• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
what was Conor thinking taking it to the ground did he forget this guy is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? you fucking idiot...

I wanted Nate to Knock his ass out standing, it was coming...

He was hurt and Nate was pouring it on. Conor looked great until Nate popped his ass and got his boxing going. Then it was over. He tried a take down to prevent from getting hit, but that was an even bigger mistake. Nate had his ass either way and it was plain as fucking day.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah but I want to see Aldo and McGregor have a real fight though.

Let's see how they match up when technique and attrition come into play.
I'd like to see a rematch too. I just find it strange to say those things when someone knocks you out. There is bad blood there so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I mean, that's pretty much how Diaz won this fight. By the second round he had sniffed out McGregor's timing (especially with how much McGregor burned his arm whiffing so many lefts), started landing and almost immediately nullified McGregor's standup. McGregor didn't adjust and got hurt quickly for it, picked apart rapidly from that point, got stuffed with his desperate takedown attempt and choked the fuck out.

Conor dropped his guard, it's clear as day. You act like Diaz counterpunched Conor when that wasn't the case.

Fox318

Phil "Fatty Deposits" Brooks
466621668.jpg
Look in his eyes?

What do you see?

Reg

Banned
Conor spent all that wasted energy in trash talking and it got him nowhere. I'm pleased the better boxer and mma fighter won tonight.

ERMint13

Looked like she tapped but the ref missed it to me.

But that might have been her trying to break it.

Nah she didn't tap that was one of those wild grasping for air motions before you go out. The panic set in as she started to go out.

I hate Tate but she had a good game plan. We'll see who she fights next. RR probably already texted Dana she's ready to come back lol

I bet five grand friend because I felt pretty confident about Diaz winning the fight. I just decided on round two based on a whim since I felt that'd be about right due to these guys likely trading a lot, which means someone is likely to get hurt sooner rather than later. I wouldn't have really cared if I'd lost it, but considering I made the bet on a whim due to how good the odds were, I'm pretty damn satisfied.

Ufbr5ej.gif

Instro

wow... nate diaz on a supposedly 3 day camp made that look easy

he ate conor's shots like they were nothing and conor was about to get knocked out if he didn't shoot for that TD..and Nate's not known for finishing guys with power..yikes

bad day for dana white

i love it
The Diaz bros are hard to gauge due to scar tissue, but he certainly got a bit wobbled in round 1.

That's Roy Jones Jr, one of the greatest ever in his prime and had lightning fast reflexes.

If Nate and Conor straight up box it ends just like this most of the time. Nate's got the reach and better technique. Conor was super aggressive because speed kills, but Nate could take his power. If Conor hangs back he's fighting Nate's fight. Either way Nate wins unless Conor lands the perfect shot.

I disagree. Diaz has a better chin but there is no way he is a better boxer than Conor.

Better chin != better boxer.

We agree to disagree.

Reg

Banned
what was Conor thinking taking it to the ground did he forget this guy is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? you fucking idiot...

He went for the take down because he was hurt and about to cry.

You're up to your ears in bullshit.

It was 152 and Canelo had PLENTY of time to get the weight off. He was very lively at the weigh in and clowned Floyd as well.

I don't like Floyd as a person but keep it real.

Yea it was 152, but it was still at a CW, which was my point, so that's not being up to my ears in bullshit. Misremembering a single detail, lol. I don't think you understand the meaning of words.

It's actually you who seems to be completely ignorant about boxing. How much time one has to take the weight off means nothing. Canelo had already been unable to fight at below 154, missing the weight in previous weights, that's how difficult it was. It was well known Canelo could not make that weight anymore, not without really killing himself. And Canelo did need to a chair beside him for weigh in, due to how drained he was.

Why did Floyd ask for the CW? To drain him. That's just a cold blooded fact. This has nothing to do with Floyd has a person. Educate yourself on boxing and catchweights.

The Beard

Looked like she tapped but the ref missed it to me.

But that might have been her trying to break it.

She never tapped. She was trying to break it and then she started doing some half-conscious shadow boxing before passing out.

Also, tapping is no less honorable than getting choked out. When your opponent has a rear naked choke securely locked in, you've already lost. You're not tougher because you let yourself lose consciousness, you're just stupid.

Yea it was 152, but it was still at a CW, which was my point, so that's not being up to my ears in bullshit. Misremembering a single detail, lol. I don't think you understand the meaning of words.

It's actually you who seems to be completely ignorant about boxing. How much time one has to take the weight off means nothing. Canelo had already been unable to fight at 152, missing the weight in previous fights, that's how difficult it was. And Canelo did need to a chair beside him for weigh in, due to how drained he was.

Why did Floyd ask for the CW? To drain him. That's just a cold blooded fact. This has nothing to do with Floyd has a person. Educate yourself on boxing and catchweights.

Canelo shouldn't have agreed to the catchweight if he didn't think he could cut and remain effective. How is that Floyd's problem? Even Canelo didn't use that shit as an excuse. FOH.

Haha yeah. I made a remark to my friend about how funny it would be for 2 upsets back to back to give dana a heart attack. Little did I know....

Yeah its insane. He already looked destroyed when Miesha won and then Cobor losing right after words. Holy shit crazy. I mean they have no mega fights for UFC 200 anymore

Nate hurt him bad standing and was landing at will (he was even throwing and landing some Stockton slaps for the hell of it) Conor tried a takedown out of desperation to try and survive.

It took Nate a little while to get the timing down but once he did it took very little time for him to get to Mcgregors chin.

Diaz did outbox him. I swear some you guys would judge a 12 round boxing match based on the first two rounds. It takes time for a better boxer to adjust to a lesser but faster one, and how you adapt and make adjustments during the fight is a huge part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom