 time he tried it Jeremy caught it, clever fighting really.

Yeah though that was a spinning back kick, normal roundhouse or front body kicks can be pretty damn fast and hard to catch when well set up with hands. Stephens is a crafty veteran though and it was a good call from Holloway to stick to what he did.

Fitts

Yeah though that was a spinning back kick, normal roundhouse or front body kicks can be pretty damn fast and hard to catch when well set up with hands. Stephens is a crafty veteran though and it was a good call from Holloway to stick to what he did.

Just saying, dude had plenty of opportunity to maintain distance, slip punches, and go low but instead chose to throw hands. It worked out, but openings were there for the taking.

I just got corrected today that Romero actually said "Don't forget Jesus" and not "No for gay Jesus"

Accents can be confusing lol.

I'm aware, but it was amazing at the time.

Yaari

CWE5AJiWIAAovHK.jpg

Look at him.

Where you all been when Machida has been entering the cage with some Linking Park since forever?

Judgemental pricks :p I loved me some linking park back in the day.

Well yeah, back in the day.

You enter the cage with songs that makes you go in with emotions, whatever the song is and at whatever the time it makes you remember of.

My last boxing fight I went in with Crazy Train from Ozzy Osbourne because of what it reminded me, not because i continue listenning to it.

Where you been? Machida swapped that shit out for some hype ass House of Pain a few fights ago.
He actually went back to Linking Park at least once since he got in with House of Pain.

Fitts

Goddamn this...

...fuck Goldie just said chess match! Dammit!

Awesome first two minutes though. I've been so excited for this.

He actually went back to Linking Park at least once since he got in with House of Pain.

I don't remember that. Then again, I'm pretty hammered right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom